Rangers fans make up majority of Scotland fans

Really? No Rangers fan you know in all of the people you know like Scotland?

Either you are the staunchest person alive or you have no friends.
Yes really, not a single one. Maybe I choose my friends wisely. I know fans of other clubs who follow them but no bears!!

Too many Rangers-Haters in the Tartan Army and the general Scotland support.
Couple that with them also being Republican Nationalists and you get the reasons to doubt the 20% figure qouted on Clyde.
I personally dont know any Rangers supporters who also support Scotland and I'm thinking many on this forum have the same experience.
Why would any Rangers fan associate themselves wirh a bunch of mhanky Republican scum who despise the very idea of my British Nationality?
F*ck them all..

If you really don't know one Rangers supporter who wants the national team to win then you must live in a fucking village by yourself :)) I live in Glasgow and I would say the vast majority of Rangers supporters I know of course want Scotland to win while having no love for the SFA.

It's only really online do I see opinions like yours to be honest.
As I said no one I know gives a toss anymore, and i'm talking about guys who went all the time

Stats eh......

There’s more rangers fans exist in the country than there are Killie, St mirren, hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc so even if a tiny fraction of rangers fans signed up to the tartan army - it would dwarf the sign up of supporters of other teams (even if they were big numbers by their own standards)

A completely unsurprising stat imo

Finally someone gets it!

It just wouldn't be the international break if there wasn't a controversial thread about Scotland in The Bear Pit.

Sunday cannot arrive quickly enough.

Used to be nearer 40% around the turn of the millennium

And that was it having already decreased over the years prior to then as well

You’d imagine the Rangers support made up a majority of the Scotland support in the days of the old Hampden and before the SFA started running Scottish football like primary headmasters

Did you get those figures from anywhere or is it just a guess?

Don't know about any polls but in the past I would 100% agree as I was one of them ,had many a good night in foreign climates and got to know a lot off fans and most were one of us or supported teams like hearts , Motherwell , Kilmarnock and favoured us hugely against the Scum .
Then the rise of the SNP in the space of a world cup campaign it drastically changed and it wasn't mentally challengeds .The worst I found was suddenly a huge amount of anti rangers bile appeared mostly from Aberdeen , Dundee area it got to the stage I could not go to any games as I was close to getting lifted for arguing with other Scotland fans
On my RSC bus in the past most would go to Scotland games all we took was the club crest down and a Scotland one put in its place .
Now my RSC as far as I know only 2 go to Scotland games now a huge drop from probably at least 30 from the past

I remember going to Hampden to watch Scotland v Cyprus in 1969 with Colin Stein scoring 4 goals. Almost everybody in the Rangers end that day appeared to be a bluenose going with the comments. Changed days as now I find it hard to believe that many Rangers fans attend Scotland games.

I clearly remember bears wearing Rangers scarves to Scotland games.

Also remember chants of “we don’t need the *ape support” coming from the Rangers end at a Scotland game in the mid 70’s

We also used to take more than half the stadium at OF cup finals at Hampden as well.

We’ve always been the people. Still think SFA 11 are missing tens of thousands of bears these days because of their disgraceful pandering to tims.

It's often a different type of Rangers fan that goes to Scotland games from what I see.

Many of them will have a passing interest in Rangers, won't go to many Rangers games etc.

Fair play to the diehards who do both though. I have a grudging admiration to those who stick out the whole Scotland thing despite the hate directed towards us. There's something principled about not giving up your national team because of the fancies that dominate it's support.

It's just not me for me though I'm afraid.

I'll admit to it. I am a member ofthe Tartan Army and attend all games home and away where I can.
I attend most of the home games with family members who travel up from down South. I can fully understand those Rangers fans that don’t care though. I’m never that upset any more if Scotland lose, whilst it takes me a while to get over a Rangers loss!

I would like to think we are the vast, but silent majority within the Scotland support, somewhat mirroring the No voters in the Scottish Independence campaign. We are the biggest and most supported club in Scotland, always have been, always will be, so its understandable.

Is anyone here involved with the Union Jack Scotland Supporters Club? I'd be interested to hear how they are doing.

Don’t know how a Rangers supporters can stand and listen to the bastards boo our players. No way could I do that would be cracking up.

Don’t know how a Rangers supporters can stand and listen to the bastards boo our players. No way could I do that would be cracking up.
you get alot of old school Rangers, with allegiances to the national team....when they followed them it was the time to do so.

nowadays I generally look at any Rangers supporter actively supporting Scotland by following them to games as a crackpot not just because of politics alone but prices too play a part.

the national team scene for me is long gone

I'll admit to it. I am a member ofthe Tartan Army and attend all games home and away where I can.
Can I ask a serious question and I’m not being cheeky. How do you feel when the boo our players and they have done it many times. I just don’t get it.

Can I ask a serious question and I’m not being cheeky. How do you feel when the boo our players and they have done it many times. I just don’t get it.
I don't like it. I can assure you though there's been a few slaps over the years. You'll not be surprised at how often players get booed. Not just ours

I can't control those around me unfortunately. Most folk do see past club rivalries

I don't like it. I can assure you though there's been a few slaps over the years. You'll not be surprised at how often players get booed. Not just ours

I can't control those around me unfortunately. Most folk do see past club rivalries
crackpot :p

I am a Scotland fan and find it frustrating that people can't separate Rangers issues with the SFA and other teams supporters from the 11 Scot who represent our country against others.

Yes the TA are wankers but we've allowed them to grow that way. We should be stronger as a support to reject that and the bastardising of the Saltire with nat bullshit.

Gary McCallister famously.

Back