Rangers - its the way you defend the charges that bothers me.

hyndlandloyal

To be honest I am shocked at how easily our fans have turned on other fans here and slaughtered them for singing songs. Pathetic. You don't see Polish fans or Italian fans stopping doing anything because of what fucking UEFA and FARE say (whoever the %^*& they are). I think its a nonsense and we should stick together and %^*& them and protest at UEFA at every opportunity whatever the consequences.

Why the %^*& should we change anything because of FARE. I'd be very interested to know who is behind that lot anyway. Vanguard Bears have been tweeting some very interesting stuff on that organisation, and here we are turning on Union Bears over songs we have sung for years because of dodgy and politically motivated fuckers like FARE. Really? One slap on the wrist and we have rolled over like pussies. You certainly don't see Polish, Italian ultras behaving like this. About time we stuck together and sing whatever the %^*& we like.

legalbeagle

To be honest I am shocked at how easily our fans have turned on other fans here and slaughtered them for singing songs. Pathetic. You don't see Polish fans or Italian fans stopping doing anything because of what fucking UEFA and FARE say (whoever the %^*& they are). I think its a nonsense and we should stick together and %^*& them and protest at UEFA at every opportunity whatever the consequences.

Why the %^*& should we change anything because of FARE. I'd be very interested to know who is behind that lot anyway. Vanguard Bears have been tweeting some very interesting stuff on that organisation, and here we are turning on Union Bears over songs we have sung for years because of dodgy and politically motivated fuckers like FARE. Really? One slap on the wrist and we have rolled over like pussies. You certainly don't see Polish, Italian ultras behaving like this. About time we stuck together and sing whatever the %^*& we like.
You want to carry on regardless and get the stadium closed for future games?

Tugay83

I'd like them to gather the evidence that UEFA dont currently have that allows us to ask the pertinent questions regarding a Fenian banner by Celtic supporters and FAREs strange fascination with us and their links to our rivals which puts us at a disadvantage.

Maybe start there and see what comes out of UEFA.
So you don't actually want the songs defended, you want the club to engage in finger-pointing?

HandsomeHead

And if we’re thrown out of Europe altogether this season you’d be okay with that because we stuck together and defied UEFA?

cold

Next upheld complaint the stadium will be closed after that we will be flung out of Europe is that what you want?

GF7

and those that stood by the club through the darkest of times are now thrown under the bus because that mob have decided they need to rock the boat? Is that acceptable?

None of our songs were an issue last season when we weren't a threat to them. What's changed?

Everyone, anyone except BF1.
TBB has been explicitly and specifically banned from being sung by Rangers fans in football grounds in all forms as per the directive from Uefa in 2006. The penalty for singing it in European games was clear, partial closure. Sing it again in European game, stadium closure. Sing it again after that, expulsion from the tournament. We have chucked ourselves under the bus

johnredx

I don't believe ANYONE is asking the Board to support our supporters over songs they have been told will cause the club problems and which lead to this partial closure, But I do expect the Club to ask a perfectly vaild question as to why FARE have reportedly been in attendence at the last 11 Rangers home games in Europe.
Why the scrutiny of Rangers to this extent? not condoning the singing, but apart from that have Rangers supporters attacked visiting players? have the supporters thrown flares onto the field of play? what reason does FARE have for attending so many Rangers Matches?
We have a right to know why this organisation are placing so much scrutiny onto Rangers and their supporters.

Tougherthanbullets

Its UEFA's ball. We play by their rules, thats it.

As I understand it,

First strike : partial stadium closure
Second strike : complete closure
Third strike : out of the competition.

The consequences of 2 and 3 are really severe.

Buckle down, do as we're told, sort ourselves out and we'll be ok
Act like dicks and we will suffer.....fans and club. Make no mistake.

Bear all

Is that the Nuclear option wow we will really show UEFA not to mess with us when we are sitting with no European football maybe even Cl football next season.

hyndlandloyal

Its UEFA's ball. We play by their rules, thats it.

As I understand it,

First strike : partial stadium closure
Second strike : complete closure
Third strike : out of the competition.

The consequences of 2 and 3 are really severe.

Buckle down, do as we're told, sort ourselves out and we'll be ok
Act like dicks and we will suffer.....fans and club. Make no mistake.

