Rangers have appealed Morelos card

It was never a Dive.
Even if the keeper had not made contact (and I know he did),
Morelos was running at full pelt, and the keeper's arms came out to directly block his path,
Morelos had to jump to get over/away from them.

“In order for a Claim of Wrongful Caution to be upheld, the Fast Track Tribunal must be satisfied, by way of evidence submitted and upon the balance of probabilities, that the Referee made an Obvious Refereeing Error in cautioning the Player. “

That’s obvious to any impartial person but SFA are far from impartial.

We shouldn't have to appeal.
Somebody should have been on the phone to us this am saying sorry, card rescinded and that this prick has been demoted for a game or two.

Do we get to claim cost in a similar way to court costs to the winner.If not, we should sue Beaton for the expense of going to appeal.This might sharpen the minds of some of our 'officials' when making such rash decisions in future.

by et al, I take it you are including the celtic first team who were drinking at a public poolside during a pandemic?
The press are working avidly to erase that from history, whilst at the same time never missing an opportunity to impress upon the public awareness that Rangers had five players fined by the police for a Covid infraction.

Our five should have fckd off over to Dubai and had a pool party.
Then brought some covid back into the country on their return.
This would have kept them out of the clutches of both the police and the SFA.
How's that for irony?

Do we get to claim cost in a similar way to court costs to the winner.If not, we should sue Beaton for the expense of going to appeal.This might sharpen the minds of some of our 'officials' when making such rash decisions in future.
His match fee should be deducted and transferred to Alfie as compensation.

And by extension SG card as incident would not have occurred otherwise

^^^This^^^

He will cop a ban for something that should never have happened.

You could hear what SG was saying on Sky & it was next to nothing anyway & barely worthy of a yellow never mind a red.

If Beaton booked every player that swore at him it would be 5 a side every week.

Someone said last night that he was one booking away from a suspension so would be out of the St Mirren game now or be out of the Celtic game if he was booked on Saturday.

Is this the case?

^^^This^^^

He will cop a ban for something that should never have happened.

You could hear what SG was saying on Sky & it was next to nothing anyway & barely worthy of a yellow never mind a red.

If Beaton booked every player that swore at him it would be 5 a side every week.
That guy Bartley was shooting his mouth of for quite a length of time at one point, no action taken.

How many cards will this be that Morelos has had rescinded ?
Surely a record.

I dont believe that referee's actively cheat but I full believe that Beaton has an issue with Alfredo Morelos and has his card marked before a ball is kicked.

This is most likely based on Alfredo's previous history which has ironically been created in large part by John Beaton himself.
That's actively cheating mate.

And how would that work if you had a ratbag like Beaton in charge of VAR?

VAR will never be the problem, it is the cheats that pollute Scottish football in entirety who are the cancer.
Whoever is in charge of VAR for any particular game, if they have the benefit of multi views, they will surely have to call it correctly.

On the pitch, a ref can get away with a decision he isn’t sure about or isn’t perfectly clear. Not when you’ve got something that can be viewed 4 or 5 angles.

As long as they don’t get Andy Hallidays opinion.

Still annoyed with him.

The worst part to me is that he played with Morelos for years. He should know more than anyone what he's up against in this country, yet first chance he gets he piles on calling him a diver ffs. Disgusting and indefensible from Halliday last night.

Whoever is in charge of VAR for any particular game, if they have the benefit of multi views, they will surely have to call it correctly.

On the pitch, a ref can get away with a decision he isn’t sure about or isn’t perfectly clear. Not when you’ve got something that can be viewed 4 or 5 angles.

The compliance officer has the luxury of watching incidents back away from match day pressure and still screws us over, why would VAR be any different?

As we all know, this card should already be rescinded and an apology telephone call offered to Rangers but it’s us and the SFA so no chance of that.

Onto the incident and when you look at it, Morelos has started to jump over the keeper charging into him, I think that gives them an out by saying his simulation had commenced prior to contact.

In this horrible country, I believe, the above is the possible lie they will tell.

There should be an imperative on the match officials to review their initial decision prior to an appeal being convened.

It truly amazes me the people on here are trying
to defend the ref decision.
good grief is a penalty full stop, no if or buts

Upgraded to a red, Alfie’s work permit gets rescinded and he gets jailed before put on first flight to Colombia

Get what your saying, except a mentally challenged fan in front of a screen, doesn't differ much from a mentally challenged fan with a whistle.
Spot-on. Beaton, Connor & the 4th official publicly conspired to wrong Alfie. Think what damage Clancy could do on his own in privacy....

Seriously as bad as that mob are in making decisions there is no chance this is not being overturned. It was an absolute howler of a decision.

I made a post month back I think about rangers standing up for itself this is exactly what I wanted appeal when grounds to appeal automatically, speak up when being pushed about when it's needed.. I'm pretty happy the club have decided to be more vocal and decisive rather than behind the scenes stuff I kept hearing about but nothing coming to fruition.. good on them for challenging this.

Someone said last night that he was one booking away from a suspension so would be out of the St Mirren game now or be out of the Celtic game if he was booked on Saturday.

Is this the case?
The someone who said this doesn’t know the rules

EvpgnHWXEAY0pKL

Back