Rangers International - Albania, Algeria, Argentina, Australia (Can you name the 8 players who capped for those countries while playing for Rangers?)

MrBearightside

Albania
Player nameDate of first capDate of last capNumber of caps
Rangers F.C. Albanian international footballers
Eros Grezda
10 October 2018​
25 March 2019
6[55]

Algeria

Rangers F.C. Algerian international footballers
Madjid Bougherra
20 August 2008​
23 June 2010​
20[56]
Brahim Hemdani
31 May 2008​
1[57]

Argentina

Rangers F.C. Argentine international footballers
Claudio Caniggia
13 February 2002​
28 March 2002​
2[58]

Australia

Rangers F.C. Australian international footballers
Dave Mitchell
12 June 1983​
15 June 1983​
2[59]
Craig Moore
21 June 1995​
29 March 2004​
30[60]
Tony Vidmar
6 July 1997​
25 November 2001​
27[61]
Matt McKay
2 September 2011​
15 November 2011​
6[62]

I know it's probably part of the question but I've never even seen the name Dave Mitchell mentioned on here. I think I got the rest of them right if not over guessing with Muscat.

Fook me, only got 4, though confident I had 5. Was pretty confident about Muscat. Boogie, Moore, Vidmar and Caniggia for me. Trying to think of an Albanian and only name that kept coming to mind was Rudi Vata

I got 6 , forgot about Hendami and went for McLeishs love child Namouchi, surprised he wasn't there and thought he'd been missed off but after checking I now see he's Tunisian ! I'm afraid I remember Davie Mitchell he played during the glory days of the early 1980s.

Got 7, missed Hemdani. Didn't know he was Algerian.

I remember bringing my program collection to the BB for the hobbies badge (or something similar). The captain was a season ticket holder and started asking me questions about the games and I still remember being stumped by "What is Dave Mitchell's nickname?". Apparently "Skippy" (as in the bush kangaroo) but I had never once heard him called that.

It's like one of the papers (I assume the Sunday Post), always mentioning that Dave MacPherson had been nicknamed "Hen Broon" by the Rangers fan but I never heard him called that anywhere.

Amato was a weird one. He was listed for years as having 6 caps for Argentina for years then all of a sudden they were removed from his records. I assume it was misinformation.

I thought of these 8

Grezda
Bougherra
Kerkar
Caniggia
Moore
Vidmar
McKay
Muscat

Don’t know why but for whatever reason I don’t think of Hemdani as Algerian, and also thought Kerkar had got a cap for them whilst here.
Wouldn’t have got Dave Mitchell but was almost certain Muscat would’ve got an Aussie cap whilst with us!

Grezda, Bougherra, Kerkar, Hemdani, Cannigia, Vidmar, Moore & Muscat were my 8.

Add me to the list of having not heard of Mitchell!

A quick Google suggests Muscat played for Australia against England in Feb 03. Didn’t leave us until August that year.

Last edited:
Back