Stuart Gibson adds 4m more shares

uneasydaz

FOUR million more shares have been issued in Rangers' holding company - at a cost of £1million.

The latest transaction in Rangers International Football Club PLC went through at the end of last month and was communicated on Companies House today.

A total of four million shares were alotted - and bought at 25p per share.

It's the first such transaction this year, and comes after similar allotments in two tranches of five million (£1.25m) and four million (£1m) in January and February of last year.

It’s not known if the shares are being issued for cash investment or for the conversion of previous loans into equity.

It comes after the Ibrox side announced their most positive set of results in a decade at the end of last year.

The headline figure from the club's year-long figures up to the end of June was a turnover of £86.8million - a club record.

That saw an operating profit of £5.9million - compared to an operational loss of £23.5m for the 12 months which immediately preceded it.

And those figures didn't include the sales of Calvin Bassey and Joe Aribo - and this season's Champions League money.

The club saw a modest but important investment in players last month with the arrival of Todd Cantwell and Nicolas Raskin.

The likes of Douglas Park and John Bennett have previously committed to providing additional loan facilities to meet shortfalls but Gers last year hailed the success of the player-trading model.

Park wrote in his annual report notes: "Off the field, and allied to performance on the pitch, we have continued to make enormous strides.

"I am delighted to be reporting a Club record turnover of £86.8m for the year to 30 June 2022.

"From this revenue, we returned an Operating Profit of £5.9m which represents an improvement of £27.6m on last year’s operating loss.

"This demonstrates the success and progress achieved over the last 12 months.

"During the year to 30 June 2022, we have raised new equity of £10.1m and taken on new debt of £3.6m to strengthen our financial position.”

Fantastic news. Shows trust in the club and the opportunity it has for the future. Still wouldn't mind a Gers supporting infinite-pocketed Sheikh.
Every club in the world would want a philanthropist donor who just pumped free money into the stadium and opened new sponsorship streams without interfering in the club
There’s none about, unless you include the Medieval state shitshows from the Middle East. Man Utd will be Arab soon and then the Glaziers won’t seem as bad

Last edited:
Since the statutory confirmation statement issued to Companies House late last year
there has been other share holding changes if you compare this with latest shareholding
from Rangers website today
Dave King shareholding has dropped by 2,225,000 (1,075,000 has been bought by Club 1872 ) they remaining 1,175,000 unknown at the moment.
Interesting also since confirmation statement John Halsted has increased his holding by
4,000,000 shares .Companies House still to be notified, but shown on Club website
Perhaps other readers could verify my observations

Almost £ 87 million turnover without the Bassey, Aribo and Champions League monies.? That must be more than £ 100 million. ? We're certainly heading in the right direction.
Share issue is not turnover related it’s a Balance Sheet item. It’s an injection of cash directly into the business and may well be for a specific cost purpose. Definitely a positive but will be part of a strategic strategy.

Every club in the world would want a philanthropist donor who just pumped free money into the stadium and opened new sponsorship streams without interfering in the club
There’s none about, unless you include the Medieval state shitshows from the Middle East. Man Utd will be Arab soon and then the Glaziers won’t seem as bad

And if there was one, the risks would be enormous. No thank you. I'm quite happy with the current situation whereby no-one has enough shares to come close to being able to vote through the special resolutions that can harm us. Indeed, the top 9 shareholders in total do not have the 75% needed.

Special resolutions are needed to
- alter the articles of association.
- alter a shareholders' agreement.
- change a company name.
- restructure a company.
- remove pre-emption rights of shareholders.
- reduce share capital.
- wind up a company.

That may sound pretty boring compared to buying a good centre back, midfielder or striker. But having someone controlling 75% of the votes is a mighty dangerous position to be in - as we know only too well.

Almost £ 87 million turnover without the Bassey, Aribo and Champions League monies.? That must be more than £ 100 million. ? We're certainly heading in the right direction.
It sounds good, but it's a short term thing really.

My concern is what it will look like in a year or two's time with less European money and no big player sales.

Let's be honest the EL run is unlikely to be replicated again and when are we going to again sell players in one season to the value of £40m - Aribo, Bassey, Patterson.

Our player asset values are not exactly high these days.

So while the short term position looks decent, I feel beyond that is where we need to focus in maximising revenue etc. I foresee some potential gaps unless we strike lucky with a couple of player sales.

