Rangers Elite Training

Club Deck Pakora

My sons been invited to the rangers elite training sessions.

Anyone else had their kids at these?

I’m wondering if it’s worth taking him along.

Should add my sons only 5

I've older boys from my football teams who have been invited to it. It seems to be a way for Rangers to keep further tabs on players that they've identified as having talent but not stand outs enough to be thrown into pro-youth. Can basically be an extra training session each week for players at a decent level and standard.

However, it's fucking mental that any club is calling it Elite Training for a 5 year old.

Had my son up at this in the past, to be honest it just felt like a money making exercise for them, it was all just training, no matches, he also trained inside and parents were not allowed, bit disappointing you cant watch them, but being a coach myself sometimes not having the parents around can be a good thing. Your boy might be a fantastic wee player though and being there could be a good thing if he was to catch the coaches eye.

Last edited:
Yes and worth it. My boy was shortly doing skills he learned at the Hummel and as another poster said extra training in Scotland’s best training environment

My lads been involved in academy fitba since he was 4 down here in Manchester. It's too young but it's the way it goes at the moment. He is 8 now and about to sign his 1st contract. However long it lasts it's great training although you don't have to pay down here. Do rangers charge for it?

My lads been involved in academy fitba since he was 4 down here in Manchester. It's too young but it's the way it goes at the moment. He is 8 now and about to sign his 1st contract. However long it lasts it's great training although you don't have to pay down here. Do rangers charge for it?

For the Elite training sessions that the OP is talking about you have to pay, it's blocks of training sessions you have to pay up front, each session lasting an hour and a half on a Sunday evening.

You do realise the training at this level it is just standard coaches (Community coaches) who take it. The price for it is more than usual as you are paying for name.

If you really want your kid to learn, don’t pin your hopes JUST on this training. Get him coaching elsewhere with different styles (try futsal) and it will bring him on quicker.

In my opinion knowing some of the coaches.....it certainly isn’t elite but is better than just standard coaching!

Back