Rangers, if you played on the streets, we would support you from the pavements

NYC Davie

I posted on another thread last week that this was on a massive banner in the Copland in our first game at Ibrox after the demotion. East Stirling, 5-1, sell out crowd, but more importantly a magnificent commitment by the fans to the fight back to the top.

Well we’re truly back now. Genuinely wonderful football at times, a superb, professional management team and a squad of players that fight for each other and who you can tell have totally bought into the whole Rangers ethos. I’m an old guy now and I’ve lived through many highs and lows. But I’ll never forget that banner and neither should any one of us. Because it sums us all up

Superb post mate and what a quote that is , we have been on some journey and now we can keep our head up puff our chest out and welcome any challenge with a swagger ! ... great times ahead

I posted on another thread last week that this was on a massive banner in the Copland in our first game at Ibrox after the demotion. East Stirling, 5-1, sell out crowd, but more importantly a magnificent commitment by the fans to the fight back to the top.

Well we’re truly back now. Genuinely wonderful football at times, a superb, professional management team and a squad of players that fight for each other and who you can tell have totally bought into the whole Rangers ethos. I’m an old guy now and I’ve lived through many highs and lows. But I’ll never forget that banner and neither should any one of us. Because it sums us all up
I have been watching been watching Rangers from the sixties and I have been overwhelmed by the support since 2012 when the shit hit the fan, the fact that Rangers fans created World attendance records in the the lower leagues is truly amazing and I think that they are being rewarded for their tremendous loyalty this season by winning the league and progressing in Europe ,the only thing is that we are unable to see it at Ibrox ,for oh what would I give to take my seat in the main stand along with the guys that I have been sitting beside for a few years now, possibly with tears in my eyes watching Rangers being back where we belong .
For as I have said on numerous occasions , while we were putting bums on seats to support our team , another team whose fans and the impartial Scottish mhedia call TGFITW were having to cover their empty seats with banners .
I could finish up by saying that we are back but that would be wrong for the truth is that we have never been away ( The supporters I mean)
So I suppose this a tribute to us bluenoses who would be standing on the pavement if Rangers were playing on the street .
Happy to be a bluenose forever

Last edited:

Never forgive! Never forget!

We don’t do walking away!

When you read the history of Rangers, we see stories of supporters on horse drawn charrabangs spending a couple of days travelling to Aberdeen for a game, or walking 40 miles to Edinburgh and back.

Plenty of us would crawl over broken bottles to see them.

It's the way Rangers gets you.

I like it.

Was the first game not East Fife?
I remember reading something about a game against East Fife in those days ,it may well be the first one and one of East Fife directors was going round the stadium not believing what he could see as a massive crowd turned up for a league cup tie .He was delighted as East Fife were on a cut of the gate money and I think that they said that that money would keep them going for two years

Exactly what I said back in 2012. Thankfully, it never came to that, despite the best efforts of the enemies. Now, they're all running scared.

Sure it was a quote from Galatasary fans.
Came on to post this too.
I might be wrong but they directed it to us directly in the first few days of Admin. It choked me then and it still chokes me now. If ever there was an area of permanent banners in the stadium this is one phrase I'd want front and centre

I remember a fellow Bear making that statement in a tv interview on the day that we went up to play Brechin in our first game back after liquidation. It made me feel quite emotional after I heard it.

Back