Bournemouth Duo have apparently signed

I understand what you're saying.

But we also don't have any player like that in the squad at the minute.

I think Wilson/Gerrard deserve our trust when it comes to these signings.
Of course, won’t hear me saying a bad word against the boys because I trust the recruitment.

Ofoborh is a young, project player, similar category to Bassey. He’ll get time.

Do we think that this means we aren't buying Zungu?
If it is confirmed then I would be asking the same Q as you mate . Plus we are being asked to pay a significant transfer fee to Amiens . Doubts begin to arise .

Re these transfers I have a feeling there is foundation to this story , certainly felt the SG comments were somewhat tame and inviting .

Delighted the club is already looking to strengthen al positions

Midfield is an area I think will need improved as it’s possible Davis won’t be here next season (or limited given his age), jack has his injury issues and I’m not sure how keen they are to make Zungu a permanent signing

Nnamdi Ofoborh and Jack Simpson agree Rangers pre-contracts but Steven Gerrard wants Bournemouth pair at Ibrox this month​

Gerrard is more likely to make a January move for Nigerian midfielder Ofoborh as there is less urgency for defensive cover - and Bournemouth have named their price.

Rangers have agreed pre-contract deals with Bournemouth duo Nnamdi Ofoborh and Jack Simpson – and haven’t ruled out snaring the
pair of them now.

The Ibrox club, who moved a step closer to the title on Saturday with a 5-0 rout of Ross County, are keen on the Cherries pair, who are both free agents this summer.

MailSport understands Rangers have already tied up Bosman moves for the Nigerian midfielder and English centre-back.

But they are now pursuing the possibility of a January swoop for Ofoborh in particular as gaffer Steven Gerrard looks to add more midfield cover for the Premiership run in, especially with Scott Arfield currently injured.

Rangers could strike a deal for Ofoborh similar to the one that got them Glen Kamara when he arrived from Dundee in 2019 and cost them just £50,000.

But MailSport understands that Bournemouth would be looking for a fee in the region of £300,000 for Ofoborh, who has six months left on his current deal with the English Championship outfit.

Excited to have some signings, not sure what to make of these two though as I’ve never seen them play. Defence isn’t a priority, so I’m surprised to bring in Simpson. Ofoborh sounds like an exciting prospect though. I certainly trust our management and scouting department so I’m sure both will be great additions.

Of course, won’t hear me saying a bad word against the boys because I trust the recruitment.

Ofoborh is a young, project player, similar category to Bassey. He’ll get time.

"He'll get time"
Terrible stereotypical remark, 2021 and no longer any need for that :)

Zungu didn't start training with the squad until November, has been good to outright impressive whenever called upon and a few days ago the manager said he is delighted with his contribution so far.

It's getting really boring seeing this take on every thread about our midfield
I think Zungu has been ok most times he has played, can see he has talent just lacking from gane time and potentially pre season/squad training time where we havent been 2 matches a week and little tactical training.

I think we will sign him and other midfielders as need to build squad replacements for Davis and Kamara at least so they are bedded in for whenever they leave/retire.

Zungu didn't start training with the squad until November, has been good to outright impressive whenever called upon and a few days ago the manager said he is delighted with his contribution so far.

It's getting really boring seeing this take on every thread about our midfield

Zungu has been good to outright impressive? Really??

Difficult to say due to his limited time but in my opinion he’s looked nothing more than an above average midfielder.

Back