Rangers International - Croatia, Czech Rep, Denmark and Egypt (Can you name all 10 players capped by these countries while playing for us?)

MrBearightside

Croatia
Player nameDate of first capDate of last capNumber of caps
Rangers F.C. Croatian international footballers
Dado Pršo
5 June 2004​
22 June 2006​
21[70]
Nikica Jelavić
3 September 2010​
15 November 2011​
11[71]
Borna Barišić
6 September 2018​
15 November 2019
9[72]

Czech Republic

Rangers F.C. Czech international footballers
Libor Sionko
30 May 2006​
24 March 2007​
8[73]

Denmark

Rangers F.C. Danish international footballers
Jan Bartram
Erik Bo Andersen
19 June 1996​
1[74]
Jesper Christiansen
6 March 2002​
1[75]
Brian Laudrup
17 August 1994​
28 June 1998​
33[76]
Peter Løvenkrands
27 March 2002​
1 March 2006​
13[77]

Egypt

Rangers F.C. Egyptian international footballers
Mohamed Latif

[/spolier]

All bar two.
The Danish keeper and the Egyptian.
However, I did have Kai Johanssen (forgive the spelling).
Can’t believe he was uncapped.
Surely Danish football wasn’t so strong back then to ignore a Rangers player.

All bar two.

Damn, think I was batting 100% until this one. Got the Danish Keeper and the Egyptian but missed the 2nd Croatian forward and the 2nd Danish winger :oops: Only 8 out of 10.

Damn, think I was batting 100% until this one. Got the Danish Keeper and the Egyptian but missed the 2nd Croatian forward and the 2nd Danish winger :oops: Only 8 out of 10.

You got the Egyptian?!

Was this guy decent? Or just a good piece of trivia?

Got 1 Dane wrong.

Forgot about the keeper, and had thought the original Great Dane from the 1920s Carl Hansen would have been capped when with us.

I'm sure the Egyptian was a doctor that played for us late 30s ...Mohammed Latif. I'm sure he was the 1st Rangers player to play in the world cup....

I couldnt remember the Egyptians name but I knew his story. Was very recently asked the question to name all the players who played for us and also have a cap for an African nation. He was the only one I didn't get then

All bar two.
According to wikipedia he has 20 caps for Denmark, when he was playing for Morton. But when he joined us he turned professional and that excluded him from the Danish national side (they only played amateurs until 1970). Very odd story, but weird enough to be true!

According to wikipedia he has 20 caps for Denmark, when he was playing for Morton. But when he joined us he turned professional and that excluded him from the Danish national side (they only played amateurs until 1970). Very odd story, but weird enough to be true!
Weird indeed.
A ruling that means omitting your best players.
I’m wondering if there were any other well known players who missed out when they bettered themselves.

Genuinely never heard of that Egyptian c*nt in my life.

Got the 3 Croatians, God and Lovenkrands for Denmark and I knew Sionko.

Would never have guessed Erik Bo Andersen got capped with us. That glorious New Year sub appearance aside he was fucking rotten.

You got the Egyptian?!

Was this guy decent? Or just a good piece of trivia?
I think he was in my head because of an article I was reading a while ago about the first black players in Scottish football. Probably the same reason Walter Tull popped up when I was trying to get the Rangers players beginning with T.

Also knowing that there is at least one Egyptian, doesn't leave a huge pool to fish in . . .you either know the name of an Egyptian that played for Rangers or you don't!. I had no idea of he was capped while at Rangers, capped at all, or even if Egypt had an international team or not at that time.

Got the Egyptian funnily enough but missed two Danes one very surprising one considering he won a whack of cash once :D

Missed bo Anderson, Christiansen and I've never heard of the Egyptian. Was thinking Tugay but just realized after seeing answers, he's Turkish

You got the first Danish player to play for us?

Fair doos, I'd never have gotten him
First Danish player to play for us was Carl Hansen in early 1920s. He was already capped by Denmark, but as he had signed professionally with Rangers, Danish FA would not pick him as they were still amateur, so never picked up any caps while at Rangers.

Last edited:
Back