Rangers Enter Market For Kit & Retail Partner

We're even advertising on Linkedin for a new retail partner - let's be very clear here, there is no "bluffing" or similar going on. We're reaching out to prospective partners via every channel available.

It all seems very desparate and unprofessional.
If that’s true then I am speechless .

As if the awareness isn’t out there already - is there going to be someone on linkin who can manufacture our kits who don’t know our situation ?

Seems utterly far fetched and ridiculous that we would need to go to such lengths

As if the awareness isn’t out there already - is there going to be someone on linkin who can manufacture our kits who don’t know our situation ?

Seems utterly far fetched and ridiculous that we would need to go to such lengths

HB, I think our views on the board's failings are pretty sympatico but even I think there must be more to this. For one thing it makes Bisgrove look like an utter fanny and will detract from, if not destroy, his CV.

Advertising is perhaps the wrong word. We have posted the article about seeking a new partner to our company LinkedIn page.

Which is basically the same thing.

HB, I think our views on the board's failings are pretty sympatico but even I think there must be more to this. For one thing it makes Bisgrove look like an utter fanny and will detract from, if not destroy, his CV.

Just hoping you’re right boss. Surely has to be as you say ...... but then I look at what’s gone before and think , nothing would surprise any of us .

Advertising is perhaps the wrong word. We have posted the article about seeking a new partner to our company LinkedIn page.

Which is basically the same thing.
No it's not, major international companies and tiny high street companies use it for all news. It's also a great networking tool for business', read by CEOs and people in power the world over. All it takes is 1 person linked to 1 person and suddenly we're a conversation in a boardroom

5 key take aways from this.

1. The elite/ Hummel deal is yet another clusterfuck by our board.
2. Our losses will be in the millions.
3. Lots of experts told us it would be minimal. They look fairly stupid now.
4. there is still zero clarity on what sports direct can influence going forward. Fans have yet again saw money line the pockets if our enemies.
5. Our reputation in merchandising is so toxic we are now hawking our wares in public. This is not how a brand like Rangers should have to attract partners.

in general an ongoing shitstorm.

and you know all this for a fact ?

Get Adidas in. They offer us a reasonable deal on shirts sold, which SDI will/can likely match. Then Adidas gets them on the worldwide distribution and then kills them on the marketing side when they offer up one of the celebrities that they sponsor, a certain Steven Gerrard, to promote our merchandise.

No it's not, major international companies and tiny high street companies use it for all news. It's also a great networking tool for business', read by CEOs and people in power the world over. All it takes is 1 person linked to 1 person and suddenly we're a conversation in a boardroom

Precisely. The story has been posted to generate interest in the business community. It’s not like a normal social networking site where it is to keep supporters informed. It’s to advertise the fact in said business community.

In other words; an advert.

Nearly 500 posts on something nobody has a fucking clue about. Mental :))
Very true :))

I’m guessing that as the club can’t carry the Hummel/Elite deal into next season we’re back to where we were just before Hummel/Elite deal kicked in.
We can go for a new deal but have to allow Fat Boy the chance to match.
Seems the most sensible thing to take from recent developments

Very true :))

I’m guessing that as the club can’t carry the Hummel/Elite deal into next season we’re back to where we were just before Hummel/Elite deal kicked in.
We can go for a new deal but have to allow Fat Boy the chance to match.
Seems the most sensible thing to take from recent developments
Unless someone offers silly money all that will happen is Ashley will match it and again round in circles we go, the only way he won't or can't match it is if the big two get involved,given also their retail and marketing would wipe the floor with fat chops, I really believe the club have took note of how Liverpool got rid of their shirt sponsors and the only way fat chops will be out the picture is if any of the big two get involved,lesser company's and we'll again just going round in a circle and Ashley will still be here.

Lad I know works within the marketing department at Nike and said he’s heard rumours that they’ll be signing a deal with us for next season, not sure how concrete the information is but it’s what he has heard.

Alright smartarse, show me the outcome of the grand master plan.

It’s been nothing but lurching from one disaster to another for the past 8 years.

The sooner that folk like yourself understand that our club are reactive and not proactive the better. Look at how they’ve handled the following:

- The media witch hunt against the club, it’s players and it’s fans.

- The retail side of the club

- The blatant cheating referees

- Safe standing

- The throwing of objects at our players

- Bill Leckie and the reject

- The whole effigies situation

Of those select few scenarios, how many can you say that the club covered themselves in glory in, or were proactive and punished those responsible?

I’d argue zero.

