Rangers Legends v Liverpool Legends

The picture is fucking awesome. He leads us to '55 and it's getting blown up and mounted.

That will have meant every bit as much to Gerrard as what it would to us.

He's just pulled on the Rangers top inside the home dressing room at Ibrox before running on to the park to play for Rangers - charity legend match or not, real football men understand what it means.

We all know his Liverpool connections but knowing the footballing man Gerrard is, he'll be telling stories of how he pulled on the red white and blue inside the home dressing room at Ibrox just like Souness, Cooper, McCoist, Greig, Jardine, Gough, Baxter, Gascoigne, Morton, Shaw, Woodburn, Johnston... once all did.

Yep, we have so many legends ourselves some of whom you mention, and if Gerrard can carry on as he’s doing he WILL become a legend at our club forever.

I love the guy. Just love him.

He has truly brought our club back to the top in terms of stature.

NOW FOR THE TROPHIES :D

Excellent SC.

I know today was a lot about SG, but for me to see Carlos & Big Jorg & Hutton & others back at our club was a joy for me. It really was.

What a magnificent club Rangers are. Magical.

And even Jason McAteer & many other Liverpool players were so appreciative of the fans :D
The Rangers supporters today also showed our class in appreciation for Liverpool and their legends. It was a great day.

Neil Alexander has a few fantastic saves. Still looks more than capable of playing ‘proper’ football to me.
As did, in stages Hutton and Lovenkrands.

As for our boss...he could have done a job for us last season. His pass to Novo was sublime.

I managed to get it on video and just keep watching it over and over again.

And wee Novo....must be thinking "Jesus..Steven Gerrard In A Rangers top just played me through"

Some random ramblings on today
Live overseas and watched the game on YouTube. There is just no comparison between that service and the usual shit from RTV. Absolutely flawless. The quality wasn't the best at times but saw the whole game without buffering. Please RTV use this platform for all future games if possible
On the game I thought Alexander was excellent, Papac looked like he could still play at a decent level, Rae was very good till he run out of speed around the 60 min mark. Hutton looked decent but it was hard to believe he was playing at Villa only a few months ago. Charlie Adam looked like a guy who belongs in legends games. Did not look like a current player at all. Sadly time has caught up with Richard Gough and Trevor Steven. Game passed them by and I don't think we'll see them again in games like this.
The manager was awesome. You could see he was still incredibly competitive and it was in no way a kick about for him. Head and shoulders above anyone on the pitch
It's hard to believe the guy Thomon who came on for Liverpool was ever a player. Looked like a wee fat guy pulled from the crowd

Some random ramblings on today
Live overseas and watched the game on YouTube. There is just no comparison between that service and the usual shit from RTV. Absolutely flawless. The quality wasn't the best at times but saw the whole game without buffering. Please RTV use this platform for all future games if possible...

Completely the opposite for me. No buffering on YouTube but then I never get buffering on a RangersTV either. Picture quality significantly better on RangersTV as well.

Have you tried adjusting the quality setting on RangersTV?

Last edited:
As did, in stages Hutton and Lovenkrands.

As for our boss...he could have done a job for us last season. His pass to Novo was sublime.

I managed to get it on video and just keep watching it over and over again.

And wee Novo....must be thinking "Jesus..Steven Gerrard In A Rangers top just played me through"

It seemed to be a special moment for Alan Hutton at the end. He went right up & stood in front of the Copland & applauded them.

A true Ranger, who really didn’t want to leave if I remember correctly but the club really needed the cash at the time.

Gerrard in a blue jersey the obvious highlight. Felt like the ball wouldnt go out for an eternity when he was waiting to get on.

Thought apart from the gaffer wee Nacho got the loudest cheer. Love that man

I thought standouts in a blue jersey were Lovenkrands, Rae and Clint Hill(great block to stop the gaffer scoring in the 1st half)

Just me though or Big Ecks tactics were horrendous? Yes it was a charity game but Vignal in midfield? Johansson on the left wing? Buffel on the right? Boyd and then Mols up front on their own? Jig in midfield? Should have gone 4 4 2 from the start!

a post demanding 4-4-2 even in a legends game. Classic FF

Completely the opposite for me. No buffering on YouTube but then I never get buffering on a RangersTV either. Picture quality significantly better on RangersTV as well.

