Rangers keeper Allan McGregor loses SFA appeal bid

mdingwall

Administrator
https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news...lan-mcgregor-loses-sfa-appeal-bid/?ref=twtrec

By Christopher Jack @Chris_Jack89 21 mins ago
RANGERS keeper Allan McGregor will serve a two-game ban after losing his Scottish FA appeal case today.

SportTimes understands the 36-year-old has been unsuccessful in his attempts to reverse the punishment that was offered by Compliance Officer Clare Whyte.

McGregor attended a hearing at Hampden to put forward his case after being cited for a challenge on Lewis Ferguson during Rangers’ win over Aberdeen at Pittodrie.
But boss Steven Gerrard will now be without his first choice keeper for matches Saturday’s clash with St Johnstone in the Premiership and the Scottish Cup fifth-round replay against Kilmarnock last week.

I have never been a fan but I wouldn't mind us starting to push on VAR and the requirement and need for it in this country to obtain parity.

Money is one of the few things likely to see shock change culture of sorts in that the idea of spending money will likely make the SFA shit them self and possibly be more pragmatic in their decision making.

it arrests control of decision if it comes in and removes a lot of ambiguity as to why decisions are made.

What can we actually do about it?
The club should be going absolutely fucking tonto. We've been cited for two incidents recently that shouldn't have been anything more than a yellow card if anything at all. One player has been given a 3 match ban and the other a 2 match ban.

Meanwhile. Powers got on with trying to kick one of our players head's off. Brown tried to snap someone's leg and Simunovic tried to see just how far through someone's face he could stick his elbow. There wasn't sufficient evidence for Powers and the other two weren't even considered for discussion by the SFA or Compliance Officer.

It's a disgrace and our club just keeps letting it happen. Rangers make themselves an easy target.

They should be shouting from the rooftops that this is not acceptable and that they want an explanation in full and publicly to why these decisions only appear to happen one way.

I have never been a fan but I wouldn't mind us starting to push on VAR and the requirement and need for it in this country to obtain parity.

Money is one of the few things likely to see shock change culture of sorts in that the idea of spending money will likely make the SFA shit them self and possibly be more pragmatic in their decision making.

it arrests control of decision if it comes in and removes a lot of ambiguity as to why decisions are made.

How would VAR help? They review the decision and send him off anyway!

VAR will be brought in to Scotland to punish us more not to help the game.

How would VAR help? They review the decision and send him off anyway!

It affords a more open platform and limits the decision to that of the referee on the park in real time rather than decisions being made retrospectively with media hype and the need to please attached to them - it removes the trial by Sportscene element of it.

The club should be going absolutely fucking tonto. We've been cited for two incidents recently that shouldn't have been anything more than a yellow card if anything at all. One player has been given a 3 match ban and the other a 2 match ban.

Meanwhile. Powers got on with trying to kick one of our players head's off. Brown tried to snap someone's leg and Simunovic tried to see just how far through someone's face he could stick his elbow. There wasn't sufficient evidence for Powers and the other two weren't even considered for discussion by the SFA or Compliance Officer.

It's a disgrace and our club just keeps letting it happen. Rangers make themselves an easy target.

They should be shouting from the rooftops that this is not acceptable and that they want an explanation in full and publicly to why these decisions only appear to happen one way.

in the last week

Ferguson two footed on McGregor - not upgraded
Power kicks Jacks head - not upgraded
Simunovic assault - not cited
Brown wild challenge - not upgraded
Burke dive - not cited
McGinn forearm smash - not upgraded
McGregor - cited

3 decisions didn't weaken Celtic
1 decision weakened Rangers
3 decisions had no effect really on Celtic so no citing/upgraded

It affords a more open platform and limits the decision to that of the referee on the park in real time rather than decisions being made retrospectively with media hype and the need to please attached to them - it removes the trial by Sportscene element of it.

i bet it benefits one team massively

Madden clearly seen the incident and thought nothing of it.

Double standards here. We are being shafted by this bunch.

What can we actually do about it though? Strongly worded statements from the club aren’t working.

i bet it benefits one team massively

I don't agree with that - "on the park" I am convinced by the idea refs are bent etc, shit, some are really shit but it should at least afford and arrest control of decisions to the referee.

We should be doing what we can to marginalize the use of a compliance officer.

So who ask the referee to refer it to VAR? Charlie Richmond? Steve Conroy? Who sits in the truck? And having referred it to VAR, does the referee ignore it or overrule his original decision?

You're working on the assumption that VAR is some independent process rather than, potentially, another biased observer.

We are being held to a different standard than the rest, its blatant. I think the club should be looking to involve lawyers and bring these corrupt bastards to task. No amount of statements or dignified silences are gonna rectify this situation. An absolute disgrace.

Can you be more specific than "the club should be going tonto"?

Madden clearly seen the incident and thought nothing of it.

Double standards here. We are being shafted by this bunch.

What can we actually do about it though? Strongly worded statements from the club aren’t working.

This is the thing too, the refs are getting f***ed over with this bitch as well. They are questioning their decisions too...well mostly if it involves us

It will just be mentally challengeds using var as well mate, won't help us one bit

So who ask the referee to refer it to VAR? Charlie Richmond? Steve Conroy? Who sits in the truck? And having referred it to VAR, does the referee ignore it or overrule his original decision?

You're working on the assumption that VAR is some independent process rather than, potentially, another biased observer.

I am because if you act from the premise of logic all things are simply done from the place of bias we would rarely win games of football if such bias went that deep.

We knew what the outcome was going to be,but I'm amazed that other incidents over the weekend and last Wednesday weren't called to be looked at,this is what makes it appear as we are getting a raw deal,as a club surely we can put out a statement voicing our concern over what appears to be double standards,dignified silence has got us no where.

Is there another country in the world were a Woman with no football expertise or backround referees matches after their compleition on an Ad-Hoc Basis? No wonder we are a footballing backwater and a laughing stock.

There is no consistency in these decisions. No right or wrong and players are being banned basically when Clare Whyte feels like it.

I am because if you act from the premise of logic all things are simply done from the place of bias we would rarely win games of football if such bias went that deep.

And how did VAR help in the World Cup Final?

Can you be more specific than "the club should be going tonto"?
You're right. I should be coming up with what Rangers should do. Is this the kind of attitude that keeps Rangers sitting there doing absolutely nothing.

Firstly they should make it clear the decision was a disgrace. It was not worthy of a card never mind a 2 match ban. Morelos' "stamp" wasn't worthy of a yellow card and he's ended up with a 3 match ban. One of players genuinely had his life put in danger by a fellow pro who took no consideration before a high foot went right into Jack's head. Nothing happens to Powers. In fact, he was raging that it was even pointed out at the time - kicking someone in the head is OK.

Not in the least bit surprised but how in the name of %^*&. Does shagger get cited and power doesn't for his kungfu kick on Ryan Jack. Im honestly not wanting to end up a paranoid wreck like your usual yahoo. But the more things that happen to rangers the more im starting to come down on the side of an agenda against rangers.

Back