Rangers harming the Old Firm brand

I never understand why rangers don't publicly just put this out there or words to this effect .

We will be happy to give septic 14.4 % of seats in a premium spot behind a goal in our stadium.
We must however have exactly the same at there stadium in the interest of sporting integrity not stuck into a corner 14.4 approx 8200 behind the goal seats it would be down to them to sort the logistics as they expect us to do presently if we were given the same premium behind the goal seats as they expect then maybe we can go forward with a future discussion.

They won't offer it so that closes the debate and the ball is in there court we are not asking for a favour just reciprocation of what they want/expect .

Why don't the club just say words to that effect .

in the previous arrangement they got 15% of our stadium (7,500) directly behind the goals. If there’s any suggestion of this making a return then we must demand 15% (9,000) of their midden right behind the goals otherwise it’s a non starter. Having said that I’m personally happy with the current arrangement as I’ll never set foot in the place again unless it’s a neutral venue for a cup game or similar.
So how do Rangers fans exit when they are surrounded on both side by the yahoos?

Nailed it mate ..anyone who wants them back in the Broomloan needs to ask themselves, would you be prepared to give up your seat ? Approx 7000 bears would have to.
If I had a seat there's no way I'd give it up especially not for an oinker!

I never understand why rangers don't publicly just put this out there or words to this effect .

We will be happy to give septic 14.4 % of seats in a premium spot behind a goal in our stadium.
We must however have exactly the same at there stadium in the interest of sporting integrity not stuck into a corner 14.4 approx 8200 behind the goal seats it would be down to them to sort the logistics as they expect us to do presently if we were given the same premium behind the goal seats as they expect then maybe we can go forward with a future discussion.

They won't offer it so that closes the debate and the ball is in there court we are not asking for a favour just reciprocation of what they want/expect .

Because If the fans I talk to are a sample of the support we don't want them back. End of story

Technically it is a valid point, for promoting the Old Firm to an international market having lots of away fans would add to the atmosphere. So I suppose it is very short sighted of us to keep their numbers down. On the other hand keeping the smelly grey and green jobbies out of our stadium has got to be the right thing in terms of public hygiene.
Who has been interested in promotion for the International market since we've been stuck in the corner? Neither the filth or whoever is showing that games, that's for sure. It's a filth fest everytime. Yet they get, or got, ample coverage when they infested Ibrox.

So there's no validity in my book. An International market to promote only one set of fans from the one club?

No thanks.

So how do Rangers fans exit when they are surrounded on both side by the yahoos?
They walk out the exit the same way the 800 of us do at present when surrounded by them? It isn’t us to us to sort the logistics of it. I’ve been there when we had about 15,000 standing behind the goals and I’ve been there when we got half the stadium (right away round to where the green brigade sit now) so don’t let them trick you into thinking it can’t be done.

The answer you'll get on here is that guys who have season tickets and also get to away games can get to Parkhead. So they get to go to two games and you get to go to none. Seems fair right?
Like I said mate, the rest of it is noise.

Fúck Celtic and their puddle-drinking supporters and media lapdogs.

Why on fucking Earth would we want 7,000 STH bears to miss out on a game to be replaced by those scumbags? That’s all it comes down to. Everything else is just noise. The talk about a ‘brand’ is laughable. It certainly doesn’t help that speccy flat-topped fucker negotiate any more than about 75p a season from Sky. And they had no compunction in losing their ‘brand’ when we got fucked into the fourth tier.
This is bang on the money.

All the Timothy's , and John Pauls need to get over it. Wait until your universal credit payment comes in and book yourself a nice trip away to Santa Ponza, with your fat Mrs and ugly kids

Celtc and most of its fans have spent years jumping all over any mention of ‘old firm’ to tell everybody it doesn’t exist, yet it’s Rangers who are harming it. Celtc obviously told its pet journos to stop using it. Fck them.

Bottom line is our stadium is too small
We can fill it out it’s our own fans
Until we get a good expansion to the ground , then maybe something can be sorted

Personally I don’t ever want them back in real numbers having a full stand to themselves

Here's another way to look at it. Home fans get 42,000 tickets. Away fans get the rest. That should be our starting position IF and only IF we decide to let more away fans in. If they dont like it, tough!

"Old Firm brand"?

I think one team has been trying to distance themselves from that term out of fear from carpark shark attacks!

Won't be too long before stories have to be written about their sickening past, I can't imagine Rangers will be the ones doing any harm to brands then.

I'd prefer the club just told them publicly to bolt.

Why is no one in the media calling for Rangers to be given an allocation for the February fixture?
Rangers had a valid reason for having no scum at the Ibrox game but the scum have not got that reason but no mention of that in the mhedia! So exactly why none of our fans in the February game? I, for one,am happy not to have our stadium defiled, contaminated and damaged by the scum supporters.

W.A.T.P.

I don't understand why this is a continual talking point. It literally cannot change back now. It really is time to move on.

