BBC Scotland: Domestic Abuse - Rangers name dropped

In isolation I get it. She very might just have picked a football club at random and perhaps it’s not surprising she picked the biggest club in the country. She even may have thrown in the “the” because she is a woman with no clue about football teams etc.

But given the level of shite our club have faced from bbc Scotland. The clear and obvious trolling in the past 3-4 weeks. I think we are Right to feel this was staged and another for the already bulging file.

Is this it is this the total sum if our outrage "a rangers spokesman" wpild like her to explain......blah blah blah, i sometimes wonder why we bother on forums , twitter etc

In isolation I get it. She very might just have picked a football club at random and perhaps it’s not surprising she picked the biggest club in the country. She even may have thrown in the “the” because she is a woman with no clue about football teams etc.

But given the level of shite our club have faced from bbc Scotland. The clear and obvious trolling in the past 3-4 weeks. I think we are Right to feel this was staged and another for the already bulging file.

Is she not best mates with some screaming left wing republican crash barrier?

The only accidental thing about this was she accidentally repeated that which she hears repeatedly in her highly suspect circle of friends

This was intentional.

No matter what her motives were, we have heard her clearly.

Rangers Supporters beat their families when we fucking loose a game of football.

Incredible. I'd love to take that cow to court.

Now we need Club 1872 to batter this mhob yet again. It's a scandal the BBC CFC Opus DEI can exclude us from so much football and good that is in the game - but include us in every bit of nastiness they can.

I truly hate the staff at BBC CFC.

Why don't we as a club, just go to war with these people, for a start ban everyone of them from Ibrox and from interviews, lets get it out in the open and let all of the uk see how we are being treated.
The job’s already been done. Since Papa Smurf kicked them out of the Broomie, they can hardly get to Ibrox now.

Genuinely outrageous remark from Ms Gilchrist. We have a club playing in Leith whose fans in recent months have been lifted for violence and racism; another at Parkhead which is mired in a huge child abuse scandal, yet she decides without any basis to demonise the name of Rangers in relation to domestic violence. The BBC needs to formally disassociate itself from her remark and publicly broadcast an apology to Rangers.

"A Rangers spokesman"?
We're so limp-wristed.

“Rangers chairman Dave King has condemned Miss (I assume the fat gargoyle’s never had an erection up her clunge) Gilchrist’s remarks, condemning them both for their malicious nature and potentially damaging effect on the Rangers brand, whilst subsequently undermining an extremely important issue in respect of domestic violence. Mr King and fellow board members will not tolerate slanderous remarks and have demanded a written and published apology with immediate effect, should Miss Gilchrist and the BBC fail to comply, legal action will be taken.”

Of course we’d never actually offer such a strong rebuttal, but one can dream eh.

Last edited:
I know the Police say there is a correlation between spikes in domestic violence figures and Old Firm games, but I wonder if they have extended that to which team lost? Be interesting to see the figures.
from what I remember of that report it said the biggest spike in domestic violence after a match was after the Scotland v Italy qualifier at Hampden that had a 4.30pm kick off on a Saturday . Why didn't she say "after The Scotland lose"

from what I remember of that report it said the biggest spike in domestic violence after a match was after the Scotland v Italy qualifier at Hampden that had a 4.30pm kick off on a Saturday . Why didn't she say "after The Scotland lose"

I'm pretty sure any domestic on OF weekend gets chalked up to the football no matter what.

You don't have any points mate, you made ramblings and nothing more.

Let's explain it this way to you, it's our fans that are being called violent and domestic abusers and that's social conditioning, that's putting the image into the heads of the public that not only is our support associated with sectarian behaviour, its also now being associated with being violent thugs..Have you heard anything from the club about this so far? Anything? whilst the club is waiting to make a statement/comment, the fans who are being attacked by this bigot have the right to defend themselves.

I'm also not "looking down on fellow posters" and in fact for the past few weeks have helped countless posters with how to write to MP's/MSP's and contact details for the solicitor general and the Lord Advocate and id suggest to you that the majority on this thread agree with me and it's you that's on the outside with your opinion.

I'm nobody's spokesperson but, I will stand up against those that attack us. and I'll always help those that ask for my help in doing the same.

Now, you can go back to doing nothing because the help I have given has helped make this happen

I started the thread on this case and the evidence "going missing", in others words dumped by Glasgow PF.

