Rangers keeper Allan McGregor loses SFA appeal bid

Won't go down well on here but my original opinion was he was lucky to not get a red at the time and I wouldn't have been surprised to see this happening. I've seen it several times since and have the same opinion.

We are being treated differently and I hope the club can do something about it but IMO this incident is not the one to hold up to scrutiny

Enough is enough. Keepers have been sliding out like that since the game was invented. There is absolutely no other way to take the ball in that situation ffs! If the boy is too thick to move we get done?

It’s gone beyond anti rangers sentiments. It’s now deliberate and openly hating us and trying to belittle us. The media and the football authorities laughing at us as they misuse their power.
Anyone who attends a Scotland game and puts cash into the sfa coffers needs to reconsider.

And how did VAR help in the World Cup Final?

In football poor decisions will happen, if they happen in an instant - it is what it is - in some ways thats how it should be.

We need to do all we can to adjust the angle and remove the power that has been afforded to the compliance officer, we should do that by putting a logical, reasoned alternative such as VAR the way the football world is moving.

It is a sound grounding to come from to show we want parity and transparency, that offers a solution to what has been an ongoing issue to many with refs in this country for years.

Is that their official line that “Madden didn’t see it?”. If so, there is a picture in which Madden is clearly looking at it unobstructed so that’s just another clear lie.

in the last week

Ferguson two footed on McGregor - not upgraded
Power kicks Jacks head - not upgraded
Simunovic assault - not cited
Brown wild challenge - not upgraded
Burke dive - not cited
McGinn forearm smash - not upgraded
McGregor - cited

3 decisions didn't weaken Celtic
1 decision weakened Rangers
3 decisions had no effect really on Celtic so no citing/upgraded

Add Morelos ban to the list too

At least we have it confirmed now.

Confirmed that this Compliance Officer post is a sham - a mechanism used by our enemies to fuck us over, after the event.

Madden clearly seen the incident and thought nothing of it.

Double standards here. We are being shafted by this bunch.

What can we actually do about it though? Strongly worded statements from the club aren’t working.
He didn't see the follow through or contact thats why he played on.So its not really his fault on that one.

Won't go down well on here but my original opinion was he was lucky to not get a red at the time and I wouldn't have been surprised to see this happening. I've seen it several times since and have the same opinion.

We are being treated differently and I hope the club can do something about it but IMO this incident is not the one to hold up to scrutiny

it most certainly is if:

Power
Ferguson
Brown
Simunovic
McGinn

all should have seen red and they weren't looked at/brushed away

Rangers must demand an explanation as to how these decisions have come about, it’s simply not good enough to accept that this woman, with no football experience, can simply make ad hoc decisions.

It’s the one way inconsistencies that is the big concern here.

They’ve literally just condoned Power kicking Jack in the face at head height with excessive force but then ban McGregor for this.

We are now seeing the full effects of the relentless mentally challenged and media pressure.

There are only 3 options available, as far as I can see.

1. Accept decision publicly, and state our displeasure in private.
  2. Issue a public statement condemning the decision and process.
  3. Take it to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
There’s not one of these options that I personally find more desirable than the others but I can’t see any others.

Accepting the decision without mention will leave many feeling aggrieved. Another statement will most likely achieve nothing, and the third option will appear like a huge overreaction, which if unsuccessful may only weaken our position further in future cases.

I wish there was a simple answer of, ‘this is what we should do’ but I can’t see it. All I know is that this cannot continue the way it is currently operating.

Doesn't surprise me, I expected something after the incident itself.
However given the ridiculous decision to uphold the Morelos ban and that there has now been plenty incidents since, including one from Ferguson himself in the same match that have gone unpunished.it is absolutely fucking reeking of Shite

SFA claim Madden never seen it yet the footage and photos show him clearly looking straight at the incident.

Shocking from the SFA
Just watched it again and Madeen has a totally clear view. Another one lying to suit an agenda?

Shaggers foot is up to avoid the ball, Ferguson runs into it.

We have no choice but to accept the decision. We can stamp and shout and huff but truth is we are powerless to do anything about this unless we get support from other teams. That is not forthcoming.

Only way forward here is to publically expose every week the decisions that the compliance officer should be looking at and put the clips on the website of the issues she does cite and the ones she doesn’t.

It will build the picture and ramp up pressure. However not much else we can do and I am sure they will punish us for that’s as well.

I agree

But as you know this is not about the challenge

Also worth pointing out McGregor is earning a reputation of leaving a bit in in one to ones. He has got off with a few dubious moments and should take a think about it.

Enough bias against us without making it easy for them

Can we demand an explanation from wee Clare on her decision?

Overruling a referee when he was looking right at the incident. She clearly thinks she knows more about these issues than our referees.

She needs to be brought to task on this and give an explanation.

I just don’t see how Simunovic and Brown aren’t cited when their offences were both worse than those of Morelos and McGregor.

And is this “compliance officer” honestly saying that McGregors challenge was worse than Power’s?

This is a complete farce, a shocking system which is currently being abused to punish Rangers.

No surprise. We're closer than they would like us to be at the top and you can expect a few more of these if they get the chance. Just remember you can kick someone in the face or elbow someone off the ball but cant extend your leg out at all when claiming the ball

There are only 3 options available, as far as I can see.

1. Accept decision publicly, and state our displeasure in private.
  2. Issue a public statement condemning the decision and process.
  3. Take it to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
There’s not one of these options that I personally find more desirable than the others but I can’t see any others.

Accepting the decision without mention will leave many feeling aggrieved. Another statement will most likely achieve nothing, and the third option will appear like a huge overreaction, which if unsuccessful may only weaken our position further in future cases.

I wish there was a simple answer of, ‘this is what we should do’ but I can’t see it. All I know is that this cannot continue the way it is currently operating.
No 2 & 3 for me.

We start crowding the ref at every decision
Anonymous press releases slating the authorities
Yes/No answers to the hacks. Refuse to discuss anything but the game, unless another team has a dig. Then we reciprocate
Threats of legal action if we don't get out way. Use the above anonymous statements

It works for other teams. It we get cited, lawyer up and take it to UEFA/CAS, citing bias to a title rival

I don't think you will have many who disagree with you in regards to Allan being lucky to get away with the challenge at the time.

I think what people on here have a problem with is not that our players are getting punished for selected incidents, but that others are getting away for similar or worse incidents.

Back