It's only them that's complaining about it as their fans are shit on their own.

We've beaten them in front of their fans, our fans, no fans, we'll beat them with 50,000 desk fans if they want. Get over it and move on. It's done.

Probably scared because of the flack they'd get from the media for having the gall to ask for such a thing;)

I absolutely love the seethe from all directions re this. All it does is emphasise we have done the right thing.

I remember for years the MSM would go on about the poisonous atmosphere at Old Firm games.

I love the atmosphere when it's virtually all us and I love the impact when we score at their midden.

%^*& them
%^*& them all
Never ever change it back Rangers

In fact, if we ever expand the stadium we should make sure there is a ttiny wee shite area out of the camera view for the scum. I don't want to hear them, I don't want to see them.

Ps %^*& them!!!!

There is no "Old Firm", according to them.
They are not half of anything, according to them.
So why are we being accused of hurting this so-called brand?

Scum FC and their Media lackies can GTF.

What’s hurting the brand is having one half ignoring its part in the worst sporting scandal in British history.

I'm told Celtc renewed the copyright/trade mark for the 'Old Firm' brand. :cool:

As for their fans whingeing about cuts in away allocations, their own board did the same. Have they no minds of their own?

Rangers should, very publicly, offer to buy them out of their half ownership of the term.
I'd love to see what they would do.

Technically it is a valid point, for promoting the Old Firm to an international market having lots of away fans would add to the atmosphere. So I suppose it is very short sighted of us to keep their numbers down. On the other hand keeping the smelly grey and green jobbies out of our stadium has got to be the right thing in terms of public hygiene.

When you're watching a game on TV does the number of away fans even cross your mind? I've certainly never had this thought and I can't imagine it having any bearing whatsoever on my enjoyment of a game.

Because If the fans I talk to are a sample of the support we don't want them back. End of story
Yes neither do I and despite what some would say I would put them in the club deck out of sight of tv also.

However since this "killing the atmosphere" pish started the club have been portrayed as the bad guys and in the wrong by all media and for me despite the fact nobody wants them in we need to fight a better "pr battle " by asking for reciprocation we put the emphasis on them not being reasonable by asking for something they won't offer back .
If my view or opinion is put forward by the club then they only ever need to say this and it closes the debate down .

It's only my own opinion

From 2012. They weren't worried about the brand then.

"CELTIC bosses insisted yesterday it would make no difference to them if Rangers go to the wall.

The Ibrox club were plunged into chaos yesterday when a notice of intention to appoint an administrator was lodged at Edinburgh Court of Session.

Rangers have five days to enter administration or pull back from the abyss.

But even if they tumble over the edge Celtic believe their own business and plans will not be affected.

In fact, they’re adamant they don’t need Rangers to have a profitable and successful future."

It’s argued that the Old Firm, the brand, need to be strong for their own good and the benefit of the game in general.

But Celtic’s chief executive Peter Lawwell denied this was the case and said: “We’ll survive very well. There will be no material impact on our business going forward.

I never want to see them in our ground ever, the pole on this very site should tell us every thing, the vast amount of votes were for kicking them out, and it should stay that way now.

Sorry but they should never get any seats at Ibrox again! Let them live with their vile hatred and delusions at their own ground! They hung effigies and claim we dont exist ffs! Banning them has been the best move ever!

This seems like another coordinated campaign. What is the end game here? Do they seriously think the club are going to cave and allow tramps back into our ground on mass because thier poodles in the press are calling us spoilsports.

From 2012. They weren't worried about the brand then.

"CELTIC bosses insisted yesterday it would make no difference to them if Rangers go to the wall.

The Ibrox club were plunged into chaos yesterday when a notice of intention to appoint an administrator was lodged at Edinburgh Court of Session.

Rangers have five days to enter administration or pull back from the abyss.

But even if they tumble over the edge Celtic believe their own business and plans will not be affected.

In fact, they’re adamant they don’t need Rangers to have a profitable and successful future."

It’s argued that the Old Firm, the brand, need to be strong for their own good and the benefit of the game in general.

But Celtic’s chief executive Peter Lawwell denied this was the case and said: “We’ll survive very well. There will be no material impact on our business going forward.
Pretty sure about 18 months after this liewell was in the paper bemoaning the fact our demotion cost them 10 million a season

The barriers would and should be put up like they do at Ibrox

But in order for parkhead to get a safety certificate for a capacity crowd , the general footprint of the stadium must remain open , if they can’t do this the capacity is reduced

Rangers as a club should be all over this when we return to our 800 tickets each

the barriers should be there the full game we should not be hearded in by police 90 mins before kick off , what would they do in the event of an emergency and a full evacuation is needed ?

The fact is their ground isn’t fit for purpose that’s what caused the crush at the Janefield street end in the past couple of years and the health and safety executive states that Celtic park only gets granted a safety
Cert if the surrounding area remains fully open

We as a club and our fans groups should be all over this , our safety is being compromised with no barriers in place

Back