Rangers flop Carlos Pena walks out on Polish side GKS Tychy and has refused to return

Can't imagine having talent (like he once had no doubt) and throwing it all away, Christ knows football careers are lightning short enough without treating it, and your employers like utter cunches. I wish him nothing but the worst.

He wasn't scouted. We didn't have any scouts in place at that point.

The board put their faith in Caixinha's judgment and it backfired spectacularly.

I get you have to back your man, but doing so when they always intended to hire a DoF was gross negligence.

Was absolute insanity by the Board. Pedro was as random as they came; from Mexico via Qatar. We even paid compensation for him. Give him the biggest budget in recent history, but no scouts or a DoF.

He obviously tries to sign guys he knows, but those guys hadn’t had form for 18 months and were loaned out in their homeland. And the Board went with it.

Madness.

Apart from being an alcoholic I thought he was absolutely shite. One game he played for us he struggled to place a 5 yard pass. I know his assists and goals stats were actually pretty good but if you can’t play a 5 yard pass what chance do you have?

Pedro should be shot at dawn for this.
The people that gave pedro the job and carte blanche to sign pedro and others should be shot at dawn.

Man alive we have wasted some amount of money over the years on players but this one for me is right at the very top of the list and maybe even 1st

Utter waster of a player

At least we saw Pena playing and, to be honest imo, despite all of his problems he was a reasonably good player. We never actually saw Daniel Prodan play for us and Murray spent millions on him.

“Aye but his minutes to goals ratio and mins to chances created ratio”

“To clever for his team-mates”

“Rolls Royce of a player”

“There’s a player in there”

.......aye - maybe if he played in a Sunday morning pub team! Even at that, I’m not so sure that any of the above could be attributed as correct!!!

Lets not get hysterical in retrospect here....

The guy WAS a good player...you don't play for a country with a population of 130m people who have been in FIFA's top 20 rankings for the last 20 years if you don't have something.

Someone on here still has Peña as their avatar

giphy.gif

Can't imagine having talent (like he once had no doubt) and throwing it all away, Christ knows football careers are lightning short enough without treating it, and your employers like utter cunches. I wish him nothing but the worst.

The guy has problems with alcoholism, as someone who has it running in their family I certainly wouldn’t wish him the worst.

One thing’s for sure though. No one did their homework on the guy before he was signed and that cost us big time. Still at least we got a couple of games and goals out of him, the polish mob got fùck all but him hanging around before riding off into the sunset.

The guy has problems with alcoholism, as someone who has it running in their family I certainly wouldn’t wish him the worst.

One thing’s for sure though. No one did their homework on the guy before he was signed and that cost us big time. Still at least we got a couple of games and goals out of him, the polish mob got fùck all but him hanging around before riding off into the sunset.
Ok it was a little insensitive of me, my dad was an alcoholic so understand the issue close at home.

I still think he’s a prick though.

Prodan has sadly passed away at a tragically young age , just in case anyone unknowingly starts jumping in on him . Very sad , and his injury was not self inflicted .

Very sad indeed. The other difference is that Prodan was a top, top player and injury free would have proven to be an absolute star for Rangers.

Pena on the other hand......

Its hard to understand because he has the chance of living the dream that most wee boys have when they're young. But if he's an addict then addicts dont think the same as others. I haven't figured out yet if he is an addict or just a lazy, self indulgent waster.

Lets not get hysterical in retrospect here....

The guy WAS a good player...you don't play for a country with a population of 130m people who have been in FIFA's top 20 rankings for the last 20 years if you don't have something.

Yip..... he was absolutely top drawer!

Gutted to see him leave....

We all hoped he'd do us a turn mate. We all hope every player will! That's different from blinding yourself and talking shite despite what you are seeing in front of your very eyes because he played for Mexico years ago. There was folk hassling a poster and accusing him of all sorts because he saw Carlos out smashing Stella shortly before a game. Delusion.

Stop being a d*ck.

He’s no a rangers player any more. Some people backed him, blindly. They made a mistake - get over it.

I'd love to know who scouted him, who agreed the fee for him and who agreed to the entire deal.
One of the worst signings we have ever made.
It appears his personal problems were well documented and we still spent a considerable amount on him. Maybe a gamble on a flawed individual which backfired.

Let’s compare the media’s reporting of “Rangers waster Carlos Pena” with “brave Leigh Griffiths” as both attempt to deal with things in their personal life

An excellent point but you must have missed that Thumb has depression, he may have driven himself into a black hole of cocaine/alcohol/gambling, and abandoned all his responsibilities as a grown man and professional footballer, as well as not turned up for work, but he has depression so he cannot be held accountable for any of his actions and is in fact brave. Particularly braver than all the other pro footballer's or professional anything's that do their jobs instead of f*ck about on the lash.

Of course Pena is nothing more than a drunk mexican villain.

Was absolute insanity by the Board. Pedro was as random as they came; from Mexico via Qatar. We even paid compensation for him. Give him the biggest budget in recent history, but no scouts or a DoF.

He obviously tries to sign guys he knows, but those guys hadn’t had form for 18 months and were loaned out in their homeland. And the Board went with it.

Madness.

Is the perfect summary.

Man alive we have wasted some amount of money over the years on players but this one for me is right at the very top of the list and maybe even 1st

Utter waster of a player

Considering where we were when this 2.6mil signing was sanctioned, I would say this is number 1.

You have to love FF. Yesterday we were all hugging homosexuals and being all inclusive and modern, now it seems we are stoning a guy to death for being an alcoholic and having clear problems.

Madness.

And as I've said before, we would do well to remember that the majority of that board are still in situ.

Things are looking much healthier but we still drop the occasional clanger.

Taken together, and after everything that happened before (going way back to Murray), we - as a support - can never again afford to be complacent as to the guardians of our club. There's nothing wrong with some healthy cynicism at times.

Back