Rangers daft podcast Walter Smith story

I am a 6 foot 2 16 stone Govanite and one time in his company he gave me "that" look. All I can say is thank heavens I was wearing tight boxers and brown trousers.
No wonder the press didn't mess with him.

:)) :)):))
What were you doing to deserve the look?

I am a 6 foot 2 16 stone Govanite and one time in his company he gave me "that" look. All I can say is thank heavens I was wearing tight boxers and brown trousers.
No wonder the press didn't mess with him.

:)) :)):))
My old man had the very same look when we were at a sportsman’s and ask Walter if he’d mind moving away from the window as the light would spoil the photo, the look he gave my old man will live with me forever, it took Greame Souness to say to him, the man’s right Walter your better over there and he eventually smiled.

Stephen Purdon said he was at the Laudrup night and Laudrup said when he got diagnosed with cancer the first person who called was Walter Smith and he told him any help you need anywhere in the world let me know and i will sort it out

Doesn’t actually surprise me in the slightest.

It’s telling that no player has a bad word to say about him, including the array of World Class egos he coached at Man Utd.
Heard him be credited more than once with sorting out Ronaldo's need for trick and flicks instead of passes. If true its a masterstroke that Ronaldo doesn't credit him for unfortunately.

Reactions: TQ3
We did the Ibrox tour last week. The wee man looks at Walter's portrait outside the Blue room and loudly says "wait, why is there a picture of Joe Biden?" :oops::D

Doesn’t surprise me at all. I think Walter’s a special type of boss in that regard and it’s part of why players give everything for him. The story of him having Gazza over for Christmas dinner still warms my heart.

Smith and Laudrup, I was really lucky growing up.

Like you, I grew up in that era. I took it for granted at the time.. what a fool I was. Utterly spoiled!

Smith's man management skills were second to none.

Doesn’t surprise me at all. I think Walter’s a special type of boss in that regard and it’s part of why players give everything for him. The story of him having Gazza over for Christmas dinner still warms my heart.

Smith and Laudrup, I was really lucky growing up.
Where can I read about this?

Back