SCRAPPED Politician demands answers after nine Celtic fans accused of hanging sex doll effigies at Rangers rivals walked free following evidence blunder

"I'm sure you will recall this incident which was widely regarded as deeply offensive provocation and a hate crime."
Yes mate your right I don't do anything except buy my season ticket every year,pay my dues to Club 1872 every month buy my rising stars tickets when I can and support rangers charities when I can.
You may consider me as a nobody and someone you can insult but I am just a regular punter like thousands of other Bears. I am as entitled to an opinion as you are.

I know the Police say there is a correlation between spikes in domestic violence figures and Old Firm games, but I wonder if they have extended that to which team lost? Be interesting to see the figures.

The correlation should actually be between domestic abuse and heavy drinking.

It is not the fault of Rangers (or Celtic for that matter) that folk overindulge in alcohol, and then behave badly.

Yes mate your right I don't do anything except buy my season ticket every year,pay my dues to Club 1872 every month buy my rising stars tickets when I can and support rangers charities when I can.
You may consider me as a nobody and someone you can insult but I am just a regular punter like thousands of other Bears. I am as entitled to an opinion as you are.

So, basically, you do the same as every other supporter except actually do anything to fight the haters and those that damage the Rangers brand and those such as this advocate and deputy of Scotlands women's aid who attacked every Rangers supporter.

It's alright though, there are plenty of us that are prepared to fight back and refuse to be demonised. You have a good day now.

It is not the fault of Rangers (or Celtic for that matter) that folk overindulge in alcohol, and then behave badly.

I think you are partially correct, it's a bit of a mixture. There's the excessive consumption of alcohol however there are also people who are extremely emotionally invested in football. They are therefore angry, upset, drunk and take their frustrations out through violence. Sometimes on the streets and sometimes at home.

This was intentional.

No matter what her motives were, we have heard her clearly.

Rangers Supporters beat their families when we fucking loose a game of football.

Incredible. I'd love to take that cow to court.

Now we need Club 1872 to batter this mhob yet again. It's a scandal the BBC CFC Opus DEI can exclude us from so much football and good that is in the game - but include us in every bit of nastiness they can.

I truly hate the staff at BBC CFC.
She's done nothing but trivialize the main issue here by having a silly little pop at us!
I personally think a question mark should be put on her job position... at the very least.

It is not the fault of Rangers (or Celtic for that matter) that folk overindulge in alcohol and then behave badly.

That's along the lines of what I spoke about on the actual thread about this from Friday night. There are so many reasons for domestic abuse from mental illness, financial issues within a family to booze and drugs.

The very fact that the deputy of Scotland's women aid made the choice to only mention us for me showed her up as a bigot and unprofessional in both her role for women's aid and as an advocate.

So, basically, you do the same as every other supporter except actually do anything to fight the haters and those that damage the Rangers brand and those such as this advocate and deputy of Scotlands women's aid who attacked every Rangers supporter.

It's alright though, there are plenty of us that are prepared to fight back and refuse to be demonised. You have a good day now
Yep i am just a regular fan and I do stick up for the Club,I am just not a self appointed moral guardian but hey you keep showing people how to write those letters and starting threads.

RANGERS have hit out at the BBC after a contributor referenced the club during a domestic abuse segment.

Scottish Women’s Aid chair Nicola Gilchrist appeared on Friday night’s edition of The Nine on BBC Scotland.

She was invited on to speak about a new law due to come into effect in Scotland next month that will make controlling and coercive behaviour a criminal offence.

Fiona Drouet – the mother of Aberdeen University student Emily Drouet, who killed herself in 2016 after being a victim of such abuse – was also a guest on the show.

And after Mrs Drouet admitted she wanted people to educate themselves about the dangers of controlling and coercive behaviour, Ms Gilchrist agreed.

She said: “This is what I think is so vital actually, is changing the shape of this.

“Educating people that domestic abuse is not a black eye after the Rangers lose or something. That is not what we are talking about.

“We are talking about what Fiona’s talking about here, that the shame and humiliation of living with this, that is going to, I think, shape the conversation in Scotland.”

A Rangers spokesperson said: “The first thing to be stressed is that domestic abuse should be condemned at every opportunity.

“Once again, however, the BBC provided a platform from which Rangers could be denigrated.

“Even so, it was astounding to hear Nicola Gilchrist single out Rangers. Perhaps she would like to explain why, while discussing this awful form of abuse, she felt it necessary to reference a club which does more than any other to help ease and eradicate the myriad problems faced by people in our local and wider communities.’

