Rangers Goal of the Season 1989-90: A Poll

Rangers Archive Footage

Evening

Goal of the Season 1989-90

Here is Part 4 of our endeavors to find the Rangers "Goal of the Season" for all years from 1986 to date.

Remember you MUST click the following link to register your vote https://forms.office.com/r/aCxvJtnZxp

The 5 goals for this season are as follows:

A - Mo Johnston v Celtic
B -Ally McCoist v Motherwell.
C - Trevor Steven v Dundee Utd.
D - Mark Walters v Aberdeen.
E - John Brown v Motherwell.

Have a watch at the video
and register you vote for your favourite at the link posted above.

Walters v the sheep, he twists to face the guy in the box, then a wee shuffle before gliding past him and slamming the ball into the net. The man was class.
Our man Maurice has to win tho, that goal still hurts them now!

MoJo’s goal was fantastic, and there was none of the ‘no celebrating against your old team’ BS, but McCoist’s goal was absolutely exquisite.

Ally 'Just a poacher' McCoist for me.

And, on a sidenote, when you get to season 91-92, then will Allys 2 goals from the last game of the season v Aberdeen be included given the limited footage available.

Ally 'Just a poacher' McCoist for me.

And, on a sidenote, when you get to season 91-92, then will Allys 2 goals from the last game of the season v Aberdeen be included given the limited footage available.
sadly I have left them out purely down to the poorer quality of the footage available, either could have won IMHO

The McCoist and Walters goals are the contenders for me.
McCoist’s was a peach of a strike… Walters’ was all the trickery.

I remember watching both front the East Enclosure as a young teenager and it’s amazing to think that I remember them so clearly all these years later.

Will go and have a think about it/toss a coin and vote.

Back