Rangers/Douglas Laing Whisky

I’ve got a few bottles from Douglas Laing. Sure I got my 55 bottle from there. Also got a 30 year old Bunnahabain from there and a 46 year old bottle of Dailuaine and a 50 year old bottle of old and rare not sure what kind but distilled in speyside somewhere.

Bought them thinking ill add those to the collection but forgot I gave away my red bottle last season and didnt getvthe white.

Guess Im restarting my collection :D

Whisky is only made in Scotland. Whiskey is everywhere else in the world including Ireland, America and Japan.

Tell that to the Samuels family who craft Maker's Mark bourbon or the good folks at Suntory in Japan who make the wonderful Yamazaki, Hakushu and Hibiki whisky.

The Scots introduced whisky to Canada, hence both are spelled WHISKY. Others from Wales, Ireland. Japan etc are WHISKEY. I believe that the Scottish Whisky Association is/has taken court action against Japanese producers who are using the name whisky. As stated, bourbon is not a whisky.

Another 5 to buy to go along with all I got last year and my collection of 5 Star Gins. Starting to become a bit costly this.

Their rum wasn’t great
Was regretting not buying a second one to drink but glad I didn't based on this. Happy for mine to be kept as a memento.
Their rum was fantastic - I ended up going through 3 bottles. Managed to only buy one this time.
Have to say I enjoyed it. Felt a bit like a cognac not like a rum I’d tasted before. But sod it, got a Rangers badge, I’m in again.

Been pouring Havana 7 into the 55 bottle since I finished it :shh:B-D

First things first. It’s Whisky and not whiskey. It only has an e if it’s Irish whiskey I believe?
I think the general rule of thumb is if the country has the letter E in it, so does whisky, strangely enough. So Ireland, America etc are whiskey, and Scotland, Japan, Canada etc are whisky.

Also, the Irish rules for maturation are 3 years and one day, to trump the Scottish rule of 3 years. But that’s an argument for another day haha

Just ordered the 150 year whisky. Bought the Red, White, & Blue labelled bottles they released last year so it can go nicely with them.
Bought the 55 Blended Whisky too but cracked it open on trophy day, lovely!
The 55 blended was very good I thought. I have the Blue label but not tried it yet.

I've had the #55 and the 20/21 whisky's and they were very decent indeed.
They're a bit on the pricey side but I consider it worth it as the difference makes a small contribution to the club!

First things first. It’s Whisky and not whiskey. It only has an e if it’s Irish whiskey I believe?
Think it’s got an e if it’s not Scottish eg Irish, Japanese and Welsh being three distilling countries outside Scotland

The Scots introduced whisky to Canada, hence both are spelled WHISKY. Others from Wales, Ireland. Japan etc are WHISKEY. I believe that the Scottish Whisky Association is/has taken court action against Japanese producers who are using the name whisky. As stated, bourbon is not a whisky.
No action against anyone calling it whisky. Action only against countries other than Scotland calling it Scotch.

Terrible deal.

We should allow the players to negotiate their own deals:

The MacAllan McGregor
Johnnie walker Mcloughlin
Juninho Bacunabunnahabhain
Glen Scotia Arfield
Jamiesons Tavernier
Lagavulin Bassey
Alfredo Dalmorelos
Tsunukimar Roofe
Fashion Sakalaphroig
Ryan Jack Daniels
Borna Barasichiro
Strathislanias Hagi
Glenfiddich kamara.

Not even sorry.

The 55 blended was very good I thought. I have the Blue label but not tried it yet.
It was, i was torn on which one to crack open and drink on trophy day, was between the Season 2020/21 single malt or the 55 Blend. There seemed to be loads of the 55 bottles available so decided to open it and was not disappointed. Bonus that its in a dark glass so i just refilled it with water and stuck the cork back in so that it still looks nice with the collection.

Really pleased about this, have bought the Red, White, 55 and Centenary whisky. This is my Xmas sorted for myself, both of the whiskies (worried about my spelling) and the rum.

Back