Have you tried adjusting the quality setting on RangersTV?
Let's not derail the thread into another endless RTV argument
It worked fine for me (though not as good as YouTube) until they changed the player
Now it is useless
I have tried all the tricks I have seen on here and it's still useless
Picture quality is better but this is more than outweighed by the fact I am lucky if I see 15 mins of the game
If YouTube is a viable option that could be offered I'd be happy to pay double if service was similar today
Glad it works for you and who knows maybe there is a technical trick I could pull off to make it work for me. But I liked today when I could click on the link and just sit back and enjoy the game. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that level of performance from a subscription service.
Today showed it is possible so why is it not happening?

Chill out a high profile celeb who laughs and jokes with Liewell and co, covers rebel songs on an album, puts the crest of this disgusting club on the drum of his band. This fanny should never appear on these threads but opinions

Do you not like Rod Stewart or something?

Gerrard in a blue jersey the obvious highlight. Felt like the ball wouldnt go out for an eternity when he was waiting to get on.

Thought apart from the gaffer wee Nacho got the loudest cheer. Love that man

I thought standouts in a blue jersey were Lovenkrands, Rae and Clint Hill(great block to stop the gaffer scoring in the 1st half)

Just me though or Big Ecks tactics were horrendous? Yes it was a charity game but Vignal in midfield? Johansson on the left wing? Buffel on the right? Boyd and then Mols up front on their own? Jig in midfield? Should have gone 4 4 2 from the start!

I don’t get what your meaning ; minus the obligatory gif

This twat hates us, no surprise he works for the BBC and has written for Bella Caledonia.

"Not as much. I support neither but live in Glasgow. One side at least has a club ethos closer to Liverpool’s."

His comment is above and trying to claim he doesn't favour the scum!

This twat hates us, no surprise he works for the BBC and has written for Bella Caledonia.

"Not as much. I support neither but live in Glasgow. One side at least has a club ethos closer to Liverpool’s."

Let him. Its flavour of the month for all these media whores and wannabes. Rangers will always be for the people. If you're a bear you know, anybody else, don't matter.

Rimmer by name, rimmer by nature.

Why was the gaffer getting booed playing for Liverpool? Bit childish don't ya think.
Can't believe this requires explanation unless you are not Scottish
The booing was a sign of affection and esteem
The Scots are a paradoxical people by nature
If they ever call you pal or friend be very wary as a punch (or head) in the mouth is likely to follow
Whereas if they call you a miserable old Cnut they obviously like you
It was in the nature of this a man we all love was booed
Thankfully the manager understood and enjoyed it as evidenced by his post match interview

Let him. Its flavour of the month for all these media whores and wannabes. Rangers will always be for the people. If you're a bear you know, anybody else, don't matter.

Liverpool a club founded by a mason and Orangeman and Jurgen Klopp's hero is Martin Luther! he's not a great researcher is Mr Rimmer

back on topic;

Did anyone get a picture from the Copland Road Front when Gerrard took his son to score ....when he did Gerrard Stood in his Rangers Strip with his hands fully in the air. Would have been a cracking picture..watched from Broomie Front..

back on topic;

Did anyone get a picture from the Copland Road Front when Gerrard took his son to score ....when he did Gerrard Stood in his Rangers Strip with his hands fully in the air. Would have been a cracking picture..watched from Broomie Front..

I was on topic mate. what I was posting was related to people commenting on our manager in our jersey yesterday

Got a link mate?
There was 3 or 4 utter feckin tosspots behind me in BF2.

Predominantly young females (early 20s) and an older male. Really ott Inverness (ish) accent commentating on Everything Liverpool did.
Offered insight to the Huy Press and knew everything a Sky subscriber cum pretend armchair Liverpool fan could know about Liverpool.

The male even ssssshhhhht them when they called Rangers .."them"

But didn't the mouths turn into cesspits when the boss was in blue.

Back