Rangers kits you would like to see re-imagined.

AS444. The white top with blue and red bands was called the"Floodlight Strip" by the fans. Worn in a European game but can't remember which (old age).
Apart from the REAL Rangers strip this is my favourite

I like a bit of retro myself but there’s a few old codger’s on here who need to accept that a team in 2020 isn’t coming out in a plan blue t-shirt :D
Im all for the iconic 60s v neck jersey and it was well before my time. One of my favourite jersey's in recent years was the 2010/11 top. Obviously in an ideal world they wouldnt be plastered with sponsors but i get that is the world we are in.

Based on the chat from Castore, I think we'll be seeing some of these kits in limited edition rollouts. Also we might find them as fan vote options for the 150th celebrations.

5a79c32b365be_RangersAwayfootballshirt1993-1994.jpg.99409b98ad90fbdf201c43e3eca189c3.jpg
This is still one of my all time faves!

I, as a signed-up auld fart, will simply not take advice from a bloke who thinks that the plural of 'codger' is 'codger's'. :cool:

The Baxter Tap, described by you as a plan blue t-shirt, is the most iconic in the history of our club.

Merely jesting, brother.

Although in a serious sense, modern day sponsorship requirements etc do mean that a top of such nature is unlikely to be seen again.

I know Toffs.com did Rangers retro kits years ago,but selection of kits are limited.Mayb e search on other sites may help posters.

This is the Rangers top right here. Together with black and red socks with an inch of black showing at the top.
I was told from a very young age thst if i was wearing rangers socks they should be folded so that inch of black showed at the top. Still do it now.

Reactions: 413
The old goalie top with the front of the main stand on it? I'm not making that one up am I? was an orangey colour

96-97 season I'm sure it was

I had a mate who used to wear one in the early sixties.
Fck knows where he got it from.
He now lives in England and follows Rugby Union.
I will ask him next time I see him.

Were they not made of silk, or such like? Something to do with the floodlights at Ibrox?

Also, I think we wore something similar in the LC final v Dundee in season 1951/52 (Oct 51)

My favourite will always be the one I grew up with; the v neck of the Baxter era. No re-imagined for me.

I've always loved this one as modelled by the late, great Sandy Jardine:

336773A900000578-3554767-image-m-7_1461368146116.jpg

We suit collars, not sure about the size of those ones these days but I like them!

There's one doing very well on ebay just now.

1996-97-rangers-goalkeeper-shi-2393-1.jpg

It was indeed.
I had every single home away and keeper top from 84 until about mid 2010 or so then got to old for them but the top above with the main stand would be great as a home kit (blue with a darker blue Ibrox in it) i had that kit and the white keeper one as well both were cracking kits…wish i had kept them all

I had every single home away and keeper top from 84 until about mid 2010 or so then got to old for them but the top above with the main stand would be great as a home kit (blue with a darker blue Ibrox in it) i had that kit and the white keeper one as well both were cracking kits…wish i had kept them all
I made one of those in my concept kits. It didn't look as good as I expected to be honest but I loved that Goalie one at the time.

I might be in the minority here but I loved the 85-87 Umbro shirt.

Thought the material looks like it would catch fire if you came close to any heat source I thought the design was clean & tidy and neckline was a clever mix of round neck & Vee neck which looked classy.

I've always loved this one as modelled by the late, great Sandy Jardine:

336773A900000578-3554767-image-m-7_1461368146116.jpg

We suit collars, not sure about the size of those ones these days but I like them!

rang84hslcfpyss_rangers_1984_example_scoredraw.jpg

I prefer simplicity in our home shirts, why mess with perfection after all, but I wouldn't be against a return of the pinstripes for a season.

Purple-Rangers-Top-2015-16.jpg

Designers get a lot more latitude with change kits and I've always thought this was a cool design. It was wasted due to the scumbag Ashley's chokehold on our merchandise and I can't help but remember Ricky Foster wearing it, but I would like to see another purple effort.
Edit. Comment posted 3 years ago lol

Cracking top. A little before my time. But the white away one of this is absolutely lovely.

My favourite top of my generation (1986) is surprisingly the Jelavic/Ness/Andy Little/Naismith cotton Tennents top with the white collar. Cracking top. Nice n simple.

Loved the first Nike one. I'm not as taken as most by the Adidas ones from before.

And, it's not a big hit, but I fucking loved the 55 top with the gold writing. And the black n orange castore one if it didn't fall to bits.

I would like none reimagined.

Im absolutely sick of "retro" style kits

I wouldnt mind if it was every few years, but its tiresome now

give a modern kit, something new, with a bit of thought put into it
I'm of the same mind now but I did post this thread three years ago B-D

Latest posts

Back