Rangers fan dies after ‘catching Covid-19 while travelling home for Leverkusen match’

A RANGERS fan tragically died from coronavirus amid fears he caught the killer bug while on a trip home for the Ibrox side’s clash against Bayern Leverkusen.

Dubai-based Ryan Storrie, 40, jetted back to Scotland to watch the Gers take on the German club in the Europa League last-16 first leg on March 12.

However, the dad-of-two, who is originally from Ardrossan, Ayrshire, became unwell and was never able to return to his home in the UAE city.

Ryan is understood to have passed away in a Scottish hospital on March 31 - just weeks after his 40th birthday.

Ryan was married to Hilary, and the couple have two young sons.

Ryan was a member of the Dubai Loyal Supporters Group.

Rest in peace mate
Condolences to his family. Rest in peace Ryan.

I posted about this on another thread yesterday. Ryan was a friend of mine. We came through high school together (Ardrossan Academy) and he was a genuinely great guy! I couldn't believe it when I heard the news yesterday. He was a massive Bear and everyone who knew him liked him.

One of our common friends (Celtic fan) said on Facebook yesterday that Ryan used to try every day to convert him to a Rangers fan and it was because of him that he knows every song in the Rangers songbook. :)

He will genuinely be missed. Another good Bear gone. I never met his wife but I'm devastated for her and their two boys, as well as his Mum and Brother. I believe his Dad died a few years ago, I could be wrong with that.

Rest easy, Ryan. You'll be missed.

The poor guy doing something we all love following the Rangers really got to feel it for his wife and kids life can really boot you in the sack sometimes.

Thank you all for the very kind words.
Ryan was a very dear friend of mine here in Dubai both of us being members of the Dubai Loyal.
He truly was a great guy who loved his family and loved the Rangers he will be sorely missed.
I will make sure that all of your messages are conveyed to his wife and family.
RIP Ryan

Heartbroken when I heard the news on Tuesday morning. Ryan was the life and soul, a massive blue nose and an even bigger family man. He will be sorely missed by all who knew him. Thoughts with the Storrie family. RIP mate, Simply the Best. X

RIP Ryan, heartbreaking someone so young losing their life to this. Must be devastating for his wife and kids.

Absolutely tragic news.

Deepest condolences to Ryan's family.

God that's terrible, what a horrible world we live in just now.

Thoughts to everyone who knew him.

Back