Rangers/Douglas Laing Whisky

I don’t think so - the lion is all plastic - it does look great though.

I’ve got the Tav signed one coming so very tempted to start drinking this - that’s what this one is for !

No, I meant is the protective bit on top of the lion removable? Not the lion itself :))

Received mine today but it was not the number specified on the order (much higher). I contacted Douglas Laing Distillers and they are looking into it, so we will see where this goes!

What number did you get and what number were you expecting?
I was expecting the same number as the order number 35 and I received number 55 (yes I realise the significance of that number). Douglas Laing have replied and said that the order number does not relate to the bottle number. If that is the case then if I had order number 1 then I would be seriously cheesed with that. I also asked them about the late delivery and they said it was their fault and would hold their hands up to that issue.

I was expecting the same number as the order number 35 and I received number 55 (yes I realise the significance of that number). Douglas Laing have replied and said that the order number does not relate to the bottle number. If that is the case then if I had order number 1 then I would be seriously cheesed with that. I also asked them about the late delivery and they said it was their fault and would hold their hands up to that issue.

Does 35 have personal significance to you?

If not, I’d say you’ve won a watch by getting bottle 55 and would be mental to take your complaint further given the number has no correlation to orders or quality.

My order was no. 52 and got bottle number 49. You however have defo got an extra special one with 55. IMHO it will be sought after by collectors more than the Tav signed one’s in years to come.

Be interesting to see the numbers as they’re released.

The unsigned ones don’t appear to follow the ordering number.

I ordered the Rangers 150 celebration Rum on Wednesday morning arrived Thursday lunchtime, great service and it looks nice it’s vacuum packed with bubble wrap so not fully opened it as it’s a birthday gift.

Anyone heard anything about the hand-signed bottles?

Last update said to be signed last week and posted at the start of this week, but nothing since.

It’s getting a bit farcical now.
Just the £1,000 for a bottle, too.

Anyone heard anything about the hand-signed bottles?

Last update said to be signed last week and posted at the start of this week, but nothing since.

It’s getting a bit farcical now.
Just the £1,000 for a bottle, too.
no way am i spending a bag on that

If you do, let me know if you get a response please, @Puggy :cool:

Hi Puggy,

Thanks for your enquiry and your patience.

We’ve had an update from Rangers that the certificates will be getting signed on Monday when the players return from Portugal, so we’ll be despatching at the end of next week as the stock is complete except the certificates.

I’ll be in touch as soon as the finished stock has arrived so that you can organise being in for the delivery.

Thanks,
David

Hi Puggy,

We’ve had an update from Rangers that the certificates will be getting signed on Monday when the players return from Portugal, so we’ll be despatching at the end of next week as the stock is complete except the certificates.

I’ll be in touch as soon as the finished stock has arrived so that you can organise being in for the delivery.

Thanks,
David

Does that mean the bottle label wont be signed and instead, some wee certificate?

Are the regular Rangers ones available on the website any good? Not a whisky drinker but tempted to start now :))

Hi Puggy,

Thanks,
David

Cheers, @Puggy

Not overly impressed with the length of time it’s taking to get this bottle.

Our 150th anniversary will have come and gone at this rate.

Hi Puggy,

Thanks,
David

And still no sign of the hand-signed whisky or even a note to explain yet another delay.

Same for you, @Puggy ?

Fired them off another email. Got an instant automated response.

Thank you for your email. Please note that I'm on annual leave and will return on Wednesday 20th July. I will have limited access to my emails during this time and I will respond as soon as I can on my return to the office.

Useless pricks.

Fired them off another email. Got an instant automated response.

Thank you for your email. Please note that I'm on annual leave and will return on Wednesday 20th July. I will have limited access to my emails during this time and I will respond as soon as I can on my return to the office.

Useless pricks.

I’m half tempted to tell them to refund me.

Still want the bottle, though.

Hi Puggy.

Apologies for the wait.

All stock is at our premises ready for despatch.

The certificates have been signed by James Tavernier and we're waiting on Rangers dropping these off at the office so we can begin despatching the orders.

We expect to confirm despatch links via DHL on Monday. We hope that you enjoy the release when it arrives, and it has been worth the wait.

Thanks for understanding.

@Lord Summerisle

Hi Puggy.

Apologies for the wait.

All stock is at our premises ready for despatch.

The certificates have been signed by James Tavernier and we're waiting on Rangers dropping these off at the office so we can begin despatching the orders.

We expect to confirm despatch links via DHL on Monday. We hope that you enjoy the release when it arrives, and it has been worth the wait.

Thanks for understanding.

@Lord Summerisle

Cheers, @Puggy

Hopefully they stick to their dates this time!

Got an email saying mine will be arriving tomorrow. Bit dissapointing that its a signed certificate and not the bottle!

I wouldn’t be happy with that and I’m glad I never bought it. I thought he was signing the bottle.

You sure certificates aren’t just included as COA’s?

Not entirely sure pal, just had a quick glance at previous posts but maybe im wrong, hopefully im wrong infact!!

Back