Rangers line up Lewis Ferguson in January if Glen Kamara is sold(The Sun)

The usual rubbish paper talk.
Also designed to cause upset and division among fans.
We got Glen for £50,000 and will get millions for him.
The standard of any replacement will have to be equal to the player.
Yes, we will look for bargains but Lewis Ferguson is no replacement!!!

At 20 he is still developing.From what I have seen of him he has all the basic attributes required and under the right guidance could well turn out to be a very good midfielder.Its way to soon to be writing him off.

I don't either but as a support we need to embrace the buy low/sell high mentality.

I sense that if anyone is sold there will be uproar amongst the support. Obviously some players are more critical than others but we need to change our mentality or our business plan clearly won't work.
That`s the harsh reality of where we are as a club.

It`s what we shouted for 7 years ago. Bring players on and sell for good profit. Self-sustainable and all that.

Paper talk.

If he has years left under contract with Aberdeen, they will not sell cheap.

There's better elsewhere for less if we sell Kamara.

if someone offers overs 5 million it will be hard to turn down, especially when we have decent options in midfield

At this point I'd rather keep GK than sign him but perhaps getting away from the seventies and playing in a 21st century football team could see him develop into a player.
Agreed on all points. Gerrard might have seen something he likes in the boy but I struggle to see him in our midfield, but I did the say the same about Jack.

Not sure on Ferguson or his ability

However, I posted on here before I do believe we will cash in on Kamara

the sums of money being discussed £8-10m can’t be refused IF it transpires

We can replace Kamara, we can’t replace Morelos

imho, something has to give

(Only my opinion folks)
I think this is the most sensible option come January if it happens we have aribo who would slot in there allowing any new signing time to bed in plus we have young Stephen kelly on loan at ayr coming back next season who having seen him play a few times this season I think has a real chance of making it

The sun........

Anyway, let's take it as a compliment. This shit stirring and general speculation about our key players moving on means we are now in the right place to challenge the beggars. We are also clearly going to be drawing attention from other clubs given the high profile European performances last season and again this season.

Bids may come in, they may not, but I'm pretty sure SG will rebuff all until the summer at least.

if someone offers overs 5 million it will be hard to turn down, especially when we have decent options in midfield
We have 4 central mids who have been sharing the role, if Kamara goes that leaves us with Jack, Aribo and Davis.

Nobody else has shown to be good enough yet to fill one of those 3 slots apart from Arfield who can do a job in there

Ferguson is a plodder and nowhere near the player Kamara is ,and never will be.He actually reminds me of the guy Hutton that played for us under Ally

Ferguson stuff obviously a lot of guff. Wouldn’t really suit us, isn’t a very intelligent player & nothing like Kamara.

A friend of mine is a Hamilton director. He thinks Ferguson will become a better player than McArthur or McCartney. Also, he's not a wee ned, he's looks like a big ned.

Wishful thinking on the DR`s behalf.

The vibes coming from Kamara and the club suggest he is settled and loves the place.

Ferguson ... contract till 2024 and no matter whether he is good enough or not, McInnes and Aberdeen would rather puke blood and organs before letting him go to us, even for serious cash.

A friend of mine is a Hamilton director. He thinks Ferguson will become a better player than McArthur or McCartney. Also, he's not a wee ned, he's looks like a big ned.
Sure similar was said about Doc. More hope than expectancy on Hamiltons side.

I don't either but as a support we need to embrace the buy low/sell high mentality.

I sense that if anyone is sold there will be uproar amongst the support. Obviously some players are more critical than others but we need to change our mentality or our business plan clearly won't work.
I agree but I also think when we bring someone in its better now to sell at the first sign of a decent offer when it's likely if the player stays the will get better and we will then get better money for them

Kamara after a slow start this season is really settling down and playing very well again, for me i wouldn`t be selling him to anyone in January

It’s like the media have shut their eyes and picked a player that Rangers are going to sell out of a hat.

I thought we were developing our own like McCrorie and Docherty. Rather we called them back.
Kelly got more of a chance than both imo. Docherty hasn't had a sniff since we played East Fife. I don't think Gerrard sees a future for him.

Hopefully we don't lose Kamara. At the moment he's one of our best midfield options.

Lewis Ferguson is not as bad as posters on this thread suggest though. He's streetwise, intelligent defensively and whilst he's not as good on the ball as his father or uncle but he knows where to move it. He is only 20 and could easily end up being in a similar mould to our most consistent current midfield performer Ryan Jack and Kevin Thomson before him.

Ferguson is worth watching but Aberdeen won't let us have him cheap.

We've got arguably one of the best number 8's to play the gane managing our team. I actually think Ferguson working under Gerrard could prove to be a great bit of business. Depending on the fee, if they're wanting delusional McKenna money I'd rather look else where.

I don't watch Aberdeen that often but I have found Ferguson to look pretty decent enough.

I would highly doubt ever singly player we sing will also fit one profile of style i.e a direct replacement for Kamara etc.

We could actually do with putting some younger talent into the churn of our squad.

Ferguson is no where near Kamara`s level - or have his potential.

But what ever we got for Kamara the sheep would want all of it plus for their diddy. Not happening.

Just as an aside - what do we realistically think Kamara is worth?

Ferguson is a good player and he is only 20 - he has the potential to go on and be even better under the right coaching.

I'm not sure he really fits the style of play, and he's certainly not comparable to Kamara in terms of style, but he's not a dud.

Don't see any quotes there relating to Ferguson,the quote regarding Kamara I heard in his post match. Don't know if he'd be an improvement on Kamara only time will tell on that. Could bring his game on working with Stevie and if Rangers came calling how could the guy resist.

If we bid for him everything would be played out in the papers, our bid their rejection due us insulting them etc. We should stay away from Aberdeen’s players unless they are out of contract or have a release clause as it would be big bad Rangers trying to get out played on the cheap whinging for weeks.

I don't rate Ryan Jack as highly as most on here do and couldn't really tell you how good Ferguson is or isn't. But the "No, Nay, Never, he's shite" responses from the majority of posters remind me a lot of the response when the Jack deal was first rumoured.

He's obviously not a like for like replacement for Kamara but we have a few players who are sort of similar to Kamara in Aribo and Davis, guys who are highly technical ball players yet not the most physical.

We lack agression and youth in the midfield. That's what Ferguson would bring. Kamara has done well for us but isn't a guaranteed starter. We need to start selling players for a profit and reinvesting and good money forna guy we signed for buttons is the way to do that.

Back