Rangers-daft bride to get wed at Ibrox fuming as uncle books his a month before

mdingwall

Administrator
Rangers-daft bride to get wed at Ibrox fuming as uncle books his a month before

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/fa...twitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1571134932

The bride was left fuming that her Ibrox wedding has been trumped
But he enraged her by arranging to tie the knot at the Govan ground one month before her.

She was so angry by this betrayal that she has banned him from her wedding "on principle".

Taking to the Blushing Brides Scotland group to vent her fury, she said: "Looking for advice ladies as to whether I'm justified in my choice or being childish.

"I've been engaged for just over a year now. And my wedding is booked for Ibrox Stadium next November.

"My dad has just called to say that my uncle, who is invited and has said he will attend my wedding, has announced that he is now engaged and has booked Ibrox for the month before mine.

"I'm so angry I've uninvited him on principle. I don't have an issue with him getting married there, my issue is he's choosing to do it before mine.

Rangers-daft bride set to get married at Ibrox fuming as uncle swoops in and books stadium for his own wedding one month before
  • Blair Meikle
A RANGERS-supporting bride set to get married at Ibrox has been left fuming after her uncle swooped in and booked the stadium for his own wedding a month before her big day.

The woman had the home of the Gers booked for her nuptials, with invites sent out to all the guests - including the uncle.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2019/10/Ibrox-wedding-e1571133398994.jpg
The bride was left fuming that her Ibrox wedding has been trumped
But he enraged her by arranging to tie the knot at the Govan ground one month before her.

She was so angry by this betrayal that she has banned him from her wedding "on principle".

Wilson will recommend £2m Hickey to Rangers transfer – with Celtic in line for windfall if Hearts sell starlet
Taking to the Blushing Brides Scotland group to vent her fury, she said: "Looking for advice ladies as to whether I'm justified in my choice or being childish.

"I've been engaged for just over a year now. And my wedding is booked for Ibrox Stadium next November.

"My dad has just called to say that my uncle, who is invited and has said he will attend my wedding, has announced that he is now engaged and has booked Ibrox for the month before mine.

"I'm so angry I've uninvited him on principle. I don't have an issue with him getting married there, my issue is he's choosing to do it before mine.

She had the venue booked before her uncle nipped in ahead

She had the venue booked before her uncle nipped in aheadCredit: Getty Images - Getty
image-1-6.png

"So all the family we share who have never been and seen inside Ibrox will now see it at his wedding and not mine, including my dad.

"Am I overreacting or justified?"

And after asking for opinions she certainly got her wish, with plenty other brides weighing in.

Many did back her up, and one said: "I would be fuming and probably change my date to before and and not tell anyone until nearer the time so it's too late for the other person to change theirs. Yes I'm petty af but who cares?"

image-2-1.png

image-3-1.png

Another wrote: "Nope this is disrespectful to jump in knowingly and do this a month before you're already booked and planned wedding. You must be gutted total kick in the teeth, talk about stealing someone's thunder."

Another said: "Hey Toni, can't imagine how I'd feel with it was me. I think it was rude of him to book it the month before yours, having the same venue is one thing but I think wedding etiquette would not be not booking in before your big day and him not telling you in person."

While another defensive comment read: "I would be annoyed that 1) They just got engaged and booked their wedding month before mine and 2) At the very same venue. I wouldn't get married at at same venue as anyone in my family. I think he should have spoken with him. Tell how you feel?"

But opinions were split and others were equally quick to tell the bride she was being overdramatic.

Dont see the big deal so what she gets her wedding and so does the uncle
I happen to have little against you suggestion but it's a typical male response. Just like the uncles decision to book.
I don't think he really thought much about it.

Probably saw the invite. Thought that would be great and phoned for available dates, got given that date and booked.

I would be a bit miffed to be honest, having everything all booked and a family member nips in and books the same venue for a month before it?

Woman are mental when it comes to weddings though , 2 females in my work were getting married (to men). Everything all booked etc, one of them decided to bring her wedding forward by a year, it was for a few months earlier than the other broad had all hers booked in for, said broad wasn’t happy that the focus and attention had shifted from her wedding onto the other 1:D

Dont see the big deal so what she gets her wedding and so does the uncle

Which would probably have been her attitude had the Uncle booked his after hers, but to have have it before, knowing the date of her wedding, was a bit selfish IMO.

Guys don't really care about such things but he should have been aware that it would have been a major deal to his niece.

Whit a load of shite. We got married in Cyprus. Limassol Town Hall. Had only close family and friends there - the people we 'really' wanted. There were 13 of us sat down to the wedding dinner (on the beach). I always refer to it as The Last Supper.:eek:

This carry-on of spending tens of thousands on a wedding - at a time when you probably most need ready cash - is absolutely bonkers. The lassie is getting her wedding in Ibrox - who has gone before her matters not a jot. Its the day she marries the man she, presumably, loves. What does it matter if her Uncle has got married at the same place a few months before. Methinks she's forgetting that the wedding is about a marriage - its not a fashion shoot. Maybe she just knows her Uncle's bride-to-be is going to totally upstage her. We need photos to make an assessment.

Last edited:
Uncle sounds a bit of a pussy whipped blouse as well booking his wedding so soon.

Last edited:
Each to there own but I agree, definitely not for me, even if it is Ibrox.
well your missing out ive been to a wedding at Ibrox and i preferred it to a church then having to go to another place for the reception
the blue room is very good is very intimate and good for a wedding and you get to walk up the marble staircase and the couple gets their photo on the centre circle

Why does her uncle getting married before her stop her from getting married there? Or is this a woman thing where they can't get married in the same place as someone else because it will ruin her big day?

Yet she will probably get shagged by a random on her hen weekend in benidorm, but that won't spoil her wedding.

Back