Rangers Flags in the Home End

Ours got snatched by a wee fucker, who out sprinted me then got ambushed by Muslim Rapid fans.
Lucky there was a few Bears nearby to bail us out or we would’ve been done in

Flags stealing means that you have beaten the enemy or destroyed the enemy. Remember watching something about russian hooligans and that's why they do it. Also can be girfuy to us. Hopefully the UB start returning the favour in europe next season lol.

All a bit childish and immature the stealing of flags from opposition fans and then displaying them like trophies.
Maybe if they fought for them it is sort of understandable, but running up and grabbing it then running away is a bit naff and nothing to be proud of really.
Modern football:rolleyes:

Flags stealing means that you have beaten the enemy or destroyed the enemy. Remember watching something about russian hooligans and that's why they do it. Also can be girfuy to us. Hopefully the UB start returning the favour in europe next season lol.

You are kidding FFS

Destroying the enemy that there is everything that’s wrong with modern fitba and the poofy ultra scene.

So 12 k bears took over there city centre not a peep from them except knocking someone’s flag that was over a fence and running like %^*&.

Sad

You are kidding FFS

Destroying the enemy that there is everything that’s wrong with modern fitba and the poofy ultra scene.

So 12 k bears took over there city centre not a peep from them except knocking someone’s flag that was over a fence and running like %^*&.

Sad
There was a peep from them. Mentioned already in this thread.

I hate seeing it, its easy pickings for these foreign mobs when folk leave flags hanging up unattended whilst they get blitzed.

Thankfully it was never a 'thing' during my years on the Euro path. Nothing better than landing somewhere, seeing a flag or two in an area and then congregating around and bumping into pals. You put your colours out to identify yourself and could meet up with guys you knew.

This culture of opposition fans trying to get one up by robbing each other justs leads to clubs and groups of pals not risking having banners they have paid good money for disappearing and ultimately less being taken around to games, sadly

It was an organised gathering of flags, they only put them on display for one song, this ultra thing is shite.

Anyone with flags will have to be cautious in future trips, don’t leave them on show unattended whilst getting pished is the biggest thing to learn. Also don’t be walking around quiet areas of the city in small groups whilst pished.

Last edited:
Met a Rapid fan in the corporate who's brother is one of the Ultras with the megaphones. He said they'd had them made and ordered online as a wind up. Managed to copy them from other games.

Is this really true ? In my opinion this was an organised show from the Rapid ultras with the flags being bought.
The flags were definately stolen from our fans. Spoke to a few bears on the train back to the city who had theirs taken.

Our flag was stolen over there, I wasn't there but we got a message to our group chat saying it had been nicked, it was then spotted in their end on TV. I missed it myself though.

Met a Rapid fan in the corporate who's brother is one of the Ultras with the megaphones. He said they'd had them made and ordered online as a wind up. Managed to copy them from other games.
Absolute shite! I was with a couple of boys who had them stolen

Your living in a different world mate if you believe that. It’s embarassing but the quicker people start protecting their flags the better.

Supporters clubs who take their flags over to Europe need to hire a couple banner guards to look after them

Not unknown for Bears to join the home fans either...

ornln8.jpg

That guy was brilliant :D

A guy I was with had his bumped by 3 Austrians at the train station. Wasn’t too bothered as it was just a UF that he had bought outside Ibrox.

His theory was that the wee Austrians were just wanting some revenge for his Grandad shooting theirs.

You are kidding FFS

Sad
In some countries during the derby they hang out the flags and scarfs and that shows the enemy how many of them were beating up to take them off them and then they burn them in front on them for everyone to see.

Pretty poor people having a go at our fans for having their flags stolen. I know for a fact in one case these pricks ambushed some our boys wearing ski masks.

I met a boy at the airport, told me there were 4 bears and they were attacked by 20 rapid fans wearing ski masks. The four lads ran, and thankfully they didn't follow but not before a few sore ones were handed out to the lads.

Bears in Europe getting mugged and/or beat up in Europe for their flags by gangs of Euro Neds and some of our “so called” own fans on here giving them grief for being on the receiving end......
words fail me on the mentality of some morons on here.....gone are the days when we ALL cared for our fellow Rangers fans on these trips.

In some countries during the derby they hang out the flags and scarfs and that shows the enemy how many of them were beating up to take them off them and then they burn them in front on them for everyone to see.
I think if you manage to nick another Ultra groups flag and hang it upside down then they are meant to disband because of the shame.

I’m taking a punt here but it’s likely come from the idea in older warfare where regimental colours were flown in battle and it was considered an achievement if you managed to capture it or the opposition’s canons.

For example the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards cap badge is a French Imperial Eagle which was captured at Waterloo.

Know how it works mate it’s bent as %^*&.
As someone said earlier maybe if they actually fought for the flag instead of mugging loan guys or nicking it off a fence and running there would be something in it.

Don’t think it’s fair some of the stick the bears are getting on here. Sure they didn’t just offer them up for no reason or without fear.

We had a brand new flag out with us that I was carrying for around for a bit. If a bunch of rapid fans approached me and I was completely outnumbered I’d be happy to give them it and I could move on and enjoy the rest of my night without hopefully being all battered and bruised.

At the end of the day it’s just a flag.

From my own experience I thought the rapid fans and city in general were extremely welcoming and friendly. Came across one wee bellend who approached us in the pub giving it the IRA chat but he was swiftly dealt with.

Unacceptable guys, I know shit happens sometimes but that’s f@cking embarrassing! If you aren’t prepared to look after your colours properly then don’t take them to away games. This shit never happened 20 years ago and I shouldn’t be happening now. Get it sorted FFS!

Back