Rangers fined £10,000 by the SFA

There was a thread on Taylors gesture against Aberdeen, and it was very tongue in cheek (plenty posters took it seriously) but it did highlight one thing

Taylor and Morelos made the exact same gesture, in the exact same direction, in very similar circumstances (coming off the pitch).
Neither are scenarios that should have the country in uproar, so why did one but not the other?

Rhetorical, obviously.
Racism obviously

We really have no where to go on this. The SFA are judge and jury and UEFA do not take kindly to member clubs raising legal action against their own association.
In reality we are their bitches and they are proving it big style this season.

10k for a couple of gestures that are no more inflammatory than most things seen on the field, and magnitudes less inflamatory than the hanging of effigices in a showing of sectarian hatred...

Very harsh...

Then again, if that's the draconian position of the SFA - can you imagine the absolute hell-fire incriminations due to Celtic when their five-decade long cover-up and facilitation of child rape is finally brought to court....

Nah, me neither.

Should we now expect the club to release the statement that was promised weeks ago?

This has to be a line in the sand, if the club bend over & take this we may as well just accept that the game in Scotland is over & give up.

Also STV are reporting its £15k fine

I have been saying this for years also, yet I get told I am wrong for thinking our board see us as a cash cow and do t give 2 fucks about us.
It's not changed with these board members they are exactly the same with supporters as David Murray was and only come out fighting if it's one of them is questioned.

Surely we must be able to demonstrate discrimination/victimisation and take them to court, Beyond a joke now. Did the tims get fined for the hanging effigies?

Reactions: blu
I've been considering it for a while and the feeling isn't going away. When you think about the money and time you invest in it and what you get in return. It's soul destroying.

I can take poor teams on the park. That's football. But the constant shite being flung at us from every angle and the club just shrinking to it all the time is unbelievable. It goes against the football romantic notion but the fans can do next to nothing.

I'm tired of it all.

You're not alone. There's no joy in supporting Rangers today. Its non stop bias, double standards and lies in the media. Look at the outcry after we scored a last minute winner at Killie? Then there's the fallout from the win at the piggery. It was nearly 2 months ago but its still going on.

We really have no where to go on this. The SFA are judge and jury and UEFA do not take kindly to member clubs raising legal action against their own association.
In reality we are their bitches and they are proving it big style this season.

That's the spirit !!!! We will soon have them cowering away in the basements of Hampden in no time.

The SFA are trolling us on the eve of an important European tie which could boost the national standing of the Scottish game in the UEFA rankings. I reckon that says it all.

Should we now expect the club to release the statement that was promised weeks ago?

This has to be a line in the sand, if the club bend over & take this we may as well just accept that the game in Scotland is over & give up.

Also STV are reporting its £15k fine
£5k for the Hibs scirmish.

the fine is a token fine. But thats not the point. We need to take this further. Rangers need to stand up and be counted. DONT APPEAL the verdict, Just go straight to CAS.
You would have to want defend yourself to go there for a start the biggest thing going on just now is why the Club is doing nothing when we are being attacked on a daily basis we need to know why they are taking this stance.

Surely we must be able to demonstrate discrimination/victimisation and take them to court, Beyond a joke now. Did the tims get fined for the hanging effigies?

Did they ban the fans that did this? They know who they are even though the corrupt bigots in the legal system disposed of the evidence?

The club need to release a statement telling the SFA to ram the 10K fine right up their arse as we won’t be paying it.

A feckin joke of a fine.

No more of this shite, please grow a set of balls Rangers board.

RANGERS have lost their battle with the SFA over the controversial gestures made by Alfredo Morelos and Ryan Kent in the last Old Firm clash.

SunSport Online can reveal Gers have been hit with a £10,000 fine after an independent panel studied Morelos' 'throat' gesture and Kent's 'gun' goal celebration at Celtic Park in December.

Both Morelos and Kent escaped SFA bans in the wake of the derby.

SFA Compliance Officer Clare Whyte included the incidents in an overall club conduct charge.

Gers were fighting to clear their players' names at a Hampden hearing late on Tuesday night after the initial meeting had been adjourned last week.

They argued Kent didn't incite trouble and claimed Morelos was merely signalling it was game over after he'd been sent off in the match.

But after hours of lengthy legal discussions at the national stadium the panel ruled against the Ibrox club.

Gers also pointed to the racist abuse the Colombian was allegedly subjected to.

Gers could appeal the punishments imposed with the outcome of the hearing set to be officially announced later today.

They have previously slammed the SFA process with a stinging statement released when the charges were first brought.
And we can reveal they have been hit with a £10,000 fine for the two derby flashpoints.
The punishment also refers to the behaviour of coach Michael Beale who was involved in a touchline fracas during the game.

