Rangers & Frankfurt- the future

It doesn't need to be made into anything more in my opinion. There's a respect between both clubs and it doesn't need to be anything more. Hamburg are our brothers and that's all we need.

Give me a beer and a conversation about football with a Frankfurt fan any day over your average Scottish football fan.

Nothing wrong with building fan and club relations. It’s how the world has always worked and it that’s not your thing then so be it.

You’ll struggle to meet a Rangers fan who didn’t enjoy their company out in Seville. Respect, humility and good humoured, they were there to enjoy it like all of us were. That’s a rare thing in football these days. They were a great bunch.

Now I know we as a fanbase aren't ones to seek "speshal relationships" however; in view of the fact that both clubs seem to have a healthy respect for each other and our respective support if there's an opportunity to capitalise on this in terms of player trading, friendlies etc? The advert they took out in the Scottish press post UEL final was class and something we'd like to think Rangers would have done had the boot been on the other foot.
Would any such tie in have a negative effect on the Hamburg relationship?
Thoughts?
We don’t need to loved by everyone,

That’s amazing mate. Only 1 win from 5 shows how tough it is.

I often feel we don’t make enough of 1972. I’d love a Grieg statue holding the cup somewhere in the surrounds of the stadium.
Yeah Barcelona was brilliant 2 nights in Calela back on Thursday night missed the cup being paraded. Four days off work no pay in that time no flexi holidays.

Yeah Barcelona was brilliant 2 nights in Calela back on Thursday night missed the cup being paraded. Four days off work no pay in that time no flexi holidays.
Superb. You’ll know more than most that we need to keep our heads up, maybe cherish 1972 even more, and drive forward. We are a historic European club and we are back.

You never know the minute mate. Don’t bank on it is all I’ll say to you. You are approaching the back 9 already and believe me it goes in a lot quicker down the stretch.

Cheery haha. Nah with the introduction of this 3rd tournament I think we'll see us in another final within 5 years.

Cheery haha. Nah with the introduction of this 3rd tournament I think we'll see us in another final within 5 years.
We won’t be in the third tournament mate. After 2024 there’s no drop down. You go into a tournament you go out no parachutes any more.

Unless we have a disaster in the league and finish 3rd of course which won’t happen.

We won’t be in the third tournament mate. After 2024 there’s no drop down. You go into a tournament you go out no parachutes any more.

Unless we have a disaster in the league and finish 3rd of course which won’t happen.

Now that's something I can agree with. No CL team should be winning the EL or EL drop down winning the Con L.

Europa League win it is then.

Still can drop down during qualifiers

Superb. You’ll know more than most that we need to keep our heads up, maybe cherish 1972 even more, and drive forward. We are a historic European club and we are back.
Our team just now seem to handle the two leg game well and hope this continues into next season starting with the champion league qualifiers.

It’s nice we seem to have a mutual respect for each other as competitors should, but let’s leave it at that shall we

Otherwise we’d be just as well writing a play/musical or naming some obscure lounge at Ibrox after the final

Now I know we as a fanbase aren't ones to seek "speshal relationships" however; in view of the fact that both clubs seem to have a healthy respect for each other and our respective support if there's an opportunity to capitalise on this in terms of player trading, friendlies etc? The advert they took out in the Scottish press post UEL final was class and something we'd like to think Rangers would have done had the boot been on the other foot.
Would any such tie in have a negative effect on the Hamburg relationship?
Thoughts?
no chance

It would be unbelievable if we could get to another Euro final. Being in Seville last week with my 2 sons and two mates was the stuff of dreams.
I’m greedy and I want more….
Hopefully another final met so many good Rangers fans and some Frankfurt fans
Same I had my twin sons with me and booked sports options
Amazing trip

I ended up down an alleyway pub with about 200 of them and they showed nothing but respect for the club and how many fans travelled etc , then even asked to exchange tops , i have nothing but respect for there fans

I am sure, if and when they come to Ibrox, there may be a welcoming Committee, similar to the one they called me to give us in seville

Im on holiday in Turkey, one of there fans came up to me today as i was wearing Rangers shirt and was very complimentary about our support. Also said the police tried to take the stuff for tifo from ultras before the game but the ultras went mental and police were feart they would riot so let them in. Also said the water situation was terrible at there end of stadium.

I enjoyed speaking away to them in Seville, proper football fans of a proper football team and very respectful and dignified in their celebrations afterwards.

The result was gutting but their support helped make it a really great few days over there, would be quite happy to arrange a friendly with them in a few years time once the wounds have healed. You know it would be a great atmosphere at the game as well as before and after.

Rather play a team like them than some "glamour friendly" against an EPL side who don't really give a shite about it.

I have grew a massive respect for them after the final. Their fans made it a magnificent spectacle. If anyone was at entrance A when we were all getting kettled in together the atmosphere was brilliant with both fans singing eachother version to our 'gio' song. They are real beer drinking football fans like ourselves and wish them all the best.

Hate all these special relationships. Hate this link we seem to have with linfield Chelsea Hamburg etc.

Fair enough if people wanna support clubs from different leagues that’s up to them, but I have no affiliation at all with linfield, Hamburg Chelsea or anyone else. Rangers only for me
Staunch as F@ck.

With all due respect.

Bugger off. :D

Decent club, decent fans. Thanks and we will see them next time we play them.

Decent enough bunch, but Germans generally are.

We're very gracious at airport when we were leaving.

Love in, nah, not for me

Eh, no thanks. It's like having a one night stand with someone you wouldn't go near without beer goggles on, then having to see them every day.

We should absolutely be furthering connections with Frankfurt, Dortmund, Braga, Leipzig etc and using it to our commercial advantage.

I'm sure it would be much more beneficial to play friendlies against the aforementioned than against the filth.

Sat with a few Germans on the Thursday and they were dead on. Will probably keep in touch with them but don't need anything official. I'm the same every Euro trip, show no respect until the game is over then morph back into a normal being at the final whistle.
You and post 20 have it spot on,i had a soft spot for frankfurt,as an 8 year old watched them destroy us in the semi finals in 1960,was lucky enough to attend the final v Real Madrid,also watched us v Frankfurt at the opening of the New hampden floodlights,think we won 3-2,akso worked in Frankfurt for a month as a musician in 1972,middle of the red light area,GI'S and hookers(i had a hard spot then)losing the final was disappointing,but the stories between the fans,are good and probably a lot of individual friendships will be formed, but rather have been beat by,Frankfurt than slavia or sparta prague cant see any bonds their,in the end its up to the individual!WATP btw turned 70 in February 62 years watching the Famous!

Back