Rangers Enter Market For Kit & Retail Partner

For those saying "don't care if it's Donnay"

Brand equity is important here. Thankfully Bisgrove will understand this.

And that's me not having a hissy fit demanding Adidas. :))

I got accused of being a stroppy teen for even daring to question aligning our brand with Hummel (and I've loved the stuff they have produced for us)

The new adidas design is like a take on our 92-94 shirt but with the three stripes on one shoulder.

Would love to see it in Blue, Red and White.

FC_Cincinnati_Home_Jersey_Blue_EH8677_21_model.jpg

Toronto_FC_Away_Authentic_Jersey_Grey_EH8661_21_model.jpg

New_York_Red_Bulls_Away_Authentic_Jersey_Black_EH6207_21_model.jpg

I suspect this is us making a tactical manoeuvre rather than anything else. SDI May still have the rights to match
Agreed, maybe using Liverpool example when they had similar situation and New Balance couldn't match Nikes global sales, so liverpool won that case

I think we have publically advertised for a retail partner as a way of telling the fans this information. I've no doubt our marketing dept. have contacted major sports brands but didn't need to tell us, but chose to.

also to try and draw more legal action from MASH ?

You don't think maybe, just maybe, giving everything going on that there could be more to this than meets a very obvious first glance?

Not really no.

The club has time and time again shown that they’re incapable of being tactically astute on a variety of subjects. This forum wanks itself into a frenzy thinking of the ulterior motives around things and how the club are “playing 3D chess” and looking at the bigger picture.

The simple truth is they’re not. Off the park we are a shambles. On the park we’re better than we were, but still not where we need to be.

You don't think maybe, just maybe, giving everything going on that there could be more to this than meets a very obvious first glance?
Given previous board decisions it's not a big leap to suggest it might be yet another commercial f*ck up.

I think we have publically advertised for a retail partner as a way of telling the fans this information. I've no doubt our marketing dept. have contacted major sports brands but didn't need to tell us, but chose to.

If so , why the continued cloak and dagger , nudge nudge wink wink approach to this ?

Most punters are sick to the back teeth of being told “ read between the lines , the club can’t say certain things, legally can’t “ etc . If that’s the case then it means we are still up shit creek with SDI

Adidas and Nike would just give us some shite generic template.

Hummel aren't the most fashionable of brands, but their designs have been way better looking than anything Nike or Adidas are putting out for other clubs lately.
I’m a bit old to be a fashion guru but I agree. I think it’s a shame that this shambles has seen us apparently dump Hummel. Bit like Puma where they’re ‘piggy in the middle’ of all this litigation. We need to get this resolved soon but I have my doubts.

Hummel aren't the most fashionable of brands, but their designs have been way better looking than anything Nike or Adidas are putting out for other clubs lately.
I don't think that important at this stage of our journey. Rab C Nesbitts vest with a Rangers badge in an Ashley Free world is fine for our next step. We just need to break that Ashley chain.

The article posted by the club about finding a new supplier & kit partner was something David Murray would've been proud of.

The club have confirmed they are looking for alternative suppliers from the end of next season, yet we, as a club, haven't been paid by the existing supplier & have allegedly agreed to indemnify them from any loss suffered due to the Sports Direct issues.

Sports Direct, I presume, I don't need to detail the issues with them.

So we can tell the universe we're looking for a new supplier, what about the money we are owed from the current one? The car crash situation that has emerged due to SDI tying our board in knots routinely in court?

It's all fine and good saying we want a new one, what about the existing deal & the problems surrounding it?

Wasting my breath, though - clear to see that the article has worked "OOOOOOOH AH WANT ADIDAS!" 10/10 for missing the point.

The article posted by the club about finding a new supplier & kit partner was something David Murray would've been proud of.

The club have confirmed they are looking for alternative suppliers from the end of next season, yet we, as a club, haven't been paid by the existing supplier & have allegedly agreed to indemnify them from any loss suffered due to the Sports Direct issues.

I took it to be from the end of this season.

"RANGERS are pleased to confirm they are actively seeking a partner, or partners, for the clubs Official Kit Manufacturer, Retail & Licensing Rights for Season 2020/21 and beyond. "

They look chronic to me. All about opinions but I’d be disappointed if Rangers were wearing shit like that.