They stated: "Rangers are astounded by the notices of complaint issued by the SFA

"It is concerning that it seems the governing body is seeking to hold Rangers to a different and more stringent code of conduct than that applied to others, with unprecedented charges being levied against the club

Rangers fans can be assured that it is our firm intention to resist the charges in the most robust manner possible."
Fkn unbelievable this is what happens when you let ppl walk all over you its now time to participate in this war rangers

Im the same. I recently moved to England to get away from it all. Its bad for your mental health and physical wellbeing. I dont believe winning trophies will make a big difference. We'll still be shat upon by "everyone anyone".
Same way Souness was shat on. Punishments imposed on him never fit the crime as he was a threat to celtc and when he kept winning trophies they started to hound him out of the country.

That's a scandal. The same punishment must surely be issued to Celtic for the Taylor incident at the weekend now. Of course we all know it won't.

Is the $10k fine meant to be an attempt at ending this saga? Keeping the Tim’s happy because we were “punished “ while giving us a nominal fine and no suspensions for the players to try and get us to accept it without kicking up a fuss?

Appeal and fight the bastards. Either that or we need a change at the boardroom level. Enough is enough.

But for the good faith this board have for what they did, there would be people at the front door and the AGM would not be such an easy ride.

10k for a couple of gestures that are no more inflammatory than most things seen on the field, and magnitudes less inflamatory than the hanging of effigices in a showing of sectarian hatred...

Very harsh...

Then again, if that's the draconian position of the SFA - can you imagine the absolute hell-fire incriminations due to Celtic when their five-decade long cover-up and facilitation of child rape is finally brought to court....

Nah, me neither.

The SFA couldn't care about a player throwing objects into the crowd, never mind the same player stamping on an opponent.

Just had a look at the SFA website there.

10k for Parkhead. 7 plus 3 suspended until the end of the season.
5k for Easter Road. 3 plus 2 suspended until the end of the season.

Then I went back to all the punishments for the same crime for this season.

8 other clubs have been punished (from the SPFL).

6 of those 8 clubs ONLY got suspended fines.
Only QotS and Ayr had to pay £500 each.

4 games have had the 2 teams cited. In every one, apart from us and Hibs, the punishments have been exact the same to both clubs.

The maximum fine apportioned to any club has been £2500 (suspended) to Motherwell. Which is 1/2 Easter Road for us - and 1/4 of San Giro.

So, yes, we do get treated differently to every other team!

Scotland 2020- Racist and sectarian abuse, frequent physical and verbal assaults on players and staff by fans of diddy clubs and the mhedia , mobile hair transplants on the pitch throwing objects into the crowd, flying elbows and potential career ending challenges all fine and perfectly acceptable in scottish football. But don't whatever you do celebrate a goal or any kind of victory over the bheast club as it's completely out of order, highly offensive and warrants a fine . Don't even fart in their direction or all hell breaks loose. Really is sickening what this country has become.

Our players should make it known that they need to rest and prepare for Rangers games only. Our management should publicly endorse that decision. Our fans should let the SFA know we have no intention of giving them our cash.
Understand where you are coming from but not sure Barisic, Davis, Kamara etc would go along with that.

We only have ourselves to blame , this is what happens when the board only cares about defending themselves never the club
They have let us down

4 games have had the 2 teams cited. In every one, apart from us and Hibs, the punishments have been exact the same to both clubs.

The maximum fine apportioned to any club has been £2500 (suspended) to Motherwell. Which is 1/2 Easter Road for us - and 1/4 of San Giro.

We are effectively being handed a whopping fine by the SFA for destroying and humiliating the Peasants at the Piggery.

Good work mate. A quick c&p of this post is surely all the Club's lawyers need to get started.

You would think...

“Go nuclear”

Yeah good luck with that lads. Our boards idea of going nuclear is putting out an empty statement followed by absolutely nothing, no follow up, no action, no threats, nothing.

The support should pull out of all SPFL away games and make it absolutely clear why.

We won't though, what we'll do is carry on feeding them cash and moaning about it on forums. It is easy for me to say though, as I stopped going to away games when we got back into the SP(F)L. I miss away days, but totally refuse to fund those that hate us.

The support should pull out of all SPFL away games and make it absolutely clear why.

We won't though, what we'll do is carry on feeding them cash and moaning about it on forums. It is easy for me to say though, as I stopped going to away games when we got back into the SP(F)L. I miss away days, but totally refuse to fund those that hate us.
Same here, vowed never to set foot in their poxy grounds again. Never will. More need to do that IMO

Back