Rangers help British Legion club

I remember coming home on leave, and trying to get into the RBL club in Castlemilk, some wee plookie faced kid on the door refused me entry, as I wasn't a member. Put me off joining, I wonder if they had become too exclusive over the years.
Bloody hell mate, that club closed about 35-40 years ago

The total last night was just over £4000 which was greatly appreciated and the Royal British Legion Knightswood would like to thank every single one of you who contributed in the collection which was very much appreciated Like to thank also the Lanzarote loyal / Bluebells bar Puerto Del Carmen for they held a whip round raising £225 to the collection, Thank you all .

If there is any former 184 BB members on here ,there will be a 100th anniversary reception in the Legion next Year.

From one of the club organisers -

On behalf of everyone at Royal British legion knightswood we would like to thank everyone Who donated last nite to our funds to keep our club Open we raised 4000 last night which was excellent thanks again to everyone who took time to donate

Well done to all who donated.

Stuck a tenner in myself and saw a good few others stuffing notes into the buckets in the Main Stand.

Terrific and deserving cause.

Back