Rangers keeper Allan McGregor loses SFA appeal bid

So...Just another statement then?
I guess a statement is the only place they can start. However, the statement needs to be followed up by action. Like other clubs do - demand a meeting with the SFA etc. and force them to explain why they think the events we're all talking about are different. Explain to us why they choose to ignore some events and take a lot of focus on ours. Present them with the evidence and ask them to explain.

Simple fact is our club cannot just letting the bias continue and need to do something.

There are a lot of people involved with our club that are a lot smarter than me. There are some who are actually paid to look after the interests of the club. I suggest they come up with something rather than me.

Just a farce but I’m not surprised in the slightest as I didn’t expect justice from the corrupt system.

This is blatant victimisation of Rangers FC and its players. It will surely have an effect on how we go into 50/50 challenges from now on, the opposition wont hold back though they will be safe in the knowledge of escaping any punishment from the corrupt cabal making the rules.

This is a worrying development, not sure how the club can change things. Anything they say or challenge will just result in another fine.

Have they even realised a statement.
Not even done that yet, I was just assuming that's what they would do. They have come out with strong statements in the past but never followed it up.

Maybe I've jumped the gun a wee bit, sorry

Edit. Looks like they have just released a statement and it's far from a strong statement

Cards on the table.

I thought at the time if a penalty had been given and McGregor was sent off he could have little complaint even the 2 game ban I cant overly argue with.

My issue is there is no consistency if mcginn and power are deemed ok when they have hit people in the head how the hell can McGregor be deemed dangerous hitting the guys shin.

But who do we complain? We criticise the SFA etc we get fined and ridiculed. The ship has sailed I honestly dont know where we go from here

Rangers are reffed differently, the CO treats us differently, I see no reason VAR would change things. We will see red for everything while opposition players continue to kick our players in the head.

Not unexpected as is the flaccid statement.

Something more along the lines we are disgusted with the entire situation from citation, process and the outcome and will be making moves to eradicate the highly contentious decisions made by this panel in future.

The compliance officer role must end, we are a joke nation at football, it's truly pathetic.

And yes, McGregor should retire from international matches or even better, throw a match then retire.

Rangers are reffed differently, the CO treats us differently, I see no reason VAR would change things. We will see red for everything while opposition players continue to kick our players in the head.
Two of our best players suspended, funny that :mad: Kent will be next in one way or another :mad:

I concur, he will get his leg broken and will be cited for intentional and excessive use of force with his leg on the opponents studs.

The message has been sent out by the governing bodies, Rangers players are fair game and NO fault or punishment will be incurred.

Good game to miss if recent history is anything to go by.

How many shots on target will Killie have, one, two, three maximum.
It's not ideal having McGregor out of this game, as Foderingham is not as good in my opinion.
Clarke will have Brophy and Findlay back.

Ok not happy but with McGregor. I'm a ref and at the time I thought it was dodgy.
You cannot come out leg straight off the ground with studs snowing. If you had VAR
It would have been red an a pen. That anywhere else on the field player would be off.
Studs into a player's face is also a straight red, but nothing happened to Power

It's the double standard we're complaining about

Corrupt the the core. They don't even hide it and it's only going to get worse.

%^*& the SPFL, the SFA, evey single 19th Century Terrorist involved in Scottish football and the every club in this country. I hope you get your comeuppance.

I haven't a clue what Rangers can do about this, it's not for me to decide. The only thing I felt I could do was to stop attending away games. I spend my money on Rangers games, merchandise, rising stars, lotto... instead of giving it to these scumbags.

* before any one gets on their high horse, I will never tell a fellow supporter what to do, we've all got opinions and it's a free world. I love and respect our away support and I wish I was still a part of it.

For me the problem here isn't the McGregor red card, or the dismissal of the appeal because I thought it was a red card.

The problem here is the sheer lack of consistency from the SFA across other similar incidents and the complete disregard when they have an opportunity to make it right in those incidents.

For me the problem here isn't the McGregor red card, or the dismissal of the appeal because I thought it was a red card.

The problem here is the sheer lack of consistency from the SFA across other similar incidents and the complete disregard when they have an opportunity to make it right in those incidents.

Yep, there's been a lot of shit decisions but the Powers one defies belief. Studs to the head, it's difficult to think of a more clear red card

Fúcking joke
Did we expect anything else from that fkn shower ? They are determined to stop us winning anything especially the league with the manky bastards getting closer to the 10 iar
The club should be going absolutely fucking tonto. We've been cited for two incidents recently that shouldn't have been anything more than a yellow card if anything at all. One player has been given a 3 match ban and the other a 2 match ban.

Meanwhile. Powers got on with trying to kick one of our players head's off. Brown tried to snap someone's leg and Simunovic tried to see just how far through someone's face he could stick his elbow. There wasn't sufficient evidence for Powers and the other two weren't even considered for discussion by the SFA or Compliance Officer.

It's a disgrace and our club just keeps letting it happen. Rangers make themselves an easy target.

They should be shouting from the rooftops that this is not acceptable and that they want an explanation in full and publicly to why these decisions only appear to happen one way.
Time for the supporters to protest outside that den of spineless cowardly bastards to let them know we won't stand for it .

Sorry if I have missed a previous explanation. What games does AMcG miss? Notice various statements saying Kilmarnock replay. I thought Scottish Cup was deemed to be a different competition. Clarification would be appreciated. Thank you.

in the last week

Ferguson two footed on McGregor - not upgraded
Power kicks Jacks head - not upgraded
Simunovic assault - not cited
Brown wild challenge - not upgraded
Burke dive - not cited
McGinn forearm smash - not upgraded
McGregor - cited

3 decisions didn't weaken Celtic
1 decision weakened Rangers
3 decisions had no effect really on Celtic so no citing/upgraded

Once again its our own fault.

Rangers dont seem interested in keeping records of the bias, double standards and lies by the press, media and authorities. It makes it so easy for our enemies and Ive just about had enough. What's the point in supporting a club that is shit scared to defend its own players, fans and reputation?

I wonder what the next embarrassment will be?

Ok not happy but with McGregor. I'm a ref and at the time I thought it was dodgy.
You cannot come out leg straight off the ground with studs snowing. If you had VAR
It would have been red an a pen. That anywhere else on the field player would be off.

apart from scott brown on candeias

Which games will Alan miss?

The dice are loaded against us chaps they know they are not getting terry munro without a helping hand from the authorities.

You have to applaud Lawwell for his vision and control of the game. He made sure that he got placemen in the media, he handpicks the guys that control the rules and enforce them entirely for the benefit of his club.

It’s a PR machine that’d be the envy of the Chinese government.

Hopefully together our squad, management and all executives in our club are now in full sight of what we are up against. Once we are fully aware of the game we can start to use it to our advantage.

Our strategies are based on old thinking as an organisation we need to pull together and find a way through this maze of deceit.

Back