A number of Rangers fans have been angered by the reference to the Ibrox club losing games in Gilchrist’s response.

And many have demanded both she and the Beeb apologise for the remarks.

A BBC Scotland spokesperson said: “We did an item on The Nine which was highlighting the important issue of domestic abuse and its tragic consequences.”

SunSport has contacted Scottish Women’s Aid for comment.

Last week Rangers fans protested against BBC Scotland’s coverage of the club outside its Pacific Quay HQ in Glasgow.

They unleashed a banner blast which read: “Biased, bigoted, corrupt. DON’T FUND OUR HATERS. BBC, LICENCE TO LIE.”

The organisations are embroiled in a long-term disagreement, relating to senior journalist Chris McLaughlin’s Ibrox ban.
Brilliant I am so glad the Club has reacted to this.I would like to hear from the woman who made this comment as well.

All very true but, what if she’d referenced septic in the same way?
Or, quite probably, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs or anybody else?

Is this it is this the total sum if our outrage "a rangers spokesman" wpild like her to explain......blah blah blah, i sometimes wonder why we bother on forums , twitter etc
Perhaps, the low level approach is just a first step.
Maybe, if we don’t get the answers we need, we’ll escalate it.

Just guessing. Is Nicola Gilchrist a trendy lefty Celtic sympathiser?
Who obviously thinks perceived and subjective abuse or controlling is worse than very real support for murderous terrorist groups or decades long facilitation of a predatory paedophile network.

What is our plan beyond demanding apologies and retractions?

It’s evidently having little or no effect because their sleekit digs and jibes just keep on coming.

So what’s the next step?

“Rangers chairman Dave King has condemned Miss (I assume the fat gargoyle’s never had an erection up her clunge) Gilchrist’s remarks, condemning them both for their malicious nature and potentially damaging effects on the Rangers brand, whilst subsequently undermining an extremely important topic in respect of domestic violence. Mr King and his fellow board members will not tolerate such slanderous remarks and have demanded a written and published apology with immediate effect, should Miss Gilchrist and the BBC fail to comply, Rangers will seek immediate legal action.”

Of course we’d never actually offer such a strong rebuttal, but one can dream eh.
not that hard is it

What is our plan beyond demanding apologies and retractions?

It’s evidently having little or no effect because their sleekit digs and jibes just keep on coming.

So what’s the next step?

Was thinking exactly that, the BBC will play this game all day long, have snide digs constantly and occasionally issue a disingenuous apology. Time for Rangers to become the first high profile organisation in the UK to call for an end to the licence fee.

Channel 5 (Jeremy Vine Show) used the article from BBC Scotland's website where it said "living in the dark ages" when a song was sung by Rangers fans at Clarke. A guest on the show, Kevin McGuire, a journo down England, had this to say..."I once went to a game up there, it was Dundee United vs Rangers, all the Rangers fans turned up with flutes and Union Jacks, I couldn't believe it!"
The bullshit lie went unchallenged.
I contacted Jeremy Vine through his Facebook and complained about the comments 'his guest' came out with, asking what is so wrong about Union Jacks?
I pointed out that in 50 years of following my team Rangers I had never seen anyone with a flute at the game.

He didn't even bother to reply. :mad:

Channel 5 (Jeremy Vine Show) used the article from BBC Scotland's website where it said "living in the dark ages" when a song was sung by Rangers fans at Clarke. A guest on the show, Kevin McGuire, a journo down England, had this to say..."I once went to a game up there, it was Dundee United vs Rangers, all the Rangers fans turned up with flutes and Union Jacks, I couldn't believe it!"
The bullshit lie went unchallenged.
I contacted Jeremy Vine through his Facebook and complained about the comments 'his guest' came out with, asking what is so wrong about Union Jacks?
I pointed out that in 50 years of following my team Rangers I had never seen anyone with a flute at the game.

He didn't even bother to reply. :mad:

Kevin McGuire is a deputy editor for The Mirror, and is a Corbyn loving terrorist friendly Republican rat.

We need to bypass the Pacific Quay bigots and go straight to London with our complaints.

How many times have I said the above, can none of the London Bears, not contact the Director General who won’t have the foggiest what’s going on up here with this backward Republican Scum that we pay for. This Government is like living in a time that time forgot with that Magot through in Edinburgh.

Back