Rangers FC special delivery for tickets

I was charged £20 every time on 3 season ticket payments on the standing order from Rangers because new card details weren’t updated.

Boot in the stones!

I ticked collection on my form I just double checked. But if it says normal post on the email what's this meant to mean? They are sending out the ticket by post?

I ticked collection on my form I just double checked. But if it says normal post on the email what's this meant to mean? They are sending out the ticket by post?
They have changed it to normal post(as too many were collecting) you can email/phone and ask to uplift from ticket office.

Tried everything but looks like there's no way out of this special delivery scam unless I pick the tickets up at the ticket office, which is not possible.

Sent one last email telling them to keep their grubby hands off my 7 quid out of desperation more than anything.

It’s not a bloody scam. Royal Mail charge £7, but it guarantees that your ticket arrives on time, and doesn’t get lost in the post by some mentally challenged postman. You’d be jumping up and down if that happened I dare say, and no doubt be asking for a courier service.

I went over to the ticket office and changed mine to collection.

Was done with no problem.

Mine shows Special Delivery which I did not select when renewing season ticket. Called TC on Tuesday and was told to email changing to collection, which I did. Despite this the ticket price plus Special Delivery charge of £7 was debited from my account yesterday!

Have sent yet another email but not holding my breath.

As I said on the semi final ballot thread, my email stated special delivery. I emailed the TC on Monday evening to ask if I could pick up my ticket, have had no response as of yet and have been charged an extra £7.

I emailed them earlier asking to change from delivery to collection, just had a reply saying yes no problem. Thanks to the ticket office for quick reply

WATP

Mine arrived today via SD and I am grateful to both the ticket office and RM for providing the £7 service that I paid for.

As I said on the semi final ballot thread, my email stated special delivery. I emailed the TC on Monday evening to ask if I could pick up my ticket, have had no response as of yet and have been charged an extra £7.
Same here...twice I've emailed them

I emailed them today to change it to special delivery. £7 is a small price to pay to make sure it doesn’t disappear in the post, that would really piss me off.

Last edited:
Mine shows Special Delivery which I did not select when renewing season ticket. Called TC on Tuesday and was told to email changing to collection, which I did. Despite this the ticket price plus Special Delivery charge of £7 was debited from my account yesterday!

Have sent yet another email but not holding my breath.

Just had an email response from the TC. Amended to collection and they will refund the £7.

Fair play to the TC for resolving.

Finally got a response to my request to pick my ticket up rather than posting special delivery, told they will send it normal post instead. FFS.

Don't understand the suggestion they have stopped collections as too many were doing it. In fact I think it's a load of shite. I collected many times before on my lunch and I was in and out in 2 minutes.

Don't understand the suggestion they have stopped collections as too many were doing it. In fact I think it's a load of shite. I collected many times before on my lunch and I was in and out in 2 minutes.

They were happy to change mine to collection so don't understand that suggestion either.

Postie delivered my tickets yesterday as I was going out (normal post).
He said he had my Rangers tickets and started to moan about all the special delivery tickets and nobody being at home to sign for them.

It’s not a bloody scam. Royal Mail charge £7, but it guarantees that your ticket arrives on time, and doesn’t get lost in the post by some mentally challenged postman. You’d be jumping up and down if that happened I dare say, and no doubt be asking for a courier service.
Speaking
Speaking as a staunch postman, I made sure all tickets I had this week were delivered before 1pm, and I marked football tickets on any P739 cards I posted to make it easier for them to be located in the office if I had to return them. I’d hate it if I was responsible for a Bear not getting his tickets and always try to be as helpful as possible.

I selected collection on my season ticket renewal but just checked my cccs email for the semi and it says normal post....and I've no ticket yet!

Anyone else?

When I got my tickets on Wednesday morning never gave the option to record delivery just said POST. So I phoned up just to make sure they wer getting posted n not picking up cos I thought you always had to get recorded delivery for games at Hampden.
There was no charge for post just a £2 booking fee.

Last edited:
Did the normal post not come about last year after the sheep fannying about, meant the second ballot was too close to the game so they were sent out first class?

When I got my tickets on Wednesday morning never gave the option to record delivery just said POST. So I phoned up just to make sure they wer getting posted n not picking up cos I thought you always had to get recorded delivery for games at Hampden.
There was no charge for post just a £2 booking fee.

Anyone waiting but not received their's yet?

I will be raging if it's lost since I picked collection on my renewal.

I got mine Thursday mate and so did majority I know

That's what I'd heard off everyone else I know who is waiting.

Guess this provides the evidence the op was looking for of why they offer special delivery.

Frustrating as I've always been SD but changed this year to collection. Then they've sent it out anyway.

That's what I'd heard off everyone else I know who is waiting.

Guess this provides the evidence the op was looking for of why they offer special delivery.

Frustrating as I've always been SD but changed this year to collection. Then they've sent it out anyway.
Hopefully it’s batches mate be horrible for you if it was lost.

Anyone waiting but not received their's yet?

I will be raging if it's lost since I picked collection on my renewal.
Never got a ticket first ballot but got an email 2nd time so phoned up morning of release and bought 2 so I think it’ll Monday or Tuesday before I get mine as I said no option but standard post

Pathetic in 2019 if something like this happens hampden can’t replace it.

Came in this morning thankfully. Bizarre as literally everyone else I know got theirs on Thursday.

Will be changing back to SD now since they've ignored me changing to collection. Not running the risk of my ticket for the final against Hibs going missing!

Back