Rangers In Line For Link Up With Mexicans Chivas

WattieSmith

6th September, 2017, 12:23 PM
By Harry Sykes

Rangers could be set for a link-up with Mexican giants Chivas after their chief executive flew to Scotland for talks with Pedro Caixinha.

The Ibrox manager is in line to use his contacts in the country to formalise a players arrangement after leading Santos Laguna to the Mexican title during his stint in the country.Chivas chief executive Jose Luis Higuera was given a tour of Rangers’ training ground at Auchenhowie by Caixinha before the pair had dinner in Glasgow.
The Chivas chief shared his pictures of the meeting on his personal Twitter account and said: “I have started a great relationship with Rangers FC. I had a great dinner and learned a lot about football.”

The comments appear to suggest that Caixinha has set the ball rolling for a formal sharing of ideas and players between the two teams.

Club Deportivo Guadalajara, known as Chivas, have won their title 12 times and are known for only playing Mexican players.

Higuera is regarded as one of the most influential men in Mexican football. He is also CEO of Ominilife Chivas group, which owns the club.

Rangers signed two Mexicans this summer, with Carlos Pena arriving from Chivas and Eduardo Herrera also sealing a transfer.

If they only play people of Mexican nationality this would only be a one way thing then?

Interesting to see how this one pan's out.

Money Laundering Loyal :D:D

I think the guy coming over for a visit is being blown out of proportion. Knowing journalists, they have probably mis-translated the actual post, or the context of the post, either deliberately to suit their article or just simply because they are thick.

Not likely to be a player arrangement as they won't be able to take on any of our players if they only play Mexicans and we might struggle to get a work permit for any young players they would want to send over.

If it benefits Rangers I'm all for it. If it actually happens, unlike Charles Green's Dallas Cowboys link up... :oops::confused::mad:

Yep, the moon howlers will be posting that Pedro is having secret meetings with Tony Montana.

I really like where we're headed.

Re - evaluation of the under 20s and playing them against the bigger teams in Europe and now this.

Money laundering! :D
giphy.gif

More men like Pena coming over

Can we not concentrate on ourselves in the short term? I'd rather we brought our own youngsters through than some mob from Mexico's.

More fuel for timmys lunatic conspiracy theory about the cartel running us. Just wait for ill Phil's next blog.

Learned friends I have it on good authority that the cartels grip on Rangers is tightening........
Mods! Move this to the secret lounge.

Actually a really good way to launder the Cartels money, i'm in.

Good step if it comes off; should never give up the opportunity to spread the popularity of Rangers in different places of the world.

Are those pictures taken in the Louden ? A few tequilas in the Louden before heading up the toon

Can do us no harm. Looking at the twitter account the fella seemed to have genuinely enjoyed the visit.

Anyone know the restaurant ? Took my good lady to the Edinburgh branch of Topolabamba and really enjoyed the grub and cocktails...that isn't the Glasgkw one is it(probably not) ?

It's getting a lot easier now to see the work that is being done on our infrastructure, and in a relatively short space of time. More of this please Rangers. Whatever helps us grow in the long term.

Yeah, as long as there's a clear benefit in it for us.
We've had these before - an Aussie team? - but they always seem to come to very little.

Actually a really good way to launder the Cartels money, i'm in.

Good step if it comes off; should never give up the opportunity to spread the popularity of Rangers in different places of the world.
Agreed. Last time I was in Mexico the only top I saw was a green and grey, and that was in a remote location.

Back