Rangers icon McCoist insists Gerrard will never do anything further as a manager that means so much to so many people

BlueMeanie

ALLY McCOIST insists Steven Gerrard will NEVER do anything further as a manager that will mean so much to so many people.
The Rangers boss has led the club to their first title triumph in 10 years - their 55th top flight crown.
Rangers boss Steven Gerrard celebrates with fans outside the dressing room window
Rangers boss Steven Gerrard celebrates with fans outside the dressing room window
Thousands of supporters gathered in Glasgow yesterday to celebrate the team's success after it was confirmed.
And Light Blues legend McCoist reckons Gerrard will never achieve something so meaningful to so many fans ever again.
Speaking on talkSPORT this morning, he said: "I sent Steven a message, not to tell tales out of school, obviously congratulating him and I'm so proud and happy for him.
"What I said to him was - you know something?
Rangers legend Ally McCoist
Rangers legend Ally McCoist
"No matter what Steven does in his football management career, and I hope he gets everything he wants.
"Whether it's England, whether it's Liverpool, I really hope and keep my fingers crossed that he gets everything he wants.
"But what I said to him was, whatever he achieves - and I hope it's lots - he will NEVER do anything further in his managerial career that will mean so much to so many people."
Gerrard has just one year left on his deal as Rangers manager as things stand.

And McCoist admits he would be GUTTED if the Liverpool legend didn't stick around at Ibrox for longer than that.
He said: "Absolutely. What a blow that would be!
"Like I said earlier, Steven will obviously have dreams and hopes and ambitions for himself in terms of his managerial career.

"It's incredible to think he's one of the greatest players of that generation, certainly one of the greatest players Liverpool have ever produced.
"And unfortunately for him, he was at a period in his career when Liverpool weren't winning titles. The irony.
"Somebody like Graeme Souness as well, another Liverpool legend that came up and the impact that he made as a manager at Rangers.

"I just hope that Steven can clearly go on and do the exact same as what Graeme did.
"The impact that Graeme made with Rangers on Scottish football was phenomenal.
"I think every Rangers fan is sitting with everything crossed that Steven can continue to do the same."

There’s no doubt this is as good as it gets and I think it’s still to sink in for some people I really do . This is the pinnacle of a journey that everybody who wasn’t a bear tried to kill us off . To come back and be top dogs again and clinch 55 and stop them and the false 10 is the cherry .

Nothing will ever surpass this . And they know it .

There’s no doubt this is as good as it gets and I think it’s still to sink in for some people I really do . This is the pinnacle of a journey that everybody who wasn’t a bear tried to kill us off . To come back and be top dogs again and clinch 55 and stop them and the false 10 is the cherry .

Nothing will ever surpass this . And they know it .
This. Absolutely spot on.

Back