Rangers fans in fitness

Has anyone on here taken part in the Football fans in training at Ibrox?

Just looking for an idea what to expect when I start it next week & if there is anything I need to take along with me?
Does anyone know the answer to this question, what should we be taking with us on week one?

Does anyone know the answer to this question, what should we be taking with us on week one?

I phoned up last week and they lady said bring trainers and gym stuff although she did suggest that the first week there is unlikely to be any actual exercise done. Will be introductions , measurements etc

The first week is really just an induction, so you won’t need to bring any gym wear.

After the 12 weeks you can join the football team too, we have 11s and 8s and all abilities are welcome to play.

We play against other sides in the Scottish leagues who run similar courses, any other questions drop me a pm mate.

Saw this last year and it's great for the folk wanting to lose weight.

It can be intimidating going into a gym where everyone is decent shape and your a chubber or even a rake.

I hope the trainers give diet plans as that's where the hardest part is not the training itself.

Good luck.

Will be a bit different this time as the gym is away. Literally an access all areas of the changing rooms etc the last time I done it. Cannot whack it. Loved it

Is the post-FFIT Tuesday class still on? I've not been in ages but was keen to get back to it at some point

I did it last season, and lost 4 stone. Loved it. John and Wullie the two coaches are brilliant. The laugh with the other lads is good and keeps you all motivated.

Getting to train in and around Ibrox is brilliant, and you get a visit to Auchinhowie at the end of the session. You get weighed each week, and record your weekly step count too. Gets you motivated to go to the gym through the week or get out walking.

I was 21 stone last September the 1st, and now I'm down to just over 16. I couldnt run a mile without nearly dying.....and last weekend I did the 5 ferries cycle challenge and doing the Glasgow to Edin Pedal Scotland challenge this Sunday.

I wouldnt have managed this if I hadnt gotten the kick start last year from the Rangers Fans in Training. The info about foods they give you is a true eye opener.

I'd highly recommend this to any bears who are carrying a few extra pounds and really wants to lose some!

So I got an email today confirming that I have a place on this and that I start Friday 13th of September. That’s great really looking forward to it.

However I haven’t seen or been advised on how much the course costs? Does anyone know?

I did it last season, and lost 4 stone. Loved it. John and Wullie the two coaches are brilliant. The laugh with the other lads is good and keeps you all motivated.

Getting to train in and around Ibrox is brilliant, and you get a visit to Auchinhowie at the end of the session. You get weighed each week, and record your weekly step count too. Gets you motivated to go to the gym through the week or get out walking.

I was 21 stone last September the 1st, and now I'm down to just over 16. I couldnt run a mile without nearly dying.....and last weekend I did the 5 ferries cycle challenge and doing the Glasgow to Edin Pedal Scotland challenge this Sunday.

I wouldnt have managed this if I hadnt gotten the kick start last year from the Rangers Fans in Training. The info about foods they give you is a true eye opener.

I'd highly recommend this to any bears who are carrying a few extra pounds and really wants to lose some!

Well done mate, that's brilliant.

Its a great program i have done this and its hard going be prepared to run up every stairs in the lower tiers from every stand, you also get to use their gym in Ibrox its a great bunch of lads who takes the class

Were you on the course I was on and your old man came along too?

Its a great program i have done this and its hard going be prepared to run up every stairs in the lower tiers from every stand, you also get to use their gym in Ibrox its a great bunch of lads who takes the class

Don't know if gym still available as it was removed for players area under main stand.

Did it last season lost 21 lbs, half class is learning about diet etc, other half is fitness work. When you feel like chucking it just remember how great it is to walk out the tunnel every week just like the players.

I hadnt done any exercise for years bit you're allowed to work at your own pace.

Joycie is great but guarantee you will call him a few rude names over the weeks but the banter is good and keeps you going.

Go for it.

get used to running up and down the stairs at Ibrox...all of them!

you will also be running up the stairs to the club deck, and in the penultimate week you will do a 5k round the pitch

if you make it to the end you will go to the HTC for a game of football

good luck

How overweight do you need to be to do the course ?

I’d love to do something like this as I’m really unfit but only maybe a couple of stone overweight.

Would I need to get fatter to be able to join ? :p

I had no idea you’d be doing things in and around Ibrox. This sounds totally awesome yet daunting. Waking down the tunnel?? Oh man I just assumed it would be like a weight watchers class.

Don't know if gym still available as it was removed for players area under main stand.

Did it last season lost 21 lbs, half class is learning about diet etc, other half is fitness work. When you feel like chucking it just remember how great it is to walk out the tunnel every week just like the players.

I hadnt done any exercise for years bit you're allowed to work at your own pace.

Joycie is great but guarantee you will call him a few rude names over the weeks but the banter is good and keeps you going.

Go for it.
Yes mate its great i used the gym a few months ago not going to lie i wanted to be sick as didnt do any work in years but the guys keep you motivated i didnt like the stairs in all the stands tho lol

im playing against Rangers FFIT class this sunday at port glasgow (Park lea) i done the course years ago with Greenock morton but was nothing compared to Rangers

I’ve sent them an email. I struggle to keep motivated at the gym so hopefully as part of a group that could change

on your first week, after your induction, you will be led through the front door, past the managers office and walk out the tunnel

great touch from the FFIT team

Tempted to go for a few McDonald’s so I can take part and get to run out the tunnel with the home top on lol. Weight isn’t the issue for me but I’m very unfit and smoke a lot! It’s a pitty we don’t have a public (members) gym for ex in eddy house Id defo be more motivated to get fit and healthy if in my head I was going to Ibrox every 2/3 days.

I got confirmation for the Monday night, I'm starting to think what have I done I believe the first session is just getting weight and measurements taking and getting to know the other fans.

I got confirmation for the Monday night, I'm starting to think what have I done I believe the first session is just getting weight and measurements taking and getting to know the other fans.

you will get your measurements taken, waist size, starting weight, blood pressure etc

meet Joycey (who will rib you all)

then go round to the front door and into the stadium

you will train on the first night

wear appropriate gear and take a bottle of water

sorted

you will get your measurements taken, waist size, starting weight, blood pressure etc

meet Joycey (who will rib you all)

then go round to the front door and into the stadium

you will train on the first night

wear appropriate gear and take a bottle of water

sorted
Thanks mate, Joycey coached my boy years ago, I hope my boy was well behaved or Joycey will take it out on me.

I’m booked up and looking forward to it

For those going tonight, the meeting point has changed to the Ibrox press room, exit 19 at the front of the stadium next to main entrance, press the buzzer.

I wouldnt mind a crack at this, it looks like a good initiative. I'm over 35 and fit-ish, is this only open to the salad dodgers or can anyone go?

I wouldnt mind a crack at this, it looks like a good initiative. I'm over 35 and fit-ish, is this only open to the salad dodgers or can anyone go?

Both men and women are eligible to take part if they are age 35 - 65 and meet any of the following criteria -
  • BMI of 27+ (Calculate this by visiting http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/)
  • Belly 100cm+ (measure your waist and go around your belly)
  • Trouser waist size of 37 inches+
Please note that anyone who has previously been on a Fit Fans course will not be able to participate.
Contact
To register please email rangerscharity@rangers.co.uk or phone 0141 580 8775 with the following details below -
  • Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Contact Telephone
  • BMI / Belly / Trouser size

Problem with the seats is you only went one way, you ended up with a right thigh like a lump of lead.

Back