Rangers Gibraltar

azibi

Does anyone know where I can watch Rangers games in Gibraltar as I have no internet for the next two weeks.

The Area Sports Cafe next to O'Rileys in Ocean Village show any game you ask for. They have a million TVs and will put anything you want on.

Odd, great wee place Gibraltar.

Walked right up the rock last time over and down the Mediterranean steps on the other side, the views are unreal.

My wife's aunt owns the Venture Inn.

Definitely one of us, but her pub looks Irish from the outside. Then you go in and see the pictures of Ibrox on the back wall.
I was in that pub 4 years ago on a day trip from Torremolinos.

Last edited:
My wife's aunt owns the Venture Inn.

Definitely one of us, but her pub looks Irish from the outside. Then you go in and see the pictures of Ibrox on the back wall.
I witnessed 4 poets walk in there and then walk straight backout saying that they thought this was an Irish bar.

Bigots from the cradle to the grave.

2017 or so. Since I moved from La Linea, I very rarely go out in Gibraltar now although I will make a point of popping in this Friday for a quick one.
Looking at renting something for a couple of months from October this year. La Linea is inexpensive, but seems to be the entry point for criminals. Is it safe or are we better looking towards say La Duquesa? Quite fancied being close to drop into Gibraltar on occasion.

Looking at renting something for a couple of months from October this year. La Linea is inexpensive, but seems to be the entry point for criminals. Is it safe or are we better looking towards say La Duquesa? Quite fancied being close to drop into Gibraltar on occasion.
La Linea gets a bad rep but it is the same as every place, there are dodgy areas and there are good areas. For example, some smugglers were killed at sea yesterday and the people of Atunara, the area near the beach, and home to a lot of the smugglers, went nuts and started blocking the main roads with burning bins and broken paving slabs, etc. However, that is the first issue I have seen there and I have driven through it every weekday for the last 4 and a half years.

The main area in La Linea is great for food and pubs, however, we lived in Santa Margarita and hated it, far too remote and boring with only one pub for the entire area.

We live very close to Duquesa, Casares Costa, and I have a love/hate relationship with it. It is pretty much Expat central and for that reason I don't really venture down there anymore, preferring to go out in San Luis de Sabinillas which still has a Spanish flavour to it.

It really depends what you want to do when you are over here and how native you want to be. If you are just coming to relax, I would suggest that you look at Estepona. It is a lovely town and is still very Spanish.

If you need anymore information, let me know.

La Linea gets a bad rep but it is the same as every place, there are dodgy areas and there are good areas. For example, some smugglers were killed at sea yesterday and the people of Atunara, the area near the beach, and home to a lot of the smugglers, went nuts and started blocking the main roads with burning bins and broken paving slabs, etc. However, that is the first issue I have seen there and I have driven through it every weekday for the last 4 and a half years.

The main area in La Linea is great for food and pubs, however, we lived in Santa Margarita and hated it, far too remote and boring with only one pub for the entire area.

We live very close to Duquesa, Casares Costa, and I have a love/hate relationship with it. It is pretty much Expat central and for that reason I don't really venture down there anymore, preferring to go out in San Luis de Sabinillas which still has a Spanish flavour to it.

It really depends what you want to do when you are over here and how native you want to be. If you are just coming to relax, I would suggest that you look at Estepona. It is a lovely town and is still very Spanish.

Thanks mate, that is a really informative reply. Dont think I fancy the burning bins of La Linea mind you, so will look along the coast a bit LOL.

o_O Great timing for that question.

Were they killed by the authorities or other smugglers or was it an accident?

You are right next door to me, i am up the hill from Sabinillas and enjoy going between the port and Sabinillas, i get what you mean about the port being full of Expats but i quite like that from time to time.

I lived in La Linea 2006-2007, just round corner from the Aqa Bar (if that is still there) in Almirante Apartment block. Didn't mind La Linea me, was rough and ready but had a good laugh there, plenty of Bars and the Steak Tapas at La Pampa and Patagonia was brilliant - was also some attacks mind back then when people crossed the Border back in to Spain from Gib, usually from folk living in Panorama block. Will go back for a few days after all of this, been thinking about it actually last few months. Get the impression Gib has changed a fair bit since I last worked there as well (2011).

o_O Great timing for that question.