Yes I get all that, but this is more than TBB. This is an attack by some dodgy left wing group on Rangers and everything we stand for. Go and look at the Vanguard Bears tweets on who is behind FARE. Videos all over twitter of FARE directors abusing British Military who were parading at Emirates Stadium. FARE are dodgy and we are being attacked by a group who hate what we stand for.

We should not be rolling over in my opinion and should stand together to defend our club and culture. Cannot not imagine Polish, Italian Ultras allowing this under any circumstances. In my opinion we are being soft as shite and we should be sticking together. Close the stadium over a song. Not a chance. They would shit themselves if they did that and 45,000 of us were outside protesting. The only way to fight shit like this is to stick together and not accept it, or its just another knock and hit to this club heritage. We going to stand for that are we?

hammer-time

I don't believe ANYONE is asking the Board to support our supporters over songs they have been told will cause the club problems and which lead to this partial closure, But I do expect the Club to ask a perfectly vaild question as to why FARE have reportedly been in attendence at the last 11 Rangers home games in Europe.
Why the scrutiny of Rangers to this extent? not condoning the singing, but apart from that have Rangers supporters attacked visiting players? have the supporters thrown flares onto the field of play? what reason does FARE have for attending so many Rangers Matches?
We have a right to know why this organisation are placing so much scrutiny onto Rangers and their supporters.

EXACTLY!

hammer-time

Yes I get all that, but this is more than TBB. This is an attack by some dodgy left wing group on Rangers and everything we stand for. Go and look at the Vanguard Bears tweets on who is behind FARE. Videos all over twitter of FARE directors abusing British Military who were parading at Emirates Stadium. FARE are dodgy and we are being attacked by a group who hate what we stand for.

We should not be rolling over in my opinion and should stand together to defend our club and culture. Cannot not imagine Polish, Italian Ultras allowing this under any circumstances. In my opinion we are being soft as shite and we should be sticking together. Close the stadium over a song. Not a chance. They would shit themselves if they did that and 45,000 of us were outside protesting. The only way to fight shit like this is to stick together and not accept it, or its just another knock and hit to this club heritage. We going to stand for that are we?

Piara Powar has a close connection to Dermott Desmond's son and has worked for his organisation . We have a right to question the impartiality of FARE and their chief executive and to question why they are targetting our club.

ChiefWahoo

Official Ticketer
So you don't actually want the songs defended, you want the club to engage in finger-pointing?
It doesn't have to be one or the other.
Rangers fans have been caught bang to rights singing a song that has been banned, of course we don't want the club to defend that.

It doesn't mean we aren't allowed to question the lack of impartiality from our accusers.

Unless of course, you don't want the rules applied equally across the board?

Bear all

That's anothe fight against FARE but right now we have to suck it up in afraid, unless getting kicked out of Europe is what everyone agrees with .But you are right FARE have to be investigated they have no impartiality regarding Rangers,its free speech for Celtic but big bad Rangers have to abide by rules made up by them the Club have to be looking for answers why this is so.

baselbear

Official Ticketer

You aren't very loyal , are you?

hyndlandloyal

That's anothe fight against FARE but right now we have to suck it up in afraid, unless getting kicked out of Europe is what everyone agrees with .But you are right FARE have to be investigated they have no impartiality regarding Rangers,its free speech for Celtic but big bad Rangers have to abide by rules made up by them the Club have to be looking for answers why this is so.
Agree mate, but we shouldn't be sucking anything up. Thats the thin end of the wedge and if we accept it now, we have lost. Screw UEFA and FARE and defend our history and heritage at any cost in my opinion. We are Rangers, and they HATE everything we stand for. You only have to Google or Twitter search FARE and its immediately clear who there people are, and we should not lie down under any circumstances for anything they say.

Mbear

UEFA dont care about the word Fenian either but some Celtic minded people at FARE do,and I'm also sure FARE know about the that banner clearly states they are and see themselves as Fenians.
So we shud carry on regardless?

GF7

Agree mate, but we shouldn't be sucking anything up. Thats the thin end of the wedge and if we accept it now, we have lost. Screw UEFA and FARE and defend our history and heritage at any cost in my opinion. We are Rangers, and they HATE everything we stand for. You only have to Google or Twitter search FARE and its immediately clear who there people are, and we should not lie down under any circumstances for anything they say.
Screw Uefa? Not if you want to play in their tournaments.

Uefa hate everything we stand for? I doubt we are even in their top 100 concerns, we are a minor annoyance to them at best for giving them some paperwork.

