Rangers keeper Wes Foderingham looks certain to quit Ibrox this summer

He wasn't great, but seeing him on the same list as Simonsen and Bell is bordering on cruel. ;)
Hahahahaha. Also mate it’s not the fact whether they were all shite or not, it’s the fact that they were all worse keepers than fod, who is a very able first team keeper when the poster said he was the worst he’d seen in over 50 years, which is just balderdash.

Good.

Absolute mental with hindsight he was a Rangers number 1. In my 31 years on planet we have nearly always had a great keeper.

Wes was utter dross, a loser who played cause he could "pass" the ball. Couldnt save shots on target though.

Dross, McGregor is 50 times the keeper.

Having watched Rangers for more than 50 years he is one of the worst keepers i have seen.
Myhre, Christiansen, Letizi, Robinson, Bell, Simonsen were considerably worse, and that's just the last 20 years. Neil Alexander post 2011-ish was worse as well.

Also, he's probably the best keeper in the league outside of Rangers and possibly Celtic.

Myhre, Christiansen, Letizi, Robinson, Bell, Simonsen were considerably worse, and that's just the last 20 years. Neil Alexander post 2011-ish was worse as well.

Also, he's probably the best keeper in the league outside of Rangers and possibly Celtic.

The medics are on the way to help you. He cant save a shot from outside his box, cant organise his defence, opposition strikers know he is sh1t low to his left at close range.

The medics are on the way to help you. He cant save a shot from outside his box, cant organise his defence, opposition strikers know he is sh1t low to his left at close range.
Which part of my statement was wrong?

I was never that comfortable with Fod in goal, he can do a job somewhere else though no doubt.

Make a bit of money on him and move on.

Bell was doing okay until he chucked that one in against Motherwell, wasn't great at coming off his line right enough but generally okay

that's because we are seen as a soft touch when it comes to selling our players
Soft touch ? Selling a goalie who has only played in the 3rd tier of English football and below ? Swindon Town as his highest level ? Get real, we'll be lucky to get 500k.

Cammy bell
Steve simonsen
Nicky Walker
Lionel letizi

I’m sure I’ve missed a couple but you get my drift.

You can remove Nicky walker from that list . Walker was a decent goalkeeper for his time . Not great , but decent .

Maxwell and simonsen are the worst I’ve seen for us .

Foseringham was the absolute drizzling shits.

During the period of the comedy years, which with hindsight continued on during the Pedro and Warburton era we had these players who would come along and a tiny percent of posters on here would keep trying to convince people there was actually a player in there.

It started with Faure, passed on to Mohsni and eventually to Foderingham, and then to king of the there is "a player in there" Pena despite all evidence on the big green thing showing there to be no player there.

Cammy bell
Steve simonsen
Nicky Walker
Lionel letizi

I’m sure I’ve missed a couple but you get my drift.

Theo Snelders. Ally Maxwell. Jesper Chrstiansen.

I'm no Wes fan but there's been far worse. We've had four great goalies in Woods, Goram, Klos and McGregor over a 30 year period with a couple of able deputies like Neil Alexander.

There have been plenty of others who were far worse than Wes for all his faults.

Last edited:
He is a good GK and is too good for being a number 2. Fair play to him and good luck if he does go. He is a good shot stoper but his distrubution for the majority of yday and other games have been poor.

You’ve sat watching McGregor all season yet have an issue with Wes’ distribution o_O
He’s second only to Wattereus imo for distribution from a Rangers GK, not his fault he’s got limited options to hit

We should sell him for a decent fee and replace with with McCrorie if he is ready, if not bring in someone like Liam Kelly as back up to Greegs.

He's too valuable an asset to not be playing. I just hope we don't sell him for buttons.

Back