Were they killed by the authorities or other smugglers or was it an accident?
As far as I understand it, they died at sea but the authorities did not allow anyone to enter the water to recover the bodies.

Could be Chinese whispers but they certainly were not happy with the cops.

You are right next door to me, i am up the hill from Sabinillas and enjoy going between the port and Sabinillas, i get what you mean about the port being full of Expats but i quite like that from time to time.
I'm tucked in just beyond the lidl in Sabinillas. Small world!!

I do go to Duquesa but its normally for a few pints in the Rose & Thistle on a Saturday afternoon with my son for a couple of games of pool, if he has done his homework.

I lived in La Linea 2006-2007, just round corner from the Aqa Bar (if that is still there) in Almirante Apartment block. Didn't mind La Linea me, was rough and ready but had a good laugh there, plenty of Bars and the Steak Tapas at La Pampa and Patagonia was brilliant - was also some attacks mind back then when people crossed the Border back in to Spain from Gib, usually from folk living in Panorama block. Will go back for a few days after all of this, been thinking about it actually last few months. Get the impression Gib has changed a fair bit since I last worked there as well (2011).
La pampa appears to have closed down, sadly. We would drive in from up the coast for a meal in there, best I've ever had. Need to try Patagonia in La Linea, the Gib one in Irish Town is fantastic so I expect the same.

La pampa appears to have closed down, sadly. We would drive in from up the coast for a meal in there, best I've ever had. Need to try Patagonia in La Linea, the Gib one in Irish Town is fantastic so I expect the same.

Surprised to hear there is one in Gib! I did hear the Tapas bar closed but the Restaurant is still open in La Linea but it will be a few years since I heard that. I loved La Pampa and Patagonia for Tapas.

Surprised to hear there is one in Gib! I did hear the Tapas bar closed but the Restaurant is still open in La Linea but it will be a few years since I heard that. I loved La Pampa and Patagonia for Tapas.

Yeah, there was a la pampa in Chatham Counterguard in Gib for a while but I think it closed during last year. The la pampa at the plaza appears to have gone, we went down for my son's birthday last August on a Saturday night and it was closed, not a good sign.

Whenever I drive past, I try to have a look over and it is always closed up. I think they have another in Algeciras so they may still be trading out of there and waiting to reopen the La Linea one. I hope so as I love their Entrana and the potatoes...

I lived in Duquesa and worked in Gib for a few years 2015-2018, it was decent enough with the port and close to Gib.

I agree with Estepona, could sit out in Casa Del Ray for hours eating and drinking. Going to look to get a holiday home there eventually but was just a bit too far from Gib to commute up and down all the time.

One of our favorite restaurants was close to Casares Costa, just off the motorway, calle La Choza.

We were Duquesa Village unbinisation, nice views but a lady's front bottom of a walk back up.

I lived in Duquesa and worked in Gib for a few years 2015-2018, it was decent enough with the port and close to Gib.

I agree with Estepona, could sit out in Casa Del Ray for hours eating and drinking. Going to look to get a holiday home there eventually but was just a bit too far from Gib to commute up and down all the time.

One of our favorite restaurants was close to Casares Costa, just off the motorway, calle La Choza.
I live at the other end of the park from La Choza and pass it every day walking the dogs. I am in behind the small cafe at the kid's playpark.

I have only been in once but it was a lovely meal. I will be back when my old man finally gets back over to visit us.

I think that when I retire, I'll look to buy in Estepona or Malaga.

I live at the other end of the park from La Choza and pass it every day walking the dogs. I am in behind the small cafe at the kid's playpark.

I have only been in once but it was a lovely meal. I will be back when my old man finally gets back over to visit us.

I think that when I retire, I'll look to buy in Estepona or Malaga.
I used to get the solomillo de cerdo con dijon every time, its outstanding.

There was a pub in sabinillas called O'Callaghans, used to see a few Rangers fans in there when games were on.

Back