Rangers fan dies after ‘catching Covid-19 while travelling home for Leverkusen match’

Tragic,
RIP Ryan.

I really thought this game should have been called off at the time. Leverkusen was in a bit of a lockdown at the time and allowing around 1000 fans to travel here was madness.
I went to the game against my better judgement but I wonder how many actually became unwell due to this tie being played. Anyone coming into contact with the Germans would have had a higher chance but I suppose we will never know.

Dreadful news. RIP Ryan.
A poignant example of why football should be off the agenda for as long as it takes to ensure the virus has completely run it’s course.

RIP Ryan far too young and in circumstances that could have been avoided. Such a shame for his family.

Condolences to his family and all who knew him. A good Bear taken, tragically, long before his time.

I'm less than impressed with the reporting however. As has been pointed out, coronavirus was present in Dubai long before it appeared in Scotland - at least 4 weeks before in fact - so there is absolutely no evidence that I have read anywhere that supports the theory that he contracted the disease in Scotland. Indeed, he may have carried it to Scotland from Dubai. There's no 'story' in that though.

Again, my sympathies are with the lad's family and friends. 40 is no age at all. Horrific.

On the 28th Feb my nephew sent me a picture at an legends event in Dubai with him , Goram and 2 others
He sent the same picture on Tuesday telling me that the boy in the white t shirt (Ryan) had passed away .
Larger than life and good bluenose was how he described him.
RIP Ryan

Something crazy about that though.

50,000+were at that game. So far we’re told only 126 have died in Scotland. Why this seemingly healthy 40 year old guy?

Back