Rangers keeper Wes Foderingham looks certain to quit Ibrox this summer

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
WES FODERINGHAM looks certain to quit Rangers this summer. The Ibrox keeper kept a clean sheet against St Johnstone after replacing the banned Allan McGregor.

But Foderingham knows opportunities are limited for him, with Scotland star McGregor the established No1. He said: “I won’t put a timescale on it. I’ll look at all the options that are available to me and make decisions based on that.

We will see where we are at the end of the season.” Foderingham made only his second Premiership appearance of the season on Saturday and has already told Steven Gerrard he needs more games. With the Ibrox boss unable to give any guarantees, it seems likely Foderingham will move on at the end of the season. The 28-year-old said: “We have had discussions and he knows I want to play."

But I also know Allan is playing really well, so it’s a difficult situation I’m in. “I’m here till the end of the season, so we will review it then.” Foderingham is likely to keep his place against Kilmarnock on Wednesday, while he will also face Hamilton at the weekend.
But McGregor would be clear to return against Dundee at the end of the month with Foderingham admitting: “It’s very difficult to come back in. But I’m always going to back the team. I’m always going to back Allan.

Listen, I see myself as a No1 keeper, so sitting on the sidelines every week is not ideal, but I’m a professional. I train hard. I work hard and when I get an opportunity to play, I try to do myself justice. “Fortunately enough for me, in the games I’ve played, I think I’ve fared well.”

This is from The Sun.
It seems to be saying McGregor misses the next 2 games. I thought he was ok to play at Hamilton next weekend.

Wouldn't be like them to get their facts wrong :rolleyes:

Didn't think McGregor misses the Hamilton game?
I thought he missed the cup game on Wednesday ( which in itself is baffling as I thought you had to serve the suspension in the same.competition you picked the red up in)

He is a good GK and is too good for being a number 2. Fair play to him and good luck if he does go. He is a good shot stoper but his distrubution for the majority of yday and other games have been poor.

I like Wes he grew in to being a Rangers player.When he arrived he played solidly,stopping shots you would expect him to then gradually began to pull off some wonder saves like the one he had on Saturday.Also his distribution is about the best I have seen from any keeper.

I think it'd be more in the region of £500-750k. How long does he have left on his contract?

He was done for violent conduct which is served in all competitions.
Alfie was.violent conduct. Automatic next game then ban to be served in the completion the card occured in. Hence why he can play on Wednesday and then is back out next league game .
McGregor was violent conduct? That was the same as sticking the nut on someone?

He is a good GK and is too good for being a number 2. Fair play to him and good luck if he does go. He is a good shot stoper but his distrubution for the majority of yday and other games have been poor.
I
A good shot stopper?... seriously I've never seen a Rangers keeper lose so many goals from outside the box.

Having watched Rangers for more than 50 years he is one of the worst keepers i have seen.

No matter what you think of his goal keeping abilities the guy is a class act

To my knowledge he’s never spit the dummy out once

His presence means to quote Gerrard we have two number ones

He can hold his head high

He’s handled an awkward transition impecably

Goalkeeper was one of the first positions that needed addressed in the summer because he wasn’t good enough for rangers no.1
I wouldn’t bat an eye lid if he left.

Ill add Ally Maxwell and Lee Robinson to that list.Without even trying that’s 6 from the recent past that are far worse
Well I’m 72 Brown was keeper whe I first started going to games but don’t remember much about him . Niven do remember well great keeper anyway Wes is a good solid keeper doesn’t let us down and without being disrespectful can’t how someone can say worst keeper to play for the Gers.

It also looks as if Wes is telling the manager he should be his number 1. Last season I was of the opinion that Wes was the best shot stopper in the league, his flaw was the cross ball; at the weekend he looked far better with those. Two goalkeepers who want to be number 1 is good for the team.

As has been mentioned, he's too good to be sitting on the bench every week in Scotland and he's at an age now were he needs to be playing as well. He should go with everyones wishes, the guy is a class act and carries himself like a Rangers player on and off the field.

Would be a shame as he is good enough to be our first choice keeper and McGregor might only have another season or so left in him.

Back