I guess that's what the likes of Cantwell and Raskin will be earmarked for in a couple of years, assuming they have success with us. Selling them on at big profit. That has to be the model for the foreseeable future. Time will tell if that is achievable.

It sounds good, but it's a short term thing really.

My concern is what it will look like in a year or two's time with less European money and no big player sales.

Let's be honest the EL run is unlikely to be replicated again and when are we going to again sell players in one season to the value of £40m - Aribo, Bassey, Patterson.

Our player asset values are not exactly high these days.

So while the short term position looks decent, I feel beyond that is where we need to focus in maximising revenue etc. I foresee some potential gaps unless we strike lucky with a couple of player sales.

I guess that's what the likes of Cantwell and Raskin will be earmarked for in a couple of years, assuming they have success with us. Selling them on at big profit. That has to be the model for the foreseeable future. Time will tell if that is achievable.

The great thing about football, mate, is that we never know what can happen. After 2012, nobody, including myself could have predicted us in a major European Final in 2022. :)

And if there was one, the risks would be enormous. No thank you. I'm quite happy with the current situation whereby no-one has enough shares to come close to being able to vote through the special resolutions that can harm us. Indeed, the top 9 shareholders in total do not have the 75% needed.

Special resolutions are needed to
- alter the articles of association.
- alter a shareholders' agreement.
- change a company name.
- restructure a company.
- remove pre-emption rights of shareholders.
- reduce share capital.
- wind up a company.

That may sound pretty boring compared to buying a good centre back, midfielder or striker. But having someone controlling 75% of the votes is a mighty dangerous position to be in - as we know only too well.
I should add that, though I don’t agree with some of Dave Kings recent actions, we have to thank him for (a) getting control of enough shares with the other 2 bears to stop the previous regime pushing through all sorts of contractual rubbish and (b) creating the environment for future shareholdings to be spread over a number of holders. Indeed, King is still a major block to 75% control through his own holding which in turn isn’t big enough to be a threat.

I agree, however at our AGM in December the Board stated the installation of 1,800 odd seats in cantilevers over the lower tiers of the Copland and Broomloan Stands will only be completed IF funding can be secured.
The financial stewardship of our club by the Board has been good, no doubt about that, and for the first time in years we have genuine financial stability.
That said, the extent of the rebuild the club required was so great there is still much work to do, although I agree we are heading in the right direction (NEH, Blue Sky Lounge and the long overdue update of disabled facilities at the Stadium being 3 examples of the great progress being made).

Given our working capital is in good health and we don’t need day to day funding anymore like in previous seasons, I Suspect it’s to do with Edmiston House which was completing around then and is being funded outside normal working capital through various fund raising initiatives and loans.

Otherwise it will be some other specific expenditure it’s ear marked for rather than just £1m for the bank.

I agree, but wasn’t it Robertson who laughed that off, saying it was nowhere near that?

I agree, but wasn’t it Robertson who laughed that off, saying it was nowhere near that?
No, he was referring to the champions league money this season being nowhere near the tabloid figure of £40m. His point was CL qualification alone was similar to the amounts for the Europa cup run. We’ll be looking at a similar turnover this year is my guess and on top
Of that we’ll have the fees received from Bassey and aribo so turnover plus gain on sale of players will be more than £100m for sure in season 22/23

Does this dilute my 2000 shares value...?
:oops:

I never signed this off. My email was down.
Lol.

For those thinking we are awash with money, worth noting that the Club have committed to funding nearly £10m worth of Stadium and building improvements. Not sure if that figure includes NEH or not though. From the Annual Report (Page 60):

31. CAPITAL COMMITMENTS
At the year end, The Group had contracted for stadium and building improvements amounting to £9.63 million.

For those thinking we are awash with money, worth noting that the Club have committed to funding nearly £10m worth of Stadium and building improvements. Not sure if that figure includes NEH or not though. From the Annual Report (Page 60):

31. CAPITAL COMMITMENTS
At the year end, The Group had contracted for stadium and building improvements amounting to £9.63 million.
Yep and have borrowed the money from Bennett

Yep and have borrowed the money from Bennett
Oh I’m aware of that loan mate. It would look that way, given Bennett’s £10m loan. However, let’s not forget that loan simply replaced an earlier one for circa £7m so, whilst it may look likely, I’m not sure we can say for certain. We simply do not know either way. Like his previous loan, ultimately it will have to be paid back. It’s not free money.

Back