Rangers kids Nathan Patterson and Kai Kennedy reflect on 'unbelievable' debuts!

I thought Kai was unlucky not to get on a little quicker, but he showed some good touches. Will be hard for him to get minutes this year with the league so tight

In his post-match interview, SG said he wanted to give him at least 30 minutes. Unfortunately we weren't in a position to. Probably another of the reasons the manager seem irritated at the end.

Went along to uefa youth league match recently and seen young Kai for the 1st time, he was tremendous, a very exciting prospect.

Great to hear things like this and @MearnsUnionist posts have me salivating at the prospects.

Recall watching them walk up from HTC a few years back with their big kit bags. Seen them in the burnbrae couple of times. So promising they seem sensible enough to be real Rangers.

To recognise the scale of their opportunities here must be driving them mad in desperation, although I think there will exist a real understanding throughout the full squad that (especially for us) development pathways are subservient to league success.

With The Gaffer, they will be left clear on where they stand. No bluster. No fluffy plaudits. Just.... If you get your opportunity Son. Then LET'S GO!

Great to hear things like this and @MearnsUnionist posts have me salivating at the prospects.

Recall watching them walk up from HTC a few years back with their big kit bags. Seen them in the burnbrae couple of times. So promising they seem sensible enough to be real Rangers.

To recognise the scale of their opportunities here must be driving them mad in desperation, although I think there will exist a real understanding throughout the full squad that (especially for us) development pathways are subservient to league success.

With The Gaffer, they will be left clear on where they stand. No bluster. No fluffy plaudits. Just.... If you get your opportunity Son. Then LET'S GO!

As I said in a previous thread, Nathan's dad and uncle joined us in the Grapes on Friday night after the game and were rightly a very proud dad and uncle.

However, both said that the hard work starts now for him.

They're both ex military, hard as %^*&, but honest as the day is long and very disciplined.

It's pretty clear Nathan has got the same qualities, particularly the discipline, as he was straight home to his kip after the game, knackered!!!

Is Mayo the best of the defensive prospects (apart from Nathan)?

Don't see much of them myself
You also have the LB - Maxwell and Leon King.

Ross McCrorie as well. I think he will be a great utility man in the coming years. Not many players can competently play 3 positions (RB, CB, CM). He might not become the star we hoped but his versatility will definitely come in handy in long tiring seasons.

As I said in a previous thread, Nathan's dad and uncle joined us in the Grapes on Friday night after the game and were rightly a very proud dad and uncle.

However, both said that the hard work starts now for him.

They're both ex military, hard as %^*&, but honest as the day is long and very disciplined.

It's pretty clear Nathan has got the same qualities, particularly the discipline, as he was straight home to his kip after the game, knackered!!!

I know that MU mate, my youngest is a member of the grapes as well.

Just can't make my mind up - should he be an automatic start?

Thank goodness for the Gaffer.

I know that MU mate, my youngest is a member of the grapes as well.

Just can't make my mind up - should he be an automatic start?

Thank goodness for the Gaffer.

He's still only 18 GG and raw around the edges.

He's still a bit off Tav's overall level yet, but I know he watches Tav as close as he possibly can and is learning off him.

To be working close up, alongside the best Rangers right back since Gary Stevens is bound to improve his game.

The lad is determined to be the best he possibly can.

Patterson could be a good full back in the future but I think he lacks a bit of pace for that position then again Tavernier is really quick

He looked very quick on Friday. Especially on the one occasion in the second half where he needed to get back and was there in a flash. Be stunned if pace is an issue for him

We can't compete with the big leagues financially but if we can show the youngsters there is a clear path to the 1st team I would hope this would encourage more to stay. We'll done to the boys the other night!!

What I liked about Nathan was how he was obviously tiring towards the end of the game but you could see he was giving everything he had to still get into wide positions going forward and getting back when the passage of play broke down.

We don't have the money to buy ready made top class internationals which means these youngsters will be given every opportunity. It is up to them to take it and I trust they will.

“It was surreal, walking out in front of 40,000 fans for the club I love, it was just a great feeling."

Says it all for me, well done wee man! :)

What I liked about Nathan was how he was obviously tiring towards the end of the game but you could see he was giving everything he had to still get into wide positions going forward and getting back when the passage of play broke down.

Just to say I love your avatar - "Lets go Raptors" "We The North" :))

He's still only 18 GG and raw around the edges.

He's still a bit off Tav's overall level yet, but I know he watches Tav as close as he possibly can and is learning off him.

To be working close up, alongside the best Rangers right back since Gary Stevens is bound to improve his game.

The lad is determined to be the best he possibly can.

What a fantastic development (not intending to take off topic sorry, but can resist).

My youngest is good friends with him and hasn't got a clue nothing said. Our Club have buttoned up the previous leaks we suffered from. I love that.

Sorry. Wrong question.

Do we have a stato page for development player? Looking for one I thought had signed for us recently.

Last edited:
Hope to see more of them and others if the situations allow. I know we have a lot of players to try keep happy but I'd love us to start giving a youngster at least 20 mins each home game if we are at least 2 goals up.

Watched Patterson in Dubai and he looked comfortable. Mind you, so would I have against that team! Bright future ahead for some of our youngsters.

Hope to be watching them in a successful Rangers team for years to come.

Patterson seems to have the right hunger about him

Back