Rangers dream scene print

I'm assuming the younger Struth is in the middle of the managers?

But no Scot Symon but a Gerrard?
We could be here all night on who should be in it.

The concept is fantastic the detail and execution very much not.

I guess there are guys who I really would like in it. Our all time European goal scorer for example but at least 30 historical figures I'd want included that ain't there it would have to be massive I guess.

You have an even bigger knowledge than me and would want some of your historically important figures included I guess.

This could have been better, less errors and more included and I'd have bought it if that was the case.

McGregor is also wearing a kit he wore in the 2008 LCF win but has a League Winners Medal around his neck when we didn’t win the League that season.

Its good but the errors on it has made me not buy it. It would drive me mad looking at it knowing it’s wrong.

Ridiculous it went to print like that. They should always get a random mix of fans to look over it. I would have pointed that kit and the team sheet being wrong at the first viewing.

That was deliberately done to show his longevity at the club.

That part was written in the extra hand book.

A good idea, but very open to confusion if you hadn't read it tbf.

We could be here all night on who should be in it.

The concept is fantastic the detail and execution very much not.

I guess there are guys who I really would like in it. Our all time European goal scorer for example but at least 30 historical figures I'd want included that ain't there it would have to be massive I guess.

You have an even bigger knowledge than me and would want some of your historically important figures included I guess.

This could have been better, less errors and more included and I'd have bought it if that was the case.
It's not about me or any indivual Rangers fan and it is a massive task. But William Wilton seems to have passed everyone by?

One hundred and fifty years of history and our first manager is overlooked?

No William Wilton is not good,

It's pathetic and makes you wonder at the whole scenario. And the people running the club,

Does anyone care about our history?
I do
And I have agreed.

Of course he should be there.

Suspect cash before historical accuracy is the issue here and not anything I post.

McCoist looks like Davie Mitchell. And no harm to Stevie but I’m not sure that he merited being there ahead of some other managers, especially treble winning ones.

As an investment it maybe worth a dabble. As a tribute to some of the greats its ok ( too many missing).
As a piece of art its fucking horrendous. Subjective of course.

I like it TBH. It is not meant to be an accurate depiction of every Rangers person worth a mention over the last 150 years and likewise, artistic license re shirts being worn at particular times and so on.
To get every player in who should be, it would be a roll of wallpaper required and not a picture.
All down to people's opinions, but I think it looks very good and for the vast majority who will look at the general message as opposed to trying to verify the exact history of every representation shown, it is a good pic.

I assume that’s meant to be Davie Meiklejohn holding the Loving Cup (Or John Brown was with us longer than I thought). Hadn’t he retired by the time we were given that cup by Stoke City?

Edit - just checked. Meiklejohn retired in 1936 and we were given the cup a year later.

I like it TBH. It is not meant to be an accurate depiction of every Rangers person worth a mention over the last 150 years and likewise, artistic license re shirts being worn at particular times and so on.
To get every player in who should be, it would be a roll of wallpaper required and not a picture.
All down to people's opinions, but I think it looks very good and for the vast majority who will look at the general message as opposed to trying to verify the exact history of every representation shown, it is a good pic.
I get that everything doesn’t need to be exact, but to have a famous 11 team sheet on the wall with only 10 players omitting henderson is just embarrassing.

It's a bloody horror scene.

That it was allowed to go to print with so many errors is just amateur stuff.

Sorry for anyone that pays 500 for that.

The omission of Jock Wallace saddens me.
Also pretty sure Willie Johnston wasn’t ever built like that.
Overall could have been better.

Does the print version not have Ally with a photoshopped head or was that just a wind up on here?

An impossible task. Would have been better doing 3 dream scenes each covering a 50 year period. With our rich history even then there would still be debates about someone who wasn't included.

I would never buy this for £50 never mind £500.

As someone who has backed the board and investors, it pains me to ask. What did the club actually get right for our 150th celebrations?

Leaving the artististic merit out, the fact Wallace and McLeish are not there is unforgivable. I appreciate the limitations of space but when you think of Wallace's two trebles, standing with the support and McLeish's treble and Helicopter Sunday you really have to wonder what exactly went on during the commissioning and creation of the painting.

I've got the £80, or whatever it was version, I'm happy with that. I personally woudnae got for the £500 one.

Just can't see it as an investment tbh, but who knows further down the line.

In general, I think some of the nods to the past and subtle details are brilliant.

Jimmy’s kit box, the king of Ibrox, our oldest trophy, our 4 European finals, big Marv, the idea of the team sheet, amongst other things - and there is plenty more.

Henderson’s omission from the team sheet we something I picked out very quickly after it was released, made even worse but the fact Henderson we seemingly at its reveal event.

It really ruins it. Amazing someone signed off on it, especially when you imagine the likes of David Mason would have viewed it.

It’s also incredibly difficult to get everyone, or every form of acknowledge in it. However, Wilton and Vallance should certainly have been in it.
Along with Jock Wallace and I still stand by what I said on the other thread, Ally looks more like Gordon Smith.

That said and in relation to the obviously flaws, it's a decent portrait of our 1st 150 years.

Latest posts

Back