Rangers Hamilton 10.07.20 Highlights

Fitness exercise. Good to see us making so many chances. Murphy looked good from those short highlights.

Guy clips morelos heel it's a penalty and he sticks it away.

Bassey looks massive. Good header for the goal, thought he should have done better with the other chance he had as well.

Aribo looks like he’s bulked up a fair bit as well over the summer.

The amount of bodies around the edge of hamiltons box on almost every attack is a disgrace. Imagine setting up like that, pish.

It's the type of tactics we're going to be facing this season, so if anything it's a more useful work out for us than playing open friendlies against teams coming out at us.

Bit weird to see what looked like a clear dive from Morelos in a friendly honestly. He wont get away with that when the season starts. I was hoping he'd have cut that type of pish out.

Let's look at the positives and not the negatives.

Murphy coming back and doing what he does best cutting inside having shots

Bassey looks a unit and a half with great place. He's clearly getting stuck in at corners too.

Move on to the next game and build for the season ahead.

Murphy will be like a new player, looked very good on the ball. Hagi looked dangers and Bassey looked a tank. All the misses after all this time is just the players zeroing in and shaking off the dust.

Bassey looks a real threat at set pieces. Trying to break down a packed defence still looks a problem

The penalty was reminiscent of the type the scum get in real matches. We wont see that again this season.

Big lad got far too close for their goal.

Looks good at the corners, or a handful at least.

Borna looked rapid at one point.

Hagi shooting from outside the box is great to see. That’s where Christie does well for them. Work it onto his left and raining shots in. That could be a big asset for us.

Also good to see Murphy looking much like pre-injury. A permanent threat and good crossing.

We still require right sided options and a centre forward.

Glen Middleton played on the right for the U23s his form got him into the first team. He’s been discounted far too easily for me I would give him a go there

Re the penalty, all it takes is the tiniest touch to click the heels for the player to go down. Was very difficult to see. If there WAS a touch, then penalty. If not, dive. No one knows for sure even after watching it several times.

Tough crowd in here ffs.

5 minutes of highlights from the first bounce game after 4 months off and 2 weeks of contact training and we’ve got ‘no improvement from last season’ chat already.

Ridiculous.

Hopefully Gerrard finally realises he needs 2 new strikers. His post match comments yesterday suggest he does given he stated the game should have been won by 4 or 5. The highlights back that up.

You really got all that from those highlights?
They were just observations. I did say it was too early to judge. We squandered several good chances which is fair enough in pre-season. However, we still seemed to be trying to pass our way through defences. We were also caught cold on a counter in the 2nd hal, where Hamilton really should have equalized, much like last year.

Last edited:
I have no issue with the scoreline or rustiness personally. We haven’t played a competitive game for months so this is exactly what I’d expect.

I do think we could be in for a long season, but that’s more to do with the fact we’re about to go again with the same squad who’ve ultimately failed the last two times. I just have a bad feeling it’s not all going to suddenly click for these players.

Back