Rangers issue 14 million shares for 25pence each

iain18(7)2

Being reported by the usual ‘price of football’ Twitter account. Must be current shareholders making another investment?

8 million recently brought in with this new share issue and gerrard compensation money. Think that will cover the 7 million shortfall which was being mentioned a lot, if that shortfall was already covered though then it could potentially be 8 million for Gio to use in January, interesting

All this stuff goes over my head haha
To simplify it it's the only legal way that investors can put money into the club they put the money in which is converted to shares at a later date as we are not on the public stock exchange inctrasing the number of shares in the club doesn't do us any damage

All this stuff goes over my head haha
TBH mate I think for most folks it will be the same and we rely on a watered down simpler explanation, big organisations will have a financial team made up of guys with Uni degrees in finance with years of experience, so for us normal folks it just flies past us.

Presumably just investors converting loans to equity. If GvB wants cash to spend in January he will have to generate it through sales I'd suggest.
I reckon he’ll have a good bit of the Gerrard money to spend in January, but we do need to start selling players, purely to get the player trading model working.

The share issue in the summer covered most of amount needed and this latest one probably takes care of it, so the money we’ve receive for Gerrard is all a bonus, basically. Given what’s at stake this season, I think we’d be wise to use that money invest in the squad in January, but I’m sure we’ll get an idea on Tuesday.

I reckon he’ll have a good bit of the Gerrard money to spend in January, but we do need to start selling players, purely to get the player trading model working.

The share issue in the summer covered most of amount needed and this latest one probably takes care of it, so the money we’ve receive for Gerrard is all a bonus, basically. Given what’s at stake this season, I think we’d be wise to use that money invest in the squad in January, but I’m sure we’ll get an idea on Tuesday.
On the last page of the Annual Report it mentions 'Post Balance Sheet Events'. These list the £4.5m share issue - but also record that investors gave a further £8.5m in loans. I'm still minded to think this is simply converting some of those loans into equity.

I would like to buy these RANGERS shares so how do I go about spending £100 to get them, is there contact details.?
You'd need to contact a broker to try and find you some shares that are for sale first. Even then, by the time they take their cut, it would hardly be worth your while if you only plan on spending a total of £100. From memory when I bought my shares it cost me an additional £30 or so just to have them 'certificated' - or registered in MY name rather than through an nominee account. Add on your brokers fees and you can see how your £100 is soon gone.

The shares mentioned in the OP are not for sale to Joe Bloggs - as I've said, probably just investors converting loans into equity.

On the last page of the Annual Report it mentions 'Post Balance Sheet Events'. These list the £4.5m share issue - but also record that investors gave a further £8.5m in loans. I'm still minded to think this is simply converting some of those loans into equity.
Ah, that’s a good shout. We probably do need that additional £4.5m in that case, but the Gerrard money goes towards that.

Presumably then the cash they intended to put in could be used in January, but that’s down to the investors in that case.

You'd need to contact a broker to try and find you some shares that are for sale first. Even then, by the time they take their cut, it would hardly be worth your while if you only plan on spending a total of £100. From memory when I bought my shares it cost me an additional £30 or so just to have them 'certificated' - or registered in MY name rather than through an nominee account. Add on your brokers fees and you can see how your £100 is soon gone.

The shares mentioned in the OP are not for sale to Joe Bloggs - as I've said, probably just investors converting loans into equity.

Here u, im no Joe Bloggs, Im Pelem.

It looks like investors filling about half of the known £7million money already noted we required to see us to the end of the season.

I assume it will be noted on the club website on Monday or Tuesday and once they have updated the list of shareholders who hold over 3% we will see a change in that and can work out who has ponied up!

Presumably just investors converting loans to equity. If GvB wants cash to spend in January he will have to generate it through sales I'd suggest.
The European run to date and the Gerrard compo will massively help offset some of the reported losses.

GVB will have a budget in January absolutely if he needs it. He’s not walking into this without some guarantees.

Player sales are probably going to happen if we get the right offer

The European run to date and the Gerrard compo will massively help offset some of the reported losses.

GVB will have a budget in January absolutely if he needs it. He’s not walking into this without some guarantees.

Player sales are probably going to happen if we get the right offer
Interesting point on the Euro money. I'd always assumed it came at the end of the season basically. Any idea if we get an interim payment after the group stages conclude?

The loans outstanding at the last balance sheet were interest bearing loans from Dave King and John Bennett/,Julian Wolhardt. These will not be converted they will be repaid. DK’s has already been repaid and The JB/ JW loan is repayable over 7 years. There were no soft loans outstanding at 30 June 21 so this must be new cash invested.

Couple of more full houses on European nights.along with prize and TV money should put a dent in the 7m shortfall.?
Finance is not my strong point.
Hence I've never had money lol

Amazing that all these wealthy investors keep putting money into us. Dont they read the inane ramblings of certain demented bloggers? Surely they must be aware admin 4243 is only days away?

In all seriousness, grateful to everyone of those that have put in serious money to get us back to the top. This journey would have been twice as long without their support.

Will this release effect the Vue of the tifosy shares?
It shouldn't make any difference in that there are more shares in circulation, but this is covered by the additional money for the new shares or reduction in debt if it is simply a conversion. If however, this allows a bit of money to be made avaiable for new transfer(s) and this helps secure 56 which in turn gives access to Champions League riches then it could boost the share price down the road. There is also the possibilty it could help us go further in our current European campaign for a further financial boost.

I would like to buy these RANGERS shares so how do I go about spending £100 to get them, is there contact details.?
I bought shares in us last year through Redmayne Bentley in Glasgow. If they have any to trade £100 worth will cost you £15.99 in commissions. And an extra £30 if you want a paper certificate to hang on the wall.

Edit:- worth contacting to register an interest and they will let you know when some become available.

Back