Rangers FC YouTube channel views

Beer Belly Loyal

Just hit 50M, I roughly calculated before Steven Gerrard arrived the video view stats were sitting around the 4M mark.

When Rangers first opted to open their YouTube channel most clubs in the UK and across Europe had already done so years before them, why they waited until 2012 to join up is anyone's guess.

Celtic for example joined SIX years before in 2006, but even with their head start their video views fall way short of Rangers by over 11M with 38.8M hits on their content in all that time.

Pre Gerrard the Rangers channel had around 30K subscribers, today that figure stands at 113K and continues to grow at a rapid rate.

The benefits for football clubs having such a channel gives them important exposure and of course another source of revenue.
It grows the brand.
Quality of content is the key though, Rangers in recent years appear to be moving in the right direction and it isn't just on the playing field. When people get a lot of good content they stay longer and like to come back and visit more often, it drives more traffic, enticing others to share.

Visit here: https://www.youtube.com/user/RangersFCOfficial/featured

Just hit the subscribe button if you haven't already.

New videos are posted by the club every day, covering subjects such as first team training, manager/player interviews, press conferences and news on our development squad and much much more.

Our content has undoubtedly improved considerably

Steven Gerrard is box office popular though

We have season tickets for LA Galaxy out here, for comparison: of their top 10 youtube video's Gerrard is the focus of 3/10 of them from his time here, and those are from 3+ years ago

He has global recognition and reach

Long may it continue

I absolutely love the "Inside Ibrox" and "Away Days" features. I know only a small clip of these go on YouTube but surely even those have been enough to bring some subscribers to Rangers TV to watch the full length versions?

I find it fascinating to see how the match days go down from a player's perspective.

11 million ahead of the puddle drinkers. Weird how they have more Facebook and twitter than us. They're probably up to something to make themselves look better than us,when the views prove were number 1.

11 million ahead of the puddle drinkers. Weird how they have more Facebook and twitter than us. They're probably up to something to make themselves look better than us,when the views prove were number 1.

It’s been well established in a previous post that Celtic have been caught buying likes and followers on FB and Twitter.

Great figures, I watch every vid that's put out and have to say the quality of the content is top notch

The clubs content has been steadily improving over the last couple of years. I wouldn't have bothered with the YouTube channel in previous years but now find it a good source for press conferences, interviews, post match reaction etc. Looks like the club use it to try to push their subscription content which is the smart thing to do as well.

The improvement in the content of the channel over the has been great to see. I've always been subscribed but didn't really bother watching many of the videos, which isn't the case now.

Back