Rangers fan saves tourist's life in Seville

captcaveman

A Rangers fan came to rescue of a tourist on a sightseeing bus in Spain after he suddenly took ill.

Ian Johnson, a retired firefighter, sprung into action and performed CPR on the Dutch man when he collapsed on an open-top bus in Seville.

Ian was among the tens of thousands of Rangers fans in the city watching his team in the Europe League final.

He was enjoying a sightseeing tour with his pal Craig Moore when his previous training kicked in.

He performed CPR before an ambulance was called to take the fellow tourist to the hospital.

Ian told the BBC how it happened the day after the big football match and they feared the tourist was going to die.

Ian said: "It was quite scary I was actually feeling quite ill after it. I thought he was going to die with me."

He said he thought the man was in his late 60s or early 70s.

Ian added: "I got him off his seat - he had a camera and all that round about him - I removed all that from him and lay him out on the aisle of the bus.

in the meantime, his pal managed to get the bus stopped.

He added: "My biggest message to everybody is, if you can, learn CPR and help save a life."

Earlier this week, we reported how a Rangers fan travelling to Spain to watch his team in the Europa League Final suffered a heart attack and was saved by a doctor who was also travelling to the game.

"At this time he was unresponsive, so I lay him on the aisle of the bus and started CPR. He came round pretty quick."

The unnamed fan, 70, was flying to Seville for the crucial match against German side Eintracht Frankfurt when he was suddenly taken ill.

Luckily for him, also on the flight was a Rangers-supporting doctor who rushed to his aid and saved his life.

A club insider told the Daily Record: "The man was kept conscious and he is okay, he's still alive.

"Obviously, he's had a heart attack so it's very serious and was a big scare for him and his family.

I
uckily there was another fan on the flight who's a doctor. He rushed to help him and looked after him on the flight.

"It's the best outcome everyone could have hoped for in the circumstances.

"Hopefully he is well enough to still catch the game and gets the result we are all hoping for

Back