Wouldn't be able to use a kit like that in Europe due to UEFA's kit rules. That's why we aren't likely to see any European teams with that template.

This is true, but look at how absolutely terrible it's been trying to get these items.

"RANGERS are pleased to confirm they are actively seeking a partner, or partners, for the clubs Official Kit Manufacturer, Retail & Licensing Rights for Season 2020/21 and beyond. "

that is correct, SD and Elite remain shadows over us in a retail sense however. Long way to run

It doesn't matter two flying fucks what the strip looks like. It matters the brand and the deal. seriously who cares if its some generic adidas template, you're not hitting the town with it on. You're not a poet walking down Marbella thinking he's cultured and cool with a smelly top worn for the 5th day in a row.

that is correct, SD and Elite remain shadows over us in a retail sense however. Long way to run

That's the bit that confuses me most. Hummel had another year to run as far as I am aware. Have they and the club decided it's just too much hassle to continue and to agree to drop the agreement a year early.

Would the club do that without something in place for next season. If there is something planned why the need for this message.

Stand corrected on that but the point in general remains.

This just seems like a 'nothing to see here' attempt from the club.

That's the bit that confuses me most. Hummel had another year to run as far as I am aware. Have they and the club decided it's just too much hassle to continue and to agree to drop the agreement a year early.

Would the club do that without something in place for next season. If there is something planned why the need for this message.

We've been told in one of the many court cases we can't use Hummel after the end of this season.

Agree with this.
Why are Elite and previously Rangers retail allowed to not pay millions but still keep our side confidential? Surely they are breaking the terms?
If so , why the continued cloak and dagger , nudge nudge wink wink approach to this ?

Most punters are sick to the back teeth of being told “ read between the lines , the club can’t say certain things, legally can’t “ etc . If that’s the case then it means we are still up shit creek with SDI

Has their guy on Twitter said anything about this?

I remember last week he said something like ‘all will become clear very soon’.

Still makes me think there’s more to this and that we may end up with Elite, still.

The court judgment prevented us from continuing the current arrangements for 20/21.
This looks like a preemptive move to see if we can get a really good deal on the table and then show that there is no willingness from SD to cooperate or properly match.
If one of the giant brands comes in and offers a realistic deal then we are in a much stronger position to say that we are being f@cked over under the current arrangements.
We had argued unsuccessfully that manufacture was separate from distribution/retail but the judge debarred us from adopting that position going forward.
Therefore I don’t believe it is an accident that we are asking for expressions of interest on both manufacture and distribution.

Not really no.

The club has time and time again shown that they’re incapable of being tactically astute on a variety of subjects. This forum wanks itself into a frenzy thinking of the ulterior motives around things and how the club are “playing 3D chess” and looking at the bigger picture.

The simple truth is they’re not. Off the park we are a shambles. On the park we’re better than we were, but still not where we need to be.
Please give us your critique Richard Branson and your CV to back your statements with credentials

The court judgment prevented us from continuing the current arrangements for 20/21.
This looks like a preemptive move to see if we can get a really good deal on the table and then show that there is no willingness from SD to cooperate or properly match.
If one of the giant brands comes in and offers a realistic deal then we are in a much stronger position to say that we are being f@cked over under the current arrangements.
We had argued unsuccessfully that manufacture was separate from distribution/retail but the judge debarred us from adopting that position going forward.
Therefore I don’t believe it is an accident that we are asking for expressions of interest on both manufacture and distribution.

Do you know when this ruling was, is it a fairly recent thing.

Has their guy on Twitter said anything about this?

I remember last week he said something like ‘all will become clear very soon’.

Still makes me think there’s more to this and that we may end up with Elite, still.

How can you possibly think that given what is effectively an open offer placed on the Rangers website?
That is clearly the club saying ‘we have to have a new partner’.
The judge in the case told the club it could not just continue next season with what it had been doing In recent years.

Do you know when this ruling was, is it a fairly recent thing.
It was a while back and it was well covered on here.
I cannot remember the exact dates but the direction was clear and Rangers were told that the current arrangements could not be continued into 20/21 as a result of Fatso’s objections.

Back