Rangers Euro Squad

McLaughlin is a funny one, unless he is injured and he is going to miss the first rounds- but Gerrard didn't mention that in the press conference.

McLaughlin is a funny one, unless he is injured and he is going to miss the first rounds- but Gerrard didn't mention that in the press conference.
I think its more that home grown player rule biting us so with the suspensions we don’t want to have to leave another outfield player out

If it were me, Jack isn't going to be fit for this round anyway so could he not be left out for McLaughlin?

If a keeper gets injured then we can replace him. There are rules in place which allow this.

Although if McCrorie gets injured then we wouldn't be able to replace him with McLaughlin as McCrorie is using one of the club trained slots.

Patterson is under 21 and has been with the club for three years before his 19th birthday so doesn't need included. Rule is something like that I'm sure.
Yeah. They've amended the wording of that this year so that players who have been away on loan in the same country can still be eligible. That should possibly make Middleton now available for the B List.

If it were me, Jack isn't going to be fit for this round anyway so could he not be left out for McLaughlin?
Jack is in due to the lack of scottish home grown players we have. McLaughlin, although scottish, spent all of his career down south before he joined us so isn't classed as home grown.

I'm assuming we need to name Roofe and Kamara for their suspensions to count as otherwise we could have added McLaughlin and Defoe
Which is why I couldn’t understand why Kudela’s ban counted during the Euro’s.

That’s for another thread though!.

I'm assuming we need to name Roofe and Kamara for their suspensions to count as otherwise we could have added McLaughlin and Defoe
Correct, that's what caught Legia out a few years ago after they pumped that mob but then got kicked out after fielding a player who wasn't in their squad for the previous round so effectively hadn't served his ban.

Also got to remember we have only a 23 List A squad named instead of 25 as we have issues in meeting UEFA squad criteria on home grown players IRC

Is that not too large? I don't think we would have been able to name 23 players as we don't have loads of homegrown players.

Assume nothing with eufa, kudela wasn’t named in the Czech squad and the euro games counted towards his suspension :mad:

Back