Rangers FC special delivery for tickets

Barker96

Anyone know how to opt out of this? Been told it's a bit of a scam and don't even remember signing up to it in the first place.

Anyone know how to opt out of this? Been told it's a bit of a scam and don't even remember signing up to it in the first place.

As stated email the ticket office and ask for collect

Rangers have no control over Hampden tickets as it is Hampden themselves that request it

Its always special delivery for hampden if ticket goes missing you do not get a new one

I used to collect but after spending over an hour in the queue to collect the last time I decided my time was worth more than £7 an hour and went for the special delivery. That's not factoring on the travel there and back or the petrol either.

I used to get special delivery.

Me and daughter at same address, any semi final or away tickets they sent separate envelopes so I ended up paying £14 each time.

Cancelled at start of this season I’ll just go with normal delivery thanks

Me and daughter at same address, any semi final or away tickets they sent separate envelopes so I ended up paying £14 each time.

I've never been special delivery before. Don't know why it suddenly is now... feels like a bit of a scam, but stuck with it for this season it seems.

I've never been special delivery before. Don't know why it suddenly is now... feels like a bit of a scam, but stuck with it for this season it seems.
I asked if they could at least send both tickets in the same envelope but apparently not possible :rolleyes:

Dunno why you keep saying it's a "scam" as if you're getting totally ripped off, go and send a special delivery letter at the post office and it'll be 7 quid ffs:D

If you don't want it maybe take a bit more notice when you're signing up next season.

Amend cccs online I think. How’s it a scam out of curiosity
It’s not a scam. It’s certainly badly managed and over priced. They send tickets out separately. It cost £14 for two tickets for each game. Cancelled it and pop in when I’m passing

It’s not a scam. It’s certainly badly managed and over priced. They send tickets out separately. It cost £14 for two tickets for each game. Cancelled it and pop in when I’m passing
Aye i don’t understand that tbh but it’s helpful for me staying in Falkirk

Same boat mate except there’s 3 of us !:(
Will be going normal post next season as we’re £21 on any away tickets , inc semis or finals and Euro away trips

It is over-priced, no doubt. That has absolutely nothing to do with Rangers though.

I went in and payed mine and my 2 sons season books up front and specifically told the person serving me in the ticket office I would collect all tickets and they still manage to mess it up.

Says normal post on my email so I am not expecting to be charged £7. No mention of this charge whatsoever.
Says this on mine,

If you have opted to collect your tickets, it is important to note that you bring along your Season Ticket Smartcard and the Smartcards of any friends and family whose tickets you may also be collecting; tickets will be issued strictly on production of the associated Smartcards only.

Def not. Although recorded delivery would be a lot cheaper. That and sending them in one envelope to each address

Recorded Delivery is cheaper but not trackable

1st class Recorded Delivery is £1.90 all you get is proof of delivery

Tried everything but looks like there's no way out of this special delivery scam unless I pick the tickets up at the ticket office, which is not possible.

Sent one last email telling them to keep their grubby hands off my 7 quid out of desperation more than anything.

Tried everything but looks like there's no way out of this special delivery scam unless I pick the tickets up at the ticket office, which is not possible.

Sent one last email telling them to keep their grubby hands off my 7 quid out of desperation more than anything.

Still going with the Scam line eh?

Grubby Hands?

Hopefully they send it non special delivery then it gets lost for you acting like a spoilt wee boy who’s spat the dummy out

Genuine question.

Have there been any documented cases of this happening?
Yes. It's the reason it moved to Special Delivery.

A few tickets went missing in the post for a big game at Hampden.

Hampden do not have barcode readers at Turnstiles so it's impossible for them to cancel a ticket and issue a new one.

Back