Zwingli'sSausages

It doesn't have to be one or the other.
Rangers fans have been caught bang to rights singing a song that has been banned, of course we don't want the club to defend that.

It doesn't mean we aren't allowed to question the lack of impartiality from our accusers.

Unless of course, you don't want the rules applied equally across the board?
We do need to go after FARE, but this needs to be played out wisely.
THE most important issue now is to make sure none of these songs and add ons are sung by our support. The consequences of not doing this are far too serious now.
Calling out FARE as we're giving them free hits would be pointless and counter-productive. We need to take this one on the chin, make sure there are no more sanctions and bide our time.

Bear all

Uefa hate everything we stand for? I doubt we are even in their top 100 concerns, we are a minor annoyance to them at best for giving them some paperwork.
Your 100% right it's FARE that are driving this agenda and having a free reign to do so.

hyndlandloyal

So ask yourself why UEFA have partnered with an ultra left wing pressure group like FARE who's directors openly support Palastine and abuse the British Military? Come on! Open your eyes.

millar2318

Regardless of the specifics of any chanting, it cannot be acceptable for anyone to form a pressure group with a specific agenda of penalising the enemies of one club. How many other clubs have FARE reported?
Loads mate, all you need to do is look at uefas disciplinary page and read the judgements. We're not the only team with stadium closures and fines for chanting. FARE operate across the continent

hyndlandloyal

See we are still going round in circles here.

FARE are a joke but they have the ear of Uefa.

Whether we like that or not , it's a fact.

Whilst we give them the ammunition to run with we keep them sustained.

Clean up or act , make them irrelevant and then train our guns on the orcs.
You are completely missing the point here. Its an attack our culture and beliefs by a left wing pressure group who are totally ANTI BRITISH. Them forcing us to stop singing certain songs is exactly what they are after!!! If we do that, FARE and what they believe in have won. We should stop nothing, whatever the consequences. You are letting a very dodgy, left wing British hating pressure group decide what songs the famous Glasgow Rangers sing. Unbelievable we roll over that easy

bornabluenose

You are completely missing the point here. Its an attack our culture and beliefs by a left wing pressure group who are totally ANTI BRITISH. Them forcing us to stop singing certain songs is exactly what they are after!!! If we do that, FARE and what they believe in have won. We should stop nothing, whatever the consequences. You are letting a very dodgy, left wing British hating pressure group decide what songs the famous Glasgow Rangers sing. Unbelievable we roll over that easy
I'm missing nothing , nothing at all ,going by this reply.

Last edited:

the_joker8

Official Ticketer
On Thursday a club official and a fans group must lost every song sung

If UVF is mentioned in coming down the road or Englishman’s betrayal it must to hammered home to uefa its a world war 1 song

We must take the fight to them and fare . The fans have been let down again

Earl of Leven

Official Ticketer
FARE have been at ALL of our home games since last year's qualifiers....and reportedly complained to UEFA that they hadn't fined/banned us before. They are scum, absolute scum.

This doesn't mean we can sing about the Beast of Rome, the Whore of Babylon...or about Fenians, despite it being political and NOT racist (at least get your crimes right UEFA).

Both things are true at the same time...

ChiefWahoo

Official Ticketer
We do need to go after FARE, but this needs to be played out wisely.
THE most important issue now is to make sure none of these songs and add ons are sung by our support. The consequences of not doing this are far too serious now.
Calling out FARE as we're giving them free hits would be pointless and counter-productive. We need to take this one on the chin, make sure there are no more sanctions and bide our time.
Exactly how it should pan out.
Being honest, I have zero faith that it will.

For all the good the board have done, they are still Murray-esque negligent when it comes to defending the club or fans.

Tougherthanbullets

FARE have UEFA's ear but there is nothing we can do about that. Stop giving FARE reasons to report us and their work dries up, their funding runs out. We can help kill FARE by cutting out the stupid songs that are neither part of our history or heritage, as someone else suggested. We need to box clever.

ecossebear

Take up your protest with UEFA personally then and not in the name of the club. Post your favourite songs on twitter and Facebook and tag them in on it. Take up your argument with police Scotland that it’s not racist when they are arresting you for it. Start up a wee rendition of TBB in the courtroom when your getting charged and explain you won’t be told what you can and can’t sing. That way you get your protest and the rest of us fans don’t lose out on seeing our team.