Rangers Enter Market For Kit & Retail Partner

What about making the kit 'in-house', and then the kit company pays to 'sponsor' the shirt, thus we wouldn't have an outside retail deal, just 2 shirt sponsors?

I'm sure the Diadora and the Umbro shirts that followed them were done like this. They only sponsored, didn't actually produce the kits.

David? David Murray, is that you?

What about making the kit 'in-house', and then the kit company pays to 'sponsor' the shirt, thus we wouldn't have an outside retail deal, just 2 shirt sponsors?

I'm sure the Diadora and the Umbro shirts that followed them were done like this. They only sponsored, didn't actually produce the kits.

Aye, and they were %^*&ing pish in quality?

Aye, and they were %^*&ing pish in quality?

Ok, a better quality version then?

If it got rid of SD, who cares?

Incidentally, the 02/03 Diadora shirt was our biggest ever selling shirt, and the UK's biggest selling shirt that year, outselling Man Utd.

Who produced the kits then?
Rangers would need a staffed retail dept to make our own kit. They would need to take responsibility for sourcing production facilities, manufacturing, labour, and distribution. Including the costs.
We couldn't hope to deliver a service comparable to any of the big players. Out sourcing retail should be beneficial to us and our supplier. It would be too if it wasn't for Mike the cu*t.
For what it's worth I think we're just waiting for a damages award to end our unwanted partnership with Sports Direct. They are as good as gone. I'm not sure what will happen regarding litigation with Hummel/Elite, hopefully it can all be amicably dealt with. We're not far off from having a normal retail deal now.

It might have been mentioned already, but check out the last set of kits Under Armour did for Cruz Azul. Absolutely perfect for Rangers

OIP.73gzsNXfYMnvDdbHSrQ1MwHaHa

w22151_under-armour-cruz-azul-away-jersey_wht_detail.jpg

1311269_826_under_armour_cruz_azul_3rd_jsy_01.jpg

In terms of the design & quality of the Hummel stuff I've really liked what I've managed to get.

It's just been the lack of availability that's been unbelievably frustrating.

TBH I don't really care who makes the kit & training stuff as long as it's looks good, is decent quality & is widely available.

If Bisgrove does his job we should be looking at something like Pepsi Max or an international brand .
So if he doesn't, he's not doing his job ? He'll get the best deal available financially for us. We have a much lower profile now. What international brands did we have in the past ? CR Smith ? McEwans lager ?

No decent manufacturer will touch this situation with a barge pole after the Elite / Hummel fiasco

If Bisgrove does his job we should be looking at something like Pepsi Max or an international brand .
Sounds like Murray many years ago when he asked for something similar. I can’t see any bluechip co. touching us, I’d love to see it, but don’t think it will happen.

Back