But hey, they’re happy to slaughter the fans for singing naughty songs and calling them out.
Right ok genius

- How the club can influence the dying tabloids infested with braindead tims I'm not entirely sure.

-The retail side of the club is in trouble but we started from behind the 8 ball when the spivs gave our rights away to Ashley. But don't count that in the way of a staunch critique.

-The referees are just shite in this league. Could they being doing something more public? Yeah, I'd say so but ultimately we need to be better so the refs can't change the outcomes.

- Safe standing is a difficult issue that affects large parts of the season ticket base. There are arguments for and against.

- What the %^*& are you on about. Shitey pundits talking shite. As part of the media strategy we need more friends but that's a long term thing. I would accept a change in approach rather than what Traynor has done for us.

-Effegies - I mean...the fiscal fucked it up. What are the club supposed to do about that?

But by all means send Dave King your CV, as King of the Staunch ones and take the fight to them.

My own view - are they perfect? Hell no.

Are they trying their best? Aye, I'd say so.

Have they put their money where their mouth is? Yes.

Unless someone offers silly money all that will happen is Ashley will match it and again round in circles we go, the only way he won't or can't match it is if the big two get involved,given also their retail and marketing would wipe the floor with fat chops, I really believe the club have took note of how Liverpool got rid of their shirt sponsors and the only way fat chops will be out the picture is if any of the big two get involved,lesser company's and we'll again just going round in a circle and Ashley will still be here.
He's not matched a deal yet.
Do it fairly, get a great deal with clauses, penalties, significant payment terms up front and the fat lady's front bottom won't be able to match. If he can, let him match it but my deal would have cancellation clauses should strip not sell 300k units at £50. We will get the Chunt fairly by finding a deal he just can't/ won't match.

Could we not just have a deal with a manufacturer where we get an upfront fee, that could even be smaller than we would pull in, say 1M and that’s it but there are massive financial penalties if we don’t sell X amount of strips.

The number of strips could be half the amount we sold this season or less so the manufacturer knows we’ll hit that target and they’re paying 1M for the contract (think we’re owed 2.5 from elite so 1M would be a bargain) but there’s a 10M penalty if they don’t hit the sales target.

ashley would know we wouldn’t buy from him so wouldn’t want to match those terms.

Hopefully this post will be allowed to stay on this thread -

When I posted about Elite on twitter & here, the stick was unreal. That comes with it but folk were rubbishing me & the blog on social media, ok saying who cares but it’s difficult at times when the phones non stop & it’s grief

I think anything that is said from now on should come from the club & be from them

No dubiety or anything

So for that reason I won’t say anything more

I hope folk appreciate that
Nobody was giving you grief or accusing you of making things up. There are a lot of posters that are interested in this matter for obvious reasons ans read the SD threads in good detail (including the court documents). At that point people were trying to establish if other posters etc had heard similar. No other known posters or copland road org etc came forward and said they had heard similar. The statement by the board was good enough evidence that all is not well with Elite. However most posters were trying to establish whether they should boycott Elite and other posters were wary of going full on boycott mode without the right amount of evidence or info.

Could we not just have a deal with a manufacturer where we get an upfront fee, that could even be smaller than we would pull in, say 1M and that’s it but there are massive financial penalties if we don’t sell X amount of strips.

The number of strips could be half the amount we sold this season or less so the manufacturer knows we’ll hit that target and they’re paying 1M for the contract (think we’re owed 2.5 from elite so 1M would be a bargain) but there’s a 10M penalty if they don’t hit the sales target.

ashley would know we wouldn’t buy from him so wouldn’t want to match those terms.
A £10m penalty and i would be telling people not to buy anything.

I've read every post on this and at least RupertDeBoer made me smile. No one knows much do they. But if another wank comes on to say I like Adidas/Nike/umbro I'm going to spew

Lad I know works within the marketing department at Nike and said he’s heard rumours that they’ll be signing a deal with us for next season, not sure how concrete the information is but it’s what he has heard.

If there's one thing I would absolutely adore from Nike then it's retrowear, although Adidas appear to have the upper-hand on that department. I'd be interested at what 'package' we would be receiving, noted by the likes of Chelsea & Tottenham having much more personalised shirts than Livingston for example.
To which case, I'm also eager to know where our potential shirt sales would put us in the rank throughout the UK, I'm confident with a healthy situation we could easily outsell most Premier League teams and the tims.

I’d like Under Armour or Kappa.

Adidas and Nike wouldn’t treat us like they do the corporate machines like Man Utd and Chelsea. They wouldnt touch us currently

Last edited:
Hopefully this post will be allowed to stay on this thread -

When I posted about Elite on twitter & here, the stick was unreal. That comes with it but folk were rubbishing me & the blog on social media, ok saying who cares but it’s difficult at times when the phones non stop & it’s grief

I think anything that is said from now on should come from the club & be from them

No dubiety or anything

So for that reason I won’t say anything more

I hope folk appreciate that

You are a total narcissist

are we still with Hummel next season??

if not its getting a bit late for a new kit to be designed and manufactured

edit: apparently not

by the look of it, if we CAN get a deal with someone new, it will be a template with a. RFC on it

Can we go back to Puma?
I thought the puma kits were horrific with shitey thin material and jackets that the printing peeled off I've still got one in a bag as I don't like throwing out anything with Rangers on it the bags full of the white print coming off, also reminds me of dealing with Sports Direct the bastards sent me one of their giant mugs to Australia for free that I paid the postage on that went in the bin, hopefully those days are gone for good, I think there was 1 black top by Puma that was ok. and that was it.

Nobody was giving you grief or accusing you of making things up. There are a lot of posters that are interested in this matter for obvious reasons ans read the SD threads in good detail (including the court documents). At that point people were trying to establish if other posters etc had heard similar. No other known posters or copland road org etc came forward and said they had heard similar. The statement by the board was good enough evidence that all is not well with Elite. However most posters were trying to establish whether they should boycott Elite and other posters were wary of going full on boycott mode without the right amount of evidence or info.
Spot on mate. I've read most of the stuff and the 4 lads stuff has been accurate. I think the BIG missing part of the jigsaw is whether this move is part of a plan or part of another potentially ruinous attempt to be rid of fat mike and his company. Frankly only a very few will know. For what it's worth I thought Hummel were spot on with their designs and seemed to want to be heavily involved with the club this constantly changing kit suppliers is 'wee team' mentality.

Spot on mate. I've read most of the stuff and the 4 lads stuff has been accurate. I think the BIG missing part of the jigsaw is whether this move is part of a plan or part of another potentially ruinous attempt to be rid of fat mike and his company. Frankly only a very few will know. For what it's worth I thought Hummel were spot on with their designs and seemed to want to be heavily involved with the club this constantly changing kit suppliers is 'wee team' mentality.

The problem is that none of the big players are all that interested in Scottish football, I doubt that Adidas will give the Tims a deal even close to there bigger clubs.. and Nike seem to be completely focussing on 'elite' clubs, and pulling out of markets to increase money for those deals, so I would be very surprised if Nike where even an option

Puma are doing something similar, trying to get larger clubs like AC Milan, Marseille and Man City, while giving other clubs less money

Umbro on the otherhand would be a good fit for us, but I have no idea if they are interested due to this shit with SD

The problem is that none of the big players are all that interested in Scottish football, I doubt that Adidas will give the Tims a deal even close to there bigger clubs.. and Nike seem to be completely focussing on 'elite' clubs, and pulling out of markets to increase money for those deals, so I would be very surprised if Nike where even an option

Puma are doing something similar, trying to get larger clubs like AC Milan, Marseille and Man City, while giving other clubs less money

Umbro on the otherhand would be a good fit for us, but I have no idea if they are interested due to this shit with SD
The $64000 question is who is interested and why would they be given the litigations against Elite and SD.

if not we won't have a kit for next season as we cant apparently wear Hummel next season

There will be a supplier.

The question is how good a deal will it have to be to encourage them to enter into it.

Bearing in mind sports direct will have the right to see the details, and match them if they want to.

What about making the kit 'in-house', and then the kit company pays to 'sponsor' the shirt, thus we wouldn't have an outside retail deal, just 2 shirt sponsors?

I'm sure the Diadora and the Umbro shirts that followed them were done like this. They only sponsored, didn't actually produce the kits.

There will be a supplier.

The question is how good a deal will it have to be to encourage them to enter into it.

Bearing in mind sports direct will have the right to see the details, and match them if they want to.

and if they match it but refuse to supply a kit? why would they if they cant sell any?

SD are out to %^*& us over

and if they match it but refuse to supply a kit? why would they if they cant sell any?

SD are out to %^*& us over

Sorry but I don't understand how they could "match it" and then refuse to supply the kit.

If they agreement was to supply the kit, or to deal with the retailing / merchandising, or both then they wouldn't be matching that deal if they refused to do it.

On your other point, sports direct are now getting money for old rope. If they get compensation for losses during the Elite / Hummel period then it will be money for nothing.

I hate Ashley and I hate Sports Direct.

That said, I'm not too fussed if they match the deal. Money is money.

Back