Bournemouth Duo have apparently signed

These papers know nothing. They're just guessing based on what Gerrard said in the press conference. Hopefully we get them signed though.

Zungu didn't start training with the squad until November, has been good to outright impressive whenever called upon and a few days ago the manager said he is delighted with his contribution so far.

It's getting really boring seeing this take on every thread about our midfield
Very good player on the ball; perhaps he could be a bit more composed when we don't have the ball. I like him.

Excellent stuff. Hopefully the Simpson lad too. Good to see us signing guys who need a bit of work, at a young age with potential future fee in mind. Sure guys like this along with Bassey, Aribo, Kamara etc qualify as homegrown spot for English teams too? The gaffer and his team know what they're doing.

We now have a much more physical presence in our squad. We have a great balance of right and left footed players. It’s so good not see us getting bullied and losing from set pieces.
the manager and his team have been quietly building a very good squad for the future.

Am I literally the only person who doesn’t get all gushy over him being a “unit”, “tank”, “big lady's front bottom”?

No, me too. Never heard of him, he’s 21 - I’ll judge on ability not build.

Got to trust the management here. A complete unknown.

Great to get them on pre contracts. Not sure we need any of them before the summer , keep the £300k and £200K on wages or whatever it is and invest it somewhere else.

Midfielder looks interesting, defender is a weird one. 23 and only player a handful of games in his entire career.

Watched Bournemouth v Derby and Bournemouth were awful. Wasn’t aware of them or even if they played but nobody stood out apart from Solanke who was fn shite!

I'm suprised we are looking at a CB when we have Goldson, Balagoun, Helander, Katic and Edmunson. Plus what sounds like a few decent youngsters.

Will wait and see and trust the manager's judgment

His shortened name is an anagram of Find Roman Hobo, which spells good for the next game against them and who he's going to clatter.

Scott Brown pictured slumped on street after alleged drunken night out at  lap-dancing bar | Daily Mail Online

I'm suprised we are looking at a CB when we have Goldson, Balagoun, Helander, Katic and Edmunson. Plus what sounds like a few decent youngsters.

Will wait and see and trust the manager's judgment
Katic needs a season on loan
Edmundson also needs a season on loan
Helander may very well be away in the summer.
Goldson’s contract is running down but hopefully get renewed.

I think this makes total sense

Looking at the Bournemouth forums they seem much more disappointed about Ofoborh leaving. Seems like he is very highly rated and some think he should have had a run in the first team by now.
Slightly worryingly they think Simpson needs to ‘toughen up’ and playing in Scotland will be good for his development.

posts #167 & #168

I don't know much about the players but what I do like is the fact that we seem to be on the ball once again. The quality that we have brought in on development fees and free transfers thus far has been pretty tremendous.

I assume Ofoborh is more of a Bassey type signing - young player who will need to develop before they can play regularly for the first team?

I think Wilson is earning his money here between finding the talent and getting them ran past the coaching staff and analytics about their fit.

I think we'll see a couple of Central Defenders leaving and if we get good money offers, we need to be in a position to sell and replace.

Do we think that this means we aren't buying Zungu?
Given how deep we are into the season it's starting to look like the gaffer brought him in primarily as cover. I think he's been decent enough when he's played, safe but perhaps a bit cautious. Whether or not he stays will likely come down to a few factors. 1) how he features in the last third of the season, 2) the cost, 3) whether or not Kamara stays, and 4) other midfield options available

Katic needs a season on loan
Edmundson also needs a season on loan
Helander may very well be away in the summer.
Goldson’s contract is running down but hopefully get renewed.

I think this makes total sense
Why would Helander be away in the summer? First I’ve heard this mentioned.
He is regarded by most on here as our best defender and Goldsons best partner.

Katic doesn't need a season on loan!
He’s not going to play next season, he won’t have played for a year so he will need a loan for two reasons.

1. For match sharpness
2. To make up for lost development time.

He needs to go on loan to a team that have the ball, he needs to improve on that side of his game if he wants to make it here.

He’s not going to play next season, he won’t have played for a year so he will need a loan for two reasons.

1. For match sharpness
2. To make up for lost development time.

He needs to go on loan to a team that have the ball, he needs to improve on that side of his game if he wants to make it here.
He was playing regularly before his injury, mind you the centre half conundrum is a nice one to have. I Can see Balogun leaving if anyone.

I think Katic is the odd man out and will be sold not good enough on the ball for us however will do a defensive minded/counter attacking team a good turn
Walter would play him centre forward with 35 crosses into the box per game!

He was playing regularly before his injury, mind you the centre half conundrum is a nice one to have. I Can see Balogun leaving if anyone.
He really wasn't, he came in for Helander in December but found himself 4th choice as shown by Edmundson playing all the games from the St Johnstone debacle to the end of the season & obviously Fil was the other 1st choice.

I love Niko, but he needs a loan to get fit & develop which he won't do sitting in the stands after a year out through serious injury. Right now he is good defender, he needs to work on his distribution & become more savvy when it comes to challenging for the ball or dropping off.

I don't think there is a chance in hell we don't offer Balogun a contract to be honest, the gaffer seems to like him for big games & trust him to come in for Fil which was never the case with Niko IMO.

I’d rather we paid a fee and got these pair & Wright in January, means can get a good feel for the club for 5/6 months. Get a taste for winning a league aswell

Might need to watch,lol because when the African Nations Cup comes around we'll have half a team. Good to get another midfielder in. Waiting for the inevitable YT clip.
Aye if this lad signs thats 4 we have who will miss games, potentially 5 depending on Bassey.

Why would Helander be away in the summer? First I’ve heard this mentioned.
He is regarded by most on here as our best defender and Goldsons best partner.
He’s my favourite partner for Goldson but he’s a Swedish international who’s probably 3rd choice at the moment.

I was just pointing to the possible logic in signing him (Simpson)

Katic will need games we can’t give him as his rehab. Makes sense to be thinking of a loan. Edmundson becomes the odd man out presuming we trigger Balogun’s option. Goldson and Helander clear first picks.

Back