Rangers FC today delighted to announce the signing of John Souttar on a pre-contract agreement from Heart of Midlothian

mdingwall

Administrator
RANGERS Football Club are today delighted to announce the signing of John Souttar on a pre-contract agreement from Heart of Midlothian.

Central defender Souttar, 25, is a full Scotland international, and both started and scored in the Scots’ last match where they defeated Denmark at Hampden.

He began his career at Dundee United, and was their youngest ever player when he made his debut in a 2-2 draw with Aberdeen at Pittodrie, aged just 16 and 99 days. In all, he made 73 appearances for the Tangerines, before departing for Hearts in the 2016 January transfer window.

He has since gone on to make 148 appearances for the Tynecastle club, and has scored five goals. His superb form this season earned him a recall to the Scotland squad, and he won his fourth cap in the win over the Danes at the tail end of last year.

Rangers’ Sporting Director, Ross Wilson, commented: “We are really looking forward to John joining Rangers and continuing his development under Gio, our coaching and support staff.

“John is a full Scotland international and has so much potential ahead for the coming years. I have really enjoyed getting to know John across all of our conversations so far and I can see how excited he and his family are to be joining Rangers. We are equally excited to welcome John to Ibrox.”

FJFMlxCXwAAdNcF

Yams furious B-D

Heart of Midlothian Football Club notes Rangers Football Club’s announcement of John Souttar’s pre-contract signing.

The club reiterates that John is an important member of the first-team squad and will remain so until the end of the season unless a significant and satisfactory offer is made during the January transfer window.

No further comment will be made at this time.

I think he is a player and if he can stay injury free he will be a very good signing.

Welcome aboard John.

Yams furious B-D

Heart of Midlothian Football Club notes Rangers Football Club’s announcement of John Souttar’s pre-contract signing.

The club reiterates that John is an important member of the first-team squad and will remain so until the end of the season unless a significant and satisfactory offer is made during the January transfer window.

Suits us. Play him against the scum.

Notice it doesn't say when he'll be joining.

We took this public to force Hearts into lowering their demands to get him out now?

Delighted with this.

You’d imagine he wants to come now, Hearts want to keep him to secure group stage football next season and those financial rewards.

Awkward one for they two parties.

I reckon he’ll join at the end of the window.

Another good home grown player for our Euro squad.

Good signing. Hopefully we can keep him fit and give him time to settle in. Could be a tremendous player for us.

Happy days, great bit of business, will be interesting to see if we can get him here in January and how much of a fee hearts would look for to let him move early

Yams furious B-D

Just lovely

This has got last day of the window undisclosed fee written all over it

If he can stay fit he could be an excellent signing.

Now same with Doekhi please
I think it depends just how much of a stink the Hearts supporters kick up, if he is getting relentlessly booed during matches then his position is untenable.

But if it’s just the noisy minority and the majority of their support continues to back him then Hearts will probably feel keeping their best defender to secure 3rd given the European stakes for next season is worth more than say a couple of hundred grand right now.

Delighted with this.

You’d imagine he wants to come now, Hearts want to keep him to secure group stage football next season and those financial rewards.

Awkward one for they two parties.

I reckon he’ll join at the end of the window.

Another good home grown player for our Euro squad.

I think so, gives them time to find a replacement + he can get tore into the filth on Jan 26th, say his farewells to Hearts with a winning hat-trick :))

Great news, stays fit and he’s a real asset. Hopefully get him to Glasgow after the filth game.

Good stuff from the club.

Don’t think we need him this window so let him develop at hearts and hopefully injure a few Celtic players when the play

Back