Rangers have won the race to sign Oldham's George Edmundson

So if we land Aribo also. That just leaves us thinking striker....potentially (assuming we get a decent offer for Alfie) anyone aware of anything on the back burner?

Bit of me wants Alfie for one more season.
I think we could be quite formidable ( imagine he improves further).

Last edited:
I don't get how people can get excited by the signings were making. Don't get me wrong they could be successful or they could be the next Rob Kiernan, Matt crooks, or oduwa. There'll all from a similar background. All squad fillers so far

Imagine football fans being excited about signing players eh?

I don't get how people can get excited by the signings were making. Don't get me wrong they could be successful or they could be the next Rob Kiernan, Matt crooks, or oduwa. There'll all from a similar background. All squad fillers so far

You scouted them more than the coaching staff then ?

Love a defender thar can ping a ball like that and stride forward with confidence too. Looks like he has great potential!

Looks to be a good footballer and if it's long raking passes you're after then he's your main.

He's a very good age and is worth a gamble at 650k IMO

Be lying if I said I was buzzing about an Oldham player, however, by reports and from a mate that’s played against him several times, he’s apparently a decent prospect.

hqdefault.jpg

" Come awa ma wee Geordie "

( Only really, really, old bears will get this.)

Are we still in for Cooper?

He signed a new long term deal in December, talking close to if not £10m now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46567224

Defender Jake Cooper has signed a new "long-term" contract with Championship side Millwall.
The 23-year-old, who joined from Reading on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee in July 2017, has been ever-present in the league this season.
He played 38 Championship games last term, helping Millwall finish in eighth place, and won the club's young player of the season award.
The length of Cooper's new contract has not been revealed.

It’s a bit like the boy mawson from Swansea or the other one who just went to Bournemouth for 20 odd million

Superstar or he will go like windlass

A player with potential looks reasonably solid, quick enough and can bring the ball out from the back.

One for the future I think.

A good prospect but he’ll need to work hard to be a starter. We’ll sign another CB to start alongside Goldson or Katic.

As much of a prospect he is, I'm always wary of having too many players signed from smaller clubs where there is no demand on them to win every week and draws away from home are a good result. Heart and Hand made this very point today on the Daily Update.

We need to have a bit more battle hardened winners in the squad for me.

That's your takeaway from this? :rolleyes:

Good news, never seen him play but i trust Gerrard and the scouting team.

From an Oldham fan on a FB page I'm a member of

'He's a good young player that's really come on last season, gutted to lose him, especially as that means both our CBs from last season have gone , he will come on loads with someone experienced by his side. Still got a mistake in him but that's to be expected, if anything id say he needs to know his limitations as he gave the ball away trying stuff that was never going to come off '

I don’t really understand the ‘underwhelmed’ comments on here. A young excellent (by accounts) prospect has agreed to come to our team.
Compare and contrast with the glee on the other thread because a similar young prospect is blowing off ra cellic.
This signing is more important to us. We should all be happy.

Good news because he was clearly a top target, even if as a backup CB. A big step up from League 2 though so there will always be an element of risk.

Hope he lives up to his reported potential.

Goldson, Katic and Edmundson should sort out the centre back situation.

I'd like to see us push the boat out for a "number 10" now.
Absolutely. In need of a real game changer. I don’t think we have it in the squad from last season or the signings. Feels like lots of squad signings so far.

I've not followed this target. Does he go straight into the 11 or backup for Katic?

As ive said before on here, i think S.G.will play horses for courses, depending ong whom were playing against.
But ive a feeling were going to play 3 at the back this coming season.omo.

Perhaps another centre back on loan later in window? Like we did with Worrall.
God I hope not! That’s just what we need, another teams player getting developed while we have TWO of our own rusting on the bench. If anyone, it’s another McAully or a Hill on a free transfer than can be called upon when required but that we hope we won’t need!

We also have McRorie who can play there. The last thing we need is yet another loan player forcing the manager to chop